Jillian's New 90 day workout system

Ivy

Cathlete
Hey, has anyone purchased this one? I saw the infomercial the other day on television when I couldn't sleep. Does anyone have any reviews for this one?

There's a thread over at Video Fitness about this set. Someone had excellent results in a short period of time utilizing both the work outs and the eating plan.

If I wasn't trying to work up to my Cathe collection, I would have purchased this in a heartbeat. Say what you want about Jillian, her stuff yields excellent results IMO. Before Cathe, I used her 3 HOT w/o's (30-Day Shred, BFBM, NMTZ) to lose all my post-partum baby weight. She has a special place in my heart. If you can, I say go for it!! I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Natasha

same here....im really thinking about getting it....i was just waiting to see if the price was going to go down at some point....b/c they did the same thing with the firm thin in 30...it was being sold initially for $120 and then they dropped it to $90....so i'm hoping they may do this or let others like totalfitness or collage carry it....but we'll c....but i'm very interested in getting [email protected] agree people can say what they want, but her stuff is good and effective....ijs:)

I want this one one too... I know most people don't like her, but I like Jillian's tough love attitude.

She gave a pretty good explanation of it on her recent podcast. I'm very interested.

listening to it now since I'm curious how it's different from her other workouts. First, props to her for being honest that she's is sorta doing a P90X knock-off (all these systems were inspired by P90X's success).
In the VF thread someone mentioned these seem like her very first workouts, The Biggest Winner Maximize and Shape Up Frontside/Backside. now when I'm listening to her she said she always gave total body workouts but it sounds like she prefers the split workouts (which I then wonder why she didn't stick to them in the first place). The hybrid lifts sound like a lighter weight CLX.

The set sounds pretty good though.

For those of you who are interested they are airing the infomercial tomorrow 2/18/12 on

oxygen- eastern 0730am central 0630am mountain 0530am
trutv- 0830am 0730am 0630am

The rest of the schedule is on the web site

listening to it now since I'm curious how it's different from her other workouts. First, props to her for being honest that she's is sorta doing a P90X knock-off (all these systems were inspired by P90X's success).
In the VF thread someone mentioned these seem like her very first workouts, The Biggest Winner Maximize and Shape Up Frontside/Backside. now when I'm listening to her she said she always gave total body workouts but it sounds like she prefers the split workouts (which I then wonder why she didn't stick to them in the first place). The hybrid lifts sound like a lighter weight CLX.

The set sounds pretty good though.

I had the same thoughts. I actually like the split approach she used in her earlier workouts, I just didn't care for her on-camera personality on them. I think her more recent workouts are much better.

In her prior round of podcasts and in her books, she often talks about the front/back splits. I think her workouts were total body because she was selling them as 1-off workouts, and with the system, she has the ability to go back to the approach she prefers.

I've tried looking for other workouts that do the front/back split and they are very hard to come by. Chalene does to some degree in CLX (I think - I have to back and double check), Some of P90X workouts - at least for the upper body. That might be it.

I want this one one too... I know most people don't like her, but I like Jillian's tough love attitude.

I really like Jillian's style-no perky blond stuff here. I would like to buy her new workout system but I'm budgeting for Cathe's Hard Core Series.

So I see there are Jillian fan's here.....

So let me ask you guys, did anyone pre-order her kickboxing w/o? I have her Shed&Shred and really like that one :)

I'm a Jillian fan too. Can't argue with her results. I really want the her new program, but after just lecturing my husband about how we need to save money I can't order it. I already spent a ton getting a bunch of Cathe downloads! Maybe I can talk a family member into splitting it with me and we can rotate the DVD's!

So I see there are Jillian fan's here.....

So let me ask you guys, did anyone pre-order her kickboxing w/o? I have her Shed&Shred and really like that one :)

i thought about it mini-natty, but since i might get the system and it looks like it has kickboxing in it, i might pass on it....but i know me....if i go in the store and see it in there, i may not be able to resist....lol....i also have her shed and shred but haven't done it yet...but i previewed it and it looked good to me....so as far as pre-order, probably no....but i may pick it up in the store if i see it in there after it's released:)

My March issue of Health came yesterday and Jillian is on the cover. She is glowing in every photo! Here's a quote from the article, "When you're physically fit, you're more confident and empowered."

I set my DVR to record the infomercial this morning. I'm sure I'll be tempted!

Lisa

I am interested in ordering Body Revolution too. But I was wondering if there are any "level of fitness" issues. I mean if I have been doing Cathe's workouts for years and years, will Jillian's workouts be challenging? Sorry it that is a dumb question, I just haven't used any of her workouts before and didn't want to waste the money if these workouts were for a beginner level. Anyone know?

I am interested in ordering Body Revolution too. But I was wondering if there are any "level of fitness" issues. I mean if I have been doing Cathe's workouts for years and years, will Jillian's workouts be challenging? Sorry it that is a dumb question, I just haven't used any of her workouts before and didn't want to waste the money if these workouts were for a beginner level. Anyone know?

I can assure you, Jillian's w/o's are not beginner/easy.

I did strictly Jillian for years before I found Cathe. I have all of her w/o's (except for 2). What I can say is that Jillian in a way, prepared me for Cathe. Had I not been doing her w/o's, I don't think there would have been a chance in hell that I could get through Cathe's hardest (my first w/o's were hiit pyramid, 40/20 & Intensity :eek:). Jillian style is very different from Cathe's, nonetheless challenging and sweat inducing (to say the least). I do mostly Cathe now, but to change it up I still incorporate Jillian into my routine. She still kicks my butt! Jillian is bitter sweet IMO. Some hate her brash style, I kinda' like it. She has this way of pushing you to do stuff you never though possible (like 2min of plank jacks/mountain climber's with NO REST). Before you invest in a program like hers (which I am assuming is not cheap) perhaps try one of her DVD's to see how you like her. Her DVD's are very affordable. You can purchase her 3pk classic (30-Day Shred, NMTZ, BFBM) for probably under $20.

Good luck!

Natasha

mini-natty said:
I can assure you, Jillian's w/o's are not beginner/easy.

I did strictly Jillian for years before I found Cathe. I have all of her w/o's (except for 2). What I can say is that Jillian in a way, prepared me for Cathe. Had I not been doing her w/o's, I don't think there would have been a chance in hell that I could get through Cathe's hardest (my first w/o's were hiit pyramid, 40/20 & Intensity :eek:). Jillian style is very different from Cathe's, nonetheless challenging and sweat inducing (to say the least). I do mostly Cathe now, but to change it up I still incorporate Jillian into my routine. She still kicks my butt! Jillian is bitter sweet IMO. Some hate her brash style, I kinda' like it. She has this way of pushing you to do stuff you never though possible (like 2min of plank jacks/mountain climber's with NO REST). Before you invest in a program like hers (which I am assuming is not cheap) perhaps try one of her DVD's to see how you like her. Her DVD's are very affordable. You can purchase her 3pk classicp
Good luck!

Natasha

Natasha's and my stories are somewhat similar, in that I also was doing Jillian before I discovered Cathe and also feel she got me into good enough shape to be able to do Cathe workouts. My first Cathe was HiiT, so Natasha and I have that in common, too!

I feel that Jillian is effective, but find her workouts to be more intermediate or intermediate advanced (more like MMA boxing, not in style, but sweat factor), but her newer workouts may be more advanced...I wouldn't know because I pretty much stuck with 30-Day Shred, NMTZ, and BFBM. I don't do those workouts anymore because they're not advanced enough, but I'm lucky to have enough of Cathe's workouts to get some great variety without having to use those videos. When I need an easier workout, I use one of Cathe's "easier" workouts. In the past few years I've occasionally been forced to take a few months off at a time from working out, and I always use Jillian for the first couple of workouts after I'm approved to go at it again. I'll never get rid of those DVDs, because they're effective and fun.

And I like Jillian's style...it was tough love when I needed it. She was right. If a 400 pound person could do jumping jacks, I could too! She helped me not to give up and to move on to even greater things than I though I was capable of. Now thats a good trainer. Cathe's done the same for me, only pushed me even harder and even further than I ever thought I would go. So grateful to both!

Thanks Natasha and Trixoo- Good information! I will probably watch the infomercial again and then decide or like you said Natasha, try one of the other DVDs of Jillians first.

I watched the infomercial and was disappointed by several things I saw:
  1. Jillian says she "coined" the term metabolic training. Really?
  2. The packaging is more prone to scratching the DVDs. For that price I expect the DVDs to be in cases. We know it can be done!
  3. No yoga workouts. I like her Yoga Meltdown, so was expecting to see yoga in this series.
Overall, I like Jillian, so not an attack on her. I think I'll pass on these workouts unless I get them for about half the price. I will keep an eye on the reviews/results.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.