Is Interval workouts the most effective in burning Fat?

Cathy 2

Cathlete
Is interval training the best in burning calories? I thought I read somewhere that this type of workout should only be done twice a week besides other w/o's because it can be taxing on the heart/cardio?

It is very taxing so I'd say 3-4 times per week...MAX! The harder you work during the intervals, the less often you should do them and allow for more rest afterwards. I limit intervals to once per week, right now, but that suits my goals.

Keeping your body surprised is the best way to burn fat. Mix it up, keep the body guessing. Do intervals one day, steady state the next. Change up your method, as well.

HTH!

>Keeping your body surprised is the best way to burn fat. Mix
>it up, keep the body guessing. Do intervals one day, steady
>state the next. Change up your method, as well.
>
>HTH!

Which Cathe w/o's offer steady state cardio? I have Lo Max, IMax 2, these are interval w/o's right? I also have Cardio & Weights, and the Cross Train Express series.

I've had my best results using intervals or HIIT, HOWEVER, I also changed up my eating plan. I'm following BFL and doing one of Cathe's IMAX tapes or Low Max for cardio 3 times a week.

Colleen

Cathy,

There is a wealth of information on HIIT. (Google)

My understanding is the key to HIIT vs. low intensity (traditional steady state cardio) has to do more with the post workout fat burning effect than the actual fat burning that occurs during. If you have the time, check out this somewhat scientific but intetresting article:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/printable.php?Type=Article

X

this might be a dumb question, but what is the difference between circuit training and interval training?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.