Insanity workout

NHoffman13

Hey there!
So I just had a baby almost 3 months ago. I am back to working out with Cathe, on my way to getting my pre-pregnancy body back! But while I was pregnancy my husband gained some weight. he stays home with our son 3 days a week for 13 hours a day while I am at work then works 2-3 days a week at his job. He is finding a hard time getting to the gym and is thinking about getting the Insanity workout so he can workout at home. Does anyone have this workout program and what do you think??? Thanks!!!
Nicole
:D

Why doesn't he just do Cathe?! :)Several threads exist on the Insanity topic if you want to search for them, but I've done Insanity twice, and it is brutal- very high impact from start to finish. It is not for the faint of heart. It is all cardio, no weights other than the body weight exercises. It's a fun program, but some find it tedious because of how many times the workouts are repeated and how similar they are to each other. That said, I had great results with it. My abs and aerobic capacity were strengthened immensely. It's probably the toughest program I've ever done. I don't think the workouts are any harder than HIIT 40/20, they are about the same but longer, and you do it everyday. It's hard!! Your husband might like it if he's already in fairly good shape. I think it would be really tough otherwise.

I think you'll find some very varying opinions on this one. Unlike nkhansen1, I did not think this was fun at all, I found it tedious and boring, that combined with how hard it was, there was just no enjoyment in this for me. I have heard of a lot of guys who got great results with this, and I really think it's just a matter of taste whether your hubby would like the workouts or not.

I definitely think he will get a very good workout these, but it's really in his personality whether he will like these or not.

I agree with the OP, search on Insanity and you should find a lot of other opinions on this.

DH and I did an Insanity rotation. They are hard workouts! I would agree that the workouts get tedious as there isn't a lot of variety. I think DH enjoyed it more than I did as he liked the lack of choreography. Good intense workouts with simple moves.

My ex use to love these workouts and most of the men I know who have tried these seem to love them as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.