Insanity Recovery Drink--do i have to!?

taterkc

Cathlete
I just got my Insanity package today, and I guess I ordered two big jugs of the orange recovery drink (oops!) Is it absolutely necessary for results? I think it has a lot of sugar in it (I know it's supposed to to help your body recover glucogen or something like that), but I'd rather just have water. Anybody drink it or have any opinions either way?? Thank you!

I just got my Insanity package today, and I guess I ordered two big jugs of the orange recovery drink (oops!) Is it absolutely necessary for results? I think it has a lot of sugar in it (I know it's supposed to to help your body recover glucogen or something like that), but I'd rather just have water. Anybody drink it or have any opinions either way?? Thank you!

I described the Results and Recovery formula to my Beachbody coach as "panther piss" when she was apologizing for it not being delivered with my Insanity Deluxe package. Make of that what you will . . .

A-Jock

I used the recovery drink when I was doing the X and loved it! It's high cal though so that would pose a problem for me at times as I can not get filled up on liquid. I need to EAT so at the end of the day it would often leave me wishing I had those extra calories to "chew" on. lol

That being said, I am not using it for Insanity. It's simply too darned expensive and they say chocolate milk works just as well if you want to use SOMETHING. I don't think it's necessary. I'll bet lots of folks on here that are doing Insanity are not using the recovery drink and are fine!

I'm doing Insanity and I don't use there recovery drink. I used when I did P90X too and I did like it. Now I don't know if this is only me but I drank like 3 BIG CUP of water while doing Insanity, and for recovery I have volumaize from BSN.

I am doing Insanity and I do not use the recovery formula. i feel that it is rather expensive. I drink water while doing Insanity and have a protein shake afterwards.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.