I'm an addict!

naughtoj

Cathlete
.................to watermelon!!!!!

It happens every summer for me. They come in season and I just can't stop eating them!!! I can easily eat, if I don't limit myself, a WHOLE seedless watermelon in ONE DAY. Yesterday I ate half of one!!!

I know watermelon is pretty good for you, but very high on the GI index. Stands to reason that the less sweet it is the less calories it has, eh? Just can't figure out how there are so many calories in it if it is, like, 98% water!!!

Anybody have a really bad habit with seasonal fruit? I do the same thing with strawberries, albeit to a lesser degree, and come June I can't look at another strawberry or I'll puke.:)

Trying to break myself of the habit or at the very least, work out more to burn it off!!! LOL!!

I'm right there with you on the watermelon...I think I could eat a whole one myself too!!

Look at it this way...better than eating a candy bar...right??

Marietta

Janice you are not alone....I am a huge addict with watermelon...especially since going Vegan....I can eat ALL I want...http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/3.gif[/img]...Carole

Me too!!!! I love watermelon. What I do is I cut it in half and leave it on my counter. When a commercial break comes on from the Cathe workout, I run over and take a few bites. I just nibble on the half watermelon all day until it is gone. Sometimes I put it back in the fridge, but I find myself nibbling so much on it that I usually just let it sit out and it will be gone in no time. I never get tired of watermelon.

Charlotte~~

I have eaten a whole watermelon. Ah, summer! Watermelon and cherries! I have knocked off a huge container of cherries in the past three days. We are talking four pounds and I haven't seen anyone else "taking hits" of them so it has to be me. I tend to eat more vegetables than fruits except when my favorites come on. If this be madness, let me be consumed!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

>I have eaten a whole watermelon.

Me,too!
And I spent half of the day going to the bathroom afterwards (it really IS very high in water content!).
FYI: watermelon is a good source of potassium, and watermelon seeds are high in protein. I once roasted some seeds and ate them. Not too bad. Kind of extra crunchy and chewy, though.

Peaches. I love peach season. The smell of peaches in the summertime is delightful. I also love black cherries, green & black seedless grapes; can't eat too many b/c I will dbl over.

As for watermelon, I still enjoy it, but not as much as the above. When I was a child I use to eat watermelon everday even down to the rind. My mother would say, "Don't you know only pigs eat the rind?";(

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

Watermelon definitely and nectarines!! Raspberries also. I love summer fruit!!

--Lois

"If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning" - Mahatma Ghandi

My mother would say, "Don't you know
>only pigs eat the rind?";(
>
>

My grandmother made watermelon pickles out of the rind. They were goood!

Janice,

I am right there with you.... and from the sounds of it we have enough to start a support group!
Try this sometime, talk about refreshing!!!!!!

Watermelon smoothie
2 1/2 cups watermelon
1 cup raspberry sherbet
2 cups ice

Just blend it all in the blender and OMG I can pretend I'm on a tropical island even when it's a rainy day in Ohio!!!!!!!!
I love them and have had 3 or 4 already this season. And just bought watermelon #3 !!!! YUM, YUM, YUM!!!!!!!!!:9

I love watermelon, nectarines, peaches and any berry! berries are my weakness. i would probably lose weight faster if i would stop eating so much fruit!;-)

jes

Great to know I'm NOT the only one, Janice.:)

I can't figure out how it can be high-calorie either, if it's mostly water.

Also, an interesting thing: I've been bloated for the last week. I surmise that since I wasn't bloated AT ALL when PMS-ing last month, my body's doing all it can to make me miserable this month. (I've been extremely crabby, too.x( ) Anyway, I've been eating lots of watermelon the last two days, down to the rind -- and going to the bathroom a lot. This morning I woke up with less bloat. Couldn't believe it. Watermelon's the only new thing I've added to my meals.

Pinky

Mine is, unfortunately, mango. I could eat 10 mangos a day - but they're fairly calorie dense and very high in fructose, so I try to limit myself to 9 ;-)

Joni

I believe I calculated my whole watermelon at about 700 hundred calories which replaces one meal and one snack. My sister does the same thing. Don't go to her house for watermelon though. she cuts them up and consumes the "heart", the sweetest part at the center, for herself as she cuts. Watermelon makes me feel stuffed, so could it be part of a fruity juicy fast you chew? I don't fast but I would if instead of juices, watermelon was on the menu.

Peaches, mangoes, raspberries, mmmmmmm! Enjoy them while they last. Summer will blow by and these things will be inedible, rock hard or flavorless and overpriced before we know it. :)
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

LOL janice... me and hubby are too, we eat ALOT of watermelon, he buys a couple a week..... Rhonda

Yep, I love watermelon too, and blackberries, can't wait for those. Oh yes, and cherries too. I recently bought a mini seedless watermelon at the grocery store. the check-out lady gave it to me free and told me to try it and report back about them. It's loaded with the goods, very little rind, and it was delicious. Since they're so small I don't see anything wrong with eating a whole one by myself!
Brandi:+

Hey Becky..

That smoothie sounds absolutely delish!! Just what I need......more ways to eat watermelon!! Ahhh, well I guess there are worse habits in life! :)

700 calories Bobbi? I went on Fitday once and calculated a whole seedless to be around 2,000+:eek: R U talking about those itty bitty ones? I don't even mess with those, doesn't even whet my appetite!

I have been finding that Costco and Sam's have the best ones. Plus, I am a watermelon snob. NO SEEDS!! Yuck. Seeds would probably slow me down though....LOL

funny You are talking about watermelon. I bought a seedless watermelon and it was so good. I love them things. I used to eat them when I was pregnant. Watermelon and strawberries have been my fruit this week. Usually eat grapes and oranges but did not like how they looked. My husband finished off the watermelon last night, so off to the grocery store tomorrow. I usually cut them into triangle slices and put them into big ziploc bags so the kids can get them easily.

Yes, I am totally addicted.

kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.