I might have to give up yoga and I'm not happy about it.

melagras

Cathlete
I have been having problems with vertigo for the past three months and I finally went to an ENT doc this week (5th doctor I have been to) who diagnosed me with BPPV. He performed the Epley Maneuver (scared the crap out of me). I waited a couple of days before doing any form of exercise. The warm-up and cool down on the particular dvd I was using last night had a brief downward facing dog segment in both. I felt fine last night but this morning my ears were aching bad and I felt off balance.

This all started when I bought Ultimate Yogi. I had been using Namaste Yoga dvds which are only 22-25 minutes long. I never had any issues while using these short yoga practices.

I finally found a yoga program that could actually get me relaxed enough so I could get a relatively good night's sleep. I am not a happy camper.

Anyone else dealing with this?

When I began doing the inverted poses in yoga, that's when I began to experience benign positional vertigo! Same thing. Now, even if I go over backwards on the stability ball with my head hanging down to do crunches, I can get it. I am VERY careful not to let my head hang down for any reason. I wonder if you can do yoga as long as you don't let your head hang down. By the way, the epley maneuver is very helpful for me.

I have that and I wasn't doing yoga when it started, it comes and goes and can last 3-6 months. I take meclizine and a allergy pill everyday.

I have had pretty intense positional vertigo since I was a kid but it's gotten better over the last few years. I can do things now that I never could have done when I was younger. Certain poses in yoga is one of them!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.