I feel spoiled by Cathe

mini-natty

Cathlete
IMO, all the other trainers just don't cut it.

I have been doing workout video's since my daughter's birth around 3 years ago, and since then collected A LOT of video's from various trainer's. Although they help me shed my baby weight, I always felt something was "missing". It wasn't until I found Cathe in May 2011, that the missing piece of my puzzle was found.

Now, when I want to change up my routine, I go to non-Cathe DVD's, but I find myself always returning to Cathe shortly after. Her personality, confidence & strength, the challenge of her workouts, the endless variety, results, sweat & tears, all have convinced me that Cathe is in a league of her own. She has taken me to a level of fitness that I never knew existed, and for that I feel truly grateful (and spoiled !!).

So to ring in 2012, how does Cathe "spoil" you?

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean!
I just went through my DVD collection and have a stack of non-Cathe workouts that I never use.:( I use all my Cathe collection.
I will say that I have used my Jari Love workouts a lot:)(I may have worn out Ripped & Chiseled:eek:), but her style is very different from Cathe. Jari is super high rep, and you either click with her- or you don't. Her form is no where near as clean as Cathe's. In fact, I find myself looking at Jari's background exercisers most of the time.
My husband uses Cathe and always comments on her impeccable form. :cool:

With the exception of a few yoga workouts, I spent January 1 cleaning out my non-Cathe workouts. I get all the variety I need from Cathe! I've tried to workout with other instructors, but no-one holds a candle to Cathe. I got my start years ago from The Firm and while I can credit The Firm for my initial commitment, I never looked back. It's been Cathe some 10+ years later that has kept me going!

Lisa

Fit44,
I have to agree with you on Jari. I own almost all of her DVD's. I like her a lot too, but Cathe's form is top-notch whereas Jari gets sloppy sometimes. Leslie is my favorite from her crew. Holy that woman has I think 7 kids!!!! She totally kicks butt!!!

I just did Ripped To The Core 2 days ago. I upped my weight and did sort of a pyramid-style workout. My arms are still burning!

Did you get her newest Hardcore 1000? I am on the fence about whether to purchase that one or not. It looks a lot like Get Extremely Ripped! 1000.

Did you get her newest Hardcore 1000? I am on the fence about whether to purchase that one or not. It looks a lot like Get Extremely Ripped! 1000.

Yes, I purchased her newest release and I love it! It's a calorie burner for sure. It is similar to the GER1000, but the cardio segments are much longer. If I remember correctly, the cardio segments are 5 minutes.

Totally agree. I just did 4 of Gin Miller's stuff which are all advanced workouts then to workout with Cathe, who takes the advanced workout on a whole new level. We are spoiled in a BIG way. Thanks Cathe and Crew.

If it weren't for Cathe, I don't know if I'd still be working out...I used Jillian Michaels to get back in shape and then found a KCM plyo video that stared nudging me towards more advanced stuff, but I was eating pretty bored. Then when searching for more plyo I found HiiT on Collage and have never looked back.

I am so appreciative to be able to get intense workouts at home with so much variety and no worries (am I holding this right? What muscle am I working? Is it supposed to feel like that? Will this be effective?)...Cathe takes care of all that for me. All I have to do is show up in front of my TV. It's a beautiful thing.

I recently had to go back to my Jillian and KCM tapes as I was recovering post-op. I'll be forever grateful to Jillian for eating me going, but I can't tell you how happy I was when I could get back to Cathe.

Fit44,

I just did Ripped To The Core 2 days ago. I upped my weight and did sort of a pyramid-style workout. My arms are still burning!

I just did Ripped To the Core this morning. I hadn't done it in a while and really enjoyed it. I also upped the weight, and I'm feeling like toast already. I don't have Jari's latest, but I like GER1000.

I love Cathe (obviously) and can't say anything bad about her workouts. I will have to qualify and say, however, that there are a lot of other instructors I love as well. I can't imagine only doing one instructor. Variety is the spice of life. Not only that, but variety is what keeps your body and your muscles challenged. I think it would be a huge mistake to only use one instructor, Cathe or anybody else!

Well, I was trying to fix some typos when my post sent prematurely...love the iPad, but it is sensitive. Plus, whenever I think I'm typing "getting" it always comes out "eating." Does this thing know me or what? :)

my ultimate point was going to be that Cathe is the best and without her pushing me and giving me so many ways to work out, I think I would have become bored and just stopped working out. Thanks to her 12 days of Christmas sale, I substantially expanded my Cathe library, so I'm good to go for a long time to come. But Cathe also spoils us by being so prolific. Am I the only one who's already wondering what Cathe has up her sleeve for 2012? Thanks Cathe for spoiling us insatiable exercisers. :)

I just did Ripped To the Core this morning. I hadn't done it in a while and really enjoyed it. I also upped the weight, and I'm feeling like toast already. I don't have Jari's latest, but I like GER1000.

I love Cathe (obviously) and can't say anything bad about her workouts. I will have to qualify and say, however, that there are a lot of other instructors I love as well. I can't imagine only doing one instructor. Variety is the spice of life. Not only that, but variety is what keeps your body and your muscles challenged. I think it would be a huge mistake to only use one instructor, Cathe or anybody else!

I have to totally agree with you on this. That's why I purchased Supreme 90-Day recently. I don't think I could just stick to Cathe exclusively, since I have a wondering eye..........;)

But she always keeps me coming back ;)

To me, it's not just Cathe, but the whole support; newsletters, workout manager and forums, premixes, blog and so on. It makes it easy to do complex training, you can get your weights set up and so on...

This is exactly how I feel as well!!! Thanks for posting it for me! ;):)

I agree with Faithnveggies - no one compares to the support system you find with Cathe. I really appreciate the Workout Manager, the STS workout cards, the online challenges (like Race across America). With Cathe, its the whole package.

I agree that no one compares to Cathe. I workout 6 days/wk and most of those days I'm working out with Cathe (sometimes everyday). I like everything about her workouts: fun, variety, Cathe's personality (she politely kicks your butt), the crew, the set, the music, creativity, expertise, etc. There are other instructors that I really appreciate also like Jeanette Jenkins, Michelle Dozois, and Chalene Johnson (Turbofire), and I do their workout regularly too, but nobody is on Cathe's level. She's in a class all by herself to me.

If it weren't for Cathe, I don't know if I'd still be working out...I used Jillian Michaels to get back in shape and then found a KCM plyo video that stared nudging me towards more advanced stuff, but I was eating pretty bored. Then when searching for more plyo I found HiiT on Collage and have never looked back.

I am so appreciative to be able to get intense workouts at home with so much variety and no worries (am I holding this right? What muscle am I working? Is it supposed to feel like that? Will this be effective?)...Cathe takes care of all that for me. All I have to do is show up in front of my TV. It's a beautiful thing.

I recently had to go back to my Jillian and KCM tapes as I was recovering post-op. I'll be forever grateful to Jillian for eating me going, but I can't tell you how happy I was when I could get back to Cathe.

Trixoo,

I have had the same experience with Jillian. She got me going after I had my daughter (before I found Cathe). Some people find her too aggressive, but I love her "rough & tough" personality. And no doubt about it, her workouts are TOUGH. Have you tried Shed & Shred? It's awesome!! A different Jillian that's for sure. Very refreshing.

I've tried a number of other instructors including new Firms, Jillian Michaels, Jari Love. Unfortunately, I'm not as motivated by them as I am with Cathe. I always feel like I'm taking a class with Cathe and the crew. I have found a few yoga workouts I like by Jeanette Jenkins, Baron Baptiste & Eoin Finn. IMHO, Cathe offers so much variety that my body continues to be challenged. LIS has proven that!

mini-natty said:
Trixoo,

I have had the same experience with Jillian. She got me going after I had my daughter (before I found Cathe). Some people find her too aggressive, but I love her "rough & tough" personality. And no doubt about it, her workouts are TOUGH. Have you tried Shed & Shred? It's awesome!! A different Jillian that's for sure. Very refreshing.

No, I haven't tried it...I find her workouts too "easy" compared to Cathe...I take it this ones more advanced? I'll have to check it out, since it would be fun to work out with her again..thanks!

I know exactly what you mean!
I just went through my DVD collection and have a stack of non-Cathe workouts that I never use.:( I use all my Cathe collection.
I will say that I have used my Jari Love workouts a lot:)(I may have worn out Ripped & Chiseled:eek:), but her style is very different from Cathe. Jari is super high rep, and you either click with her- or you don't. Her form is no where near as clean as Cathe's. In fact, I find myself looking at Jari's background exercisers most of the time.
My husband uses Cathe and always comments on her impeccable form. :cool:

Jari Love seems like a great gal, but, bless her heart, her form can be so baddd it makes me cringe....for instance when she does bicep curls her wrists are not strong and straight, but hanging back....ouch! And in one of her dvds that I have she is doing some sort of a lunge and her knee is too too far over her toes....yikes! (I can't remember which dvd....I have 5 of hers)

Jari Love seems like a great gal, but, bless her heart, her form can be so baddd it makes me cringe....for instance when she does bicep curls her wrists are not strong and straight, but hanging back....ouch! And in one of her dvds that I have she is doing some sort of a lunge and her knee is too too far over her toes....yikes! (I can't remember which dvd....I have 5 of hers)

I wonder if you own her newer workouts? Her lunges in the GER workouts are awful! I can't describe her lunge in the newer workouts. It's not even a lunge.:confused: Thankfully the background exercisers look good! LOL

I just don't bother with hardly anyone else. I have a variety of instructors for yoga, Shiva Rae (spl), Sarah Kline on Yoga Today, but when it comes to cardio I find Cathe to be the most challenging, second to running. Still, that said, I only use one set of risers:eek: That means there is always room for improvement. Also, I really like that she doesn't dumb down exercises, I don't feel like she is talking down to me. I hate it when I look at an instructor who is extremely slender, fit, or cut and they are teaching me basics with low weights. I mean really, why should I believe that you got that way by going light or doing low intensity anything? Its totally bogus. At least you see Cathe sweat. I feel like she is showing us the way to actually do it. I also love the shear inventiveness of her different workouts. I could do a different video everyday for a month and still have workouts to do.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.