I am on the top floor of my condo building

CDPotier

Cathlete
Even with two AC's running, it is still too warm in here to do cardio. So I am doing a upper body and lower body split, and yoga or stretching. I can't wait for the weather to get cooler so I can begin doing cardio.

I feel your pain. I have a two story townhouse. I used to hate cold weather. Now, I love it thanks to hot flashes! :(

. . . so does this mean you get to do 'hot yoga'? :cool:

I don't think I could tolerate cardio without cool temperatures. When it gets into the upper 90s, I skip it.

It cooled down a little here

So I began cardio this week with the AC running in the living room. Believe me, it was not easy. I know what you mean about the hot flashes, and I used to wake up with night sweats. I could not stand it, so I began with Hormone Replacement Therapy. I know many of you would disagree with me, but I get a mammogram every six months, and I have my internist do bloodwork every three months. I feel much better taking the HRT.

I don't know if you all have High Velocity fans going in your workout rooms but I bought one from Air King and let me tell ya', that fan really blows - in a good way. I wonder if that would help?

I get super hot and even on the LOW setting I feel instantly better. It's a super high power (and good quality) fan that comes with a ceiling mount.

I totally get what it means to workout in high temperatures. My workout space is half of our garage. I live in California and some days we get over 100 degrees. And yes, I have worked out on those days. I have an area air conditioner...which does not cool down the whole room, but I make it blow on me as much as possible when I work out . Then I also have a spray-bottle of water and spray myself down every so often as well as guzzling ice water.

So I feel your pain.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.