How many step risers do you own?

dennyr

Cathlete
I have 8 risers, but have used only up to 5 for a high step.

Has anybody ever needed more than 8?

I have 10, and the high step topper, but I don't recall ever using more than 4 on either side of my large step except maybe to use as a bench, but that's totally not necessary, 4 each side is fine, I also have used 5 with the high step.

I only have three risers (well total of 6). When I do any of Cathe's Step dvds, I usually use two risers. I believe in one of her LIS DVDs, she says to increase the risers - I think it Athletic Training (not sure).

Hi Denny,

8 risers for me too.

I don't have a high step topper (I should purchase one), but I can't imagine doing step-ups on more than 5 or 6 risers :eek:. Unless you are practicing to climb Mount Everest or something...

Have a good one :)

Natasha

I have a total of 8 risers, plus a homemade high step topper.

Anybody remember when we used to make them out of a regular step, before they actually started manufacturing high step toppers?

Mine is homemade, and I think I've had it for maybe 10 years?

I really want the slanted risers ... on my wish list. ;)

I have 9 risers, plus the high step topper. I purchased the step and high step on two separate occasions. I use however many risers Cathe uses for high step exercises, but I don't think I've used more than 5 at a time. For step aerobics, I will use what Cathe uses unless I need to modify.

Happy Monday!

I have only 4 risers and no high step topper. I've been looking on ebay for over a year for a good deal on one but nobody is given theirs up. Eventually I will cave and just buy one. For now i use this for step ups, it's my kids Fisher Price booster seat. I know it's getto.

P1010001.jpg

Sarah

I have 14 risers. I obtained 8 with the purchases of the original step and high step. I salvaged the other 6 risers from a dumpster outside a fitness studio that went out of business.

The additional risers are handy for quick adjustments during circuit workouts when you switch heights for leg presses, bench work and aerobic combinations.

Cally

I have 14 risers. I obtained 8 with the purchases of the original step and high step. I salvaged the other 6 risers from a dumpster outside a fitness studio that went out of business.

Cally

Cally, I love this! Dumpster diving for step risers! What a great score! I would totally do this. :)

I have 8 (4 for each side) and 2 regular size steps. I use the cleaner one for my bench when I lift and the other one for step.

The other day I convinced my DH to do AT with me, so it was nice to have an additional step on hand.

I also have the slanted risers...although I don't feel like I use them as often as I wanted during STS. Hopefully they will be put to more use in Meso 3...that starts in a week!

12. I use six on each side of the full length step to use it as a bench. I have the square topper and the slanted risers, as well. I use between 10-12 risers plus the square riser to make a "chair" for when that's needed in workouts.

I have 8 (4 for each side) and 2 regular size steps. I use the cleaner one for my bench when I lift and the other one for step.

The other day I convinced my DH to do AT with me, so it was nice to have an additional step on hand.

I also have the slanted risers...although I don't feel like I use them as often as I wanted during STS. Hopefully they will be put to more use in Meso 3...that starts in a week!

oh yes u will use them in meso 3.....i am in meso three right now and wish i had the slanted risers, but i don't so i just work with what i have:)

i have 8 risers and a high step topper....but only use all of them as a bench....and i think in muscle endurance cathe uses 5 or 6 risers for step ups b/c i remember thinking is she crazy....lol......and cally i wish i could be so lucky as to find some risers in a dumpster.....hahahaha....i would so go dumpster diving for them.....lol

I have 27 risers, :eek: 2 sets of slanters, 2 toppers and 4 benches.

I go to the 2nd hand store all the time, and there they are. I couldn't stop myself. Once my DH was at a 2nd hand store and called me to see if I wanted any more, I had to tell him no. But then if the opportunity happens again, I will pick up a couple more. Just to make it an even number. LOL:eek:

When my hubby and I workout they are used and if family and friends visit us, they can join us in a Cathe workout. How fun is that?

We also purchased a little mobil home near the beach so half of the equipment will go there once we finish fixing up the place.

Janie:eek:

I have 8 risers (got 4 from my sister, since she didn't use hers). I use 4 on each side for box jumps. I also have the slanted risers and use them for bench work: One side is 5 risers high, the other end has the slanted risers + 2 risers in the STS-style setup. It puts the bench at a nice height and makes it easy to convert to incline.

And yes, my step is teal and my risers are purple.:eek: But at least my HS topper is grey.

I have 6 regular risers, a pair of the slanted risers and a high step topper. That's plenty for me to use for step work outs, use as bench or as a chair or anything in between really... :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.