Horizontal Conditioning

LizC7

Cathlete
Thank you to everyone who recommended these! I couldn't get through all of the reps on some of the exercises (and it was a low 8 rep count for some)! So hard and nice core, leg focus. What a burn! Kind of dreading tomorrow when this all kicks in :)

I just ordered some of these workouts...they're currently 25% off with the code LOVEHC. I got the code from the video fitness forum and it works.

I never would have considered buying these, but, once again, I've been enabled by Cathletes! Can't wait to try them!

I've been trying so hard to stay away from these! I know I have plenty of videos, but these sound so good. I'm trying so hard to be good! Lol

I love HC! I got Volume 1 a while ago and it was tough. I recently got the two shorter workouts and I'm adding them on to days when I do lower body floorwork. They are challenging but doable. I should have started off with these first. I, too, tried to not buy them, but they are such a good workout and so different that I think they were a good investment.

Eva

Thank you!

Trixoo - thank you for the code! I just got two more. I can't believe how sore I am today - especially my back but now my legs are kicking in. I would love to see Cathe put together something like this!

Been doing these for months and love them. They're toning up my arms too! After the first week I felt like I was wearing a corset. I only have volumes 2 and 3. With the code maybe I'll get 1&4. What web site is that for?

Been doing these for months and love them. They're toning up my arms too! After the first week I felt like I was wearing a corset. I only have volumes 2 and 3. With the code maybe I'll get 1&4. What web site is that for?

YES! Exactly, that's how I feel when I'm doing HC regularly! I just feel and looked so much more "pulled in" doing these! I just did July Hardcore on Tuesday and was just amazed at how creative Sandra is with her moves. I've done so many of these (I have all volumes1-4, bootcamp, and year 1 Hardcores and 101's), and yet she still managed to have some new moves in July that I hadn't seen yet. LOVE it!

ETA: I do want to remind folks that the production values in the hardcores and 101's are not great when compared to Cathe's polished style. They are DVD-R's and in the Hardcores she is basically taping one of her classes. The workouts are so tough and good though, that you won't notice as soon as you start sweating bullets! :p

Last edited:
Huh, that's weird...Sandra lists the June Hardcore equipment on the July one, too. That's actually not right. I had to run back and get my discs to check...July actually uses a step, gliders, weights and mat...and it ROCKS. :D Must've been a mistake on the site. The ball, bar, mat one is the June list and that was not a favorite of mine. Actually, that and December were ones I didn't love. Of course, the stability ball is my nemesis which probably means I need to do it more often! :eek: lol

Oh, and even though I already had these I just had to check and see what the total price would be if you got the bundle of hardcores and 101's with the 25% off coupon code and it would be $202.42 for 24 workouts, plus you get a free tank and free shipping with that. :) That breaks down to about $8.44 for each disc. Not bad! Better than the deal I got when I caved. :cool: lol

Oh, and even though I already had these I just had to check and see what the total price would be if you got the bundle of hardcores and 101's with the 25% off coupon code and it would be $202.42 for 24 workouts, plus you get a free tank and free shipping with that. :) That breaks down to about $8.44 for each disc. Not bad! Better than the deal I got when I caved. :cool: lol

Colleen, you may have answered my question already.....so....you CAN use the 25% off code with a bundle? I'm looking hard at the 6 DVD bundle with Getting Started, Vol. 1-4, and Bootcamp. $99 for the bundle without the code......

*clutches flaming credit card to chest*

It works! Not sure how long the code will be good for but 25% is a nice discount. Thanks for the enabling!

Last edited:
Colleen, you may have answered my question already.....so....you CAN use the 25% off code with a bundle? I'm looking hard at the 6 DVD bundle with Getting Started, Vol. 1-4, and Bootcamp. $99 for the bundle without the code......

*clutches flaming credit card to chest*

It works! Not sure how long the code will be good for but 25% is a nice discount. Thanks for the enabling!

I'm pretty sure that's the bundle I got! :). Great deal, huh? My credit card spontaneously combusted back during the clarisonic/wen discussion, but fortunately I had the number memorized. ;-)

For those who have these particular DVDs or some combination of them (getting started, vols 1-4 and bootcamp,) can you offer any help as to how to progress through them? I remember reading that bootcamp is killer, so that will sit on the shelf for a while. I will start with Getting Started because I've been so focused on cycling I've really neglected my core over the past few months. But after that, does it make sense to move to vol 1, master that, then move on to vol 2, etc? Or, once I get past Getting Started, are vols 1-4 petty much equally challenging albeit perhaps in different ways? Thanks for any advice!

I've been eyeing this one & this might be it! 25%off & my bday is coming up in a week. Sweet talking my husband to get it for me.

Ordering oddity

I either completely ordered the wrong thing or there may be a glitch in the system....

It is entirely possible that I messed up :eek: - I'm a little tired these days but....just in case, I thought I'd mention it here in case folks are ordering so they can check their confirmations.

I put in a contact form and hope that I'll hear back and that the order can be corrected before it's too late. Seems to me like she's doing it all herself so...that gives me hope.

On that note...I think I'll go to bed! Happy shopping everyone!

I would love to get started on this but not sure where to start. I've also one that has been somewhat neglecting my abs since starting insanity and focusing on cardio and weights. Can I skip the starter ones and go to volume 1, 2, 3, 4,? Help!

I would love to get started on this but not sure where to start. I've also one that has been somewhat neglecting my abs since starting insanity and focusing on cardio and weights. Can I skip the starter ones and go to volume 1, 2, 3, 4,? Help!

Hi Lulu,
I bought Vol.1 first a while ago and I recently decided to go back and order the two starter ones as a place to "restart". I got the getting started one, and getting rolling one. I usually jump in with both feet but I found that this workout was more challenging than any others I could remember. And I've been doing Cathe for years, can do all of her workouts in their entirety with no breaks. I can even do pushups on my toes, but HC kicked my BUTT. I was in shock. I thought I was in good shape and then I encountered HC. It was humbling.:eek:

I'm liking the shorter workouts that I bought because the other problem I was having with HC was where to fit it in to my rotation. The shorter ones allow me to fit them with some other lower body mat workouts that I am doing in a rotation now. I can also get through them, and although they are still difficult, they are doable. I will try to graduate back to Vol. 1 once I master these, but I was just struggling with Vol 1 so much I decided to take a step back.

This is just my journey, your mileage may vary.

Eva

Morning ladies!

lulu68, I never did get the starting "Getting" workouts, I just dived in with the volumes and bootcamp. They are very very tough at first, but I just modified and took pause button/rest breaks when I needed it at first. I was suprised at how quickly I progessed with these but I was very committed and did them 2-3 times a week for quite awhile. I would say Volume 1 and 2 are easier than 3 and 4 and the Bootcamp is SOOO tough! I still cannot get through that one without pausing in a few spots. :eek: Something about alternating between plyo work and then going horizontal is SO hard for me! :eek: Volume 4 is still challenging for me because of the stability ball...which now that I think about it I need to do that one again soon! I'm trying to force myself to do the stability ball ones more since I tend to dread those and favor the gliding and step workouts. ;)

I know a lot of people like their Getting workouts because of the shorter segments and use them as add ons. I just could never get over the lack of music in the clips. I like to use the 101's as add on to my cardio sometimes since those are just 30 minutes.

Incidentally, the fewer props Sandra uses, the harder the workout tends to be! :eek: Any workouts that say they use just the mat...look out!

Goodness, I would save so much money if I didn't hang out on this board or video fitness.:roll eyes:

I ordered volume 3 and 4 before Christmas and did each one twice, then XTrain arrived and I started on the 90 day rotation. I really enjoyed the workouts and want to do a Horizontal Conditioning rotation after I finish the Xtrain rotation. So yesterday DH ordered Boot Camp, volume 2 and Sandra's book (using the 25% off code) for my birthday.

What do you think of this rotation?

2 of either Volume 2, 3 and 4 each week
Sandra's Boot Camp
Cathe's TurboBarre
2 of Cathe's cardio workouts ( leaning towards HITT's, metabolic workouts)

I'm thinking of short, intense cardio combining with mostly body weight exercises for conditioning.

I have the set of 8 DVDs in the cart-still haven't hit purchase yet. I'm not going to get my bills paid off this way!!!! Lol

Goodness, I would save so much money if I didn't hang out on this board or video fitness.:roll eyes:

I ordered volume 3 and 4 before Christmas and did each one twice, then XTrain arrived and I started on the 90 day rotation. I really enjoyed the workouts and want to do a Horizontal Conditioning rotation after I finish the Xtrain rotation. So yesterday DH ordered Boot Camp, volume 2 and Sandra's book (using the 25% off code) for my birthday.

What do you think of this rotation?

2 of either Volume 2, 3 and 4 each week
Sandra's Boot Camp
Cathe's TurboBarre
2 of Cathe's cardio workouts ( leaning towards HITT's, metabolic workouts)

I'm thinking of short, intense cardio combining with mostly body weight exercises for conditioning.

That sounds like a great rotation! How long do you plan on doing it? I had to keep my HC's to two times a week because I tend to like other videos that also have plank and push up work in it, like for example Afterburn. Plus, I also like to do yoga sometimes and of course doing chaturanga/updog/down dog is pretty shoulder intensive, too. As long as the cardio you choose is mostly standing/upright you should be good! Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.