Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Holy SNOW!

This is a discussion on Holy SNOW! within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Just when we thought this year was going to be a dud like last year, HERE IT IS!! We have ...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Catheite
Sissy1983's Profile Fields

Default Holy SNOW!

Just when we thought this year was going to be a dud like last year, HERE IT IS!! We have about 2 feet in western MA! How about anywhere else??
Nanbo likes this.

~~~What doesn't kill you makes your Stronger~~~
Old 02-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Approx 11 inches of snow here in Southern Ontario, Canada!!!
Break out the sleds
Nanbo likes this.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:24 AM
Cathlete
CeciFifi's Profile Fields

My car got stuck in the snow twice yesterday while trying to get home from work. It took a lot of effort by many to get me out both times. It really was a snow day for many. My kids are loving it! Even my teen has been out 'playing' in the snow.
Nanbo likes this.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Cathlete
labnick's Profile Fields

An hour ago it was reported 28 inches in my area. And it's still coming. Fortunate that I still have power.
Nanbo likes this.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Cathlete

Nasty storm, just waiting for my power to go out . It just started snowing about 5 hours ago, can't see a thing already. The winds are fierce.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Cathlete
wonderwoman's Profile Fields

I'm out on rockland county NY and we have about 13 inches. Still have power thank goodness! Stay safe you all!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Cathlete
JT's Profile Fields

10" plus inches of new snow in West MI as of Friday morning. Dug out with power.
Those in New England, please be safe. If Jim Cantore is in your area, you know it's bad.
New appreciation for my trip to Dallas in 10 days.
Nanbo likes this.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:09 PM
soozies's Profile Fields

I'm in New Haven CT...we have 34" or so, with 4'+ in drifts in my driveway. My normally busy street is under a thick blanket.

It's 2pm now, it stopped snowing around 8 a.m. I haven't seen a plow yet; I understand most of them are stuck somewhere or if they can drive, they are cleaning major arteries and roads around the hospitals. All roads in the entire state are closed, no travel allowed at all, excepting emergency personnel & vehicles.

My husband is on the fire department here, and had to work the overnight last night. He said that the fire engines and trucks got stuck all over town. They would have to wait for Public Works payloaders to come assist them. Then he had to walk home from work this morning - streets not plowed yet! Poor DH is sleeping now, but I'm sure will be out sledding before night falls.

My son's 11th birthday is tomorrow - we were supposed to have his party tonight ... just a sleepover, but no one can get here! Even though he's playing in the snow, he's still a little sad.

We're all safe, we have electricity, and plenty of food to last a few days if needed.

Hope everyone else fares well. Stay safe! Clear any snow from outside vents to prevent CO buildup in your homes! If you live near a fire hydrant, help out your community by shoveling out around it.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Cathlete
ElaineP's Profile Fields

Same amount (~2ft) here central MA. I had to work this .morning. It made
for an interesting drive in at 6:00 Am

Elaine

"You've got to win in your mind before you win in your life." - John Addison
Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Cathlete
Nanbo's Profile Fields

I live in North Carolina. I dropped an ice cube on the floor earlier but thankfully still have power !

Seriously, I hope everyone up there is safe and bundled up! If we had snow like that down here it would paralyze the natives!

STS 3.5 Month Graduate! July 23, 2012