Help with my pull-up bar

Zozo

Cathlete
Hello everyone,
I have a pull-up bar at home that hooks over the door frame. I use it by hanging outside of my door, with the door open. When I'm at university, I want to be able to keep up with my pull ups. The problem is that I am not allowed to screw anything onto the walls/ceiling and I can't use the pull up bar I have at home, because I can't be hanging outside of my room! Does anyone have any suggestions as to a pull up bar that can be used with the door closed?
Thanks
Zoe

If you have the same kind of doorframe-mounted pull-up bar that I have, it only takes about 5 seconds to put up and take down... I use mine on the bathroom door, so I just put it up when I want to use it and then take it back down.

if yours is different, then this might help: Amazon.com: Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar: Sports & Outdoors (this is what I have)

I can't imagine something freestanding fitting in a dorm room particularly well, so if you can't attach anything to the walls, the doorway mounted type is probably your best option.

Thanks for the reply. I DO have that bar, but my problem is that the door has to be open to use it. That's no good for me when I'm at university. I have now found some handles that you attach over the door, with the door closed. it sounds perfect! However, I can't find anywhere that makes them that will ship them to the UK :( Anyone have any ideas?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.