Have you ever been in a "cat-fight"?

jdoll

Cathlete
Just thought it would be an ammusing topic! i personally have never been in a fight with another female, but i have had a few with guys...mostly my brothers and a few drunk groping idiots....no hair pulling ar claws or anything...what about you ladies???

jes:eek:

RE: Have you ever been in a

Nope, I'm a huge wuss with a bit of a fear of confrontation. Being in a cat fight is way beyond my comprehension. :D

Nope Jes....no cat fights here......being raised in the South....that just isn't accepted from a 'lady';-) Although I'm note really sure I ever 'fit' the mold:p

However, I did haul off and box the Sh** out of my son once. He was a senior in high school and giving us a terrible time.....you can use your imagination on that one:p .....So, I finally had enough and gave him a very pretty black eye}( Not very lady like....but it did work wonders:)

I hang my head in shame jes.............because I have been in more "cat" fights that I should have started! ............oops.......I mean....... been involved in.

Im telling ya! ever since I was five, people continue to RUB me up the wrong way. Its just like Haydees post.............."thats once.........thats twice...........PHOW!!

The trick is to "pretend" to count to three, but actually punch them out on two!
That way you have the advantage of walking away unharmed

Mostly girls, mostly at school (that real "snotty' Im better than you" crowd.........funny! they bleed the same..........and in a couple of bars when I think they've come on TOO strong with "my man"

I put my hand up for acting very "un ladylike" and you know the expression "I only take her to the same place twice!...........the 2nd time to apologise"?

THATS my DHs saying for me

Marion

You have to stay in shape. My grandmother started walking when she was 60. Today she is 97 and we don't know where the hell she is! - Ellen DeGeneres

That would be my topic!!!!:) I am a big wuss as well,the only person I tell off his my DH! I wish I could be bolder and ONE night I actually was!
PITCURE THIS!!!!
Four years ago,the year I got married.I went on my stag party(the party you have before you get married) I was dressed up in a AWFUL purple dress (80's dress) pink vail with beautiful pink flowers on my head.Had to see it.
We were bar hoping and I guess we went to a bar that was someone elses "territory".These girls were not happy that there were unfamilar females in their bar.
Anyway,DH's cousin was at the same bar and I flicked water at him.I missed him and got one of the ladies.She brought it to my attention (she was trying to pick a fight)and I apologized and went about my business.Hey, I was just out to have fun.
Long story short...she kept taunting me.And I eventually told her that she didn't want to mess with me.When I turned to walk away from her, she pushed me! I turned around and ran with my fist in the air.Punched her in the face,put her in a head lock and threw her on the floor.Then I jumped on top of her.While we were wrestling she had my hair in her hands (of course!),and all I thought about was my earring that I could see on the floor and the fact that I wanted to get it back.I think the pathetic headlock came from me and my brother wrestling when I was a kid.Came in use!:)
The fight lasted (from start to finish,for about 3 min) we left the bar in a hurry and my SIL was worried that she had gotten me in the face b/c I was getting married in a week.Cute bride with a black eye.She didn't touch me, she just used the pull on hair trick! Good thing I have lots.
I just started crying and saying that I didn't want to go to jail.It was the first and last fight I have ever been in so I thought people who hit people,get throw'in in jail,right? Anyway,she ruined my night.
I told DH what she looked like.Very skinny,yellow hair, black roots, you get the pitcure.Unfortunate for her, the hand that I hit her with had a big silver ring on it.About 2 weeks later, DH came out of a store and said, " I think the girl you hit is in that store b/c there is a lady in there,like you discribed and she has a purple lip"! So we sat in the parking lot and waited for her to come out and it was her.She must have gotten it good b/c she was still purple.
We live in a small town so I see her from time to time.She pretends as if she doesn't know me now, but I know she does.
Hopefully she learned not to pick on people if she was prepared to back herself up AND I think kickboxing does come in use.It wasn't a slap, it was a punch.
Now, my image is ruined...everyone thinks Im a punk!
Lori:)

GO! GO! Lori

Nothing wrong with a "punk" image girl! Keeps people on their toes

You and I would be "lethel" drunk........and in a bar together

Marion

You have to stay in shape. My grandmother started walking when she was 60. Today she is 97 and we don't know where the hell she is! - Ellen DeGeneres

I don't feel so bad thanks to Marion. I have been in 3 fights. Once when I was in second grade. We were playing a game called freedom and she bumped into me and didn't say she was sorry. I pushed her and she fell on the ground crying. Well that was that. Then I got in one in high school. This girl apparently was trying to steal my boyfriend. When I confronted her she started cursing ME out. Well, That was the end of that. I socked her right in the face!! Then I got in one with my friend's cousin. My mother is a licenced daycare provider and took care of her child. She stuck my mom out of 2 weeks worth of money. Anyway, we happened to all be at another friend's party and my DH started asking her why she didn't pay ..blah blah. She started yelling and cursing at him, so I went over to try and settle everything. She starting threatning me. I already had a few drinks in me mind you. I just started swinging. I couldn't help myself!! She got me to the point of shaking that I could not let her get the best of me. Since I have had kids I have learned to walk away when people get me so angry. I guess as I got older I realized it's just not worth it . Back then though}( !!

Aila

Not a cat fight, but more of a self defense situation. During my college years, a weired guy was bothering me on the bus, so I got off 3 stops early just to get a way from him. Well, he got off the bus and started to follow me home. I turned around and yelled in his face for him to leave me alone, when I turned to walk away, he grabbed my shoulder. Funny thing is, I had just learned a new kick in my martial arts class called "Star Plucker". Its a five point kick; knee, knee, groin, solar plexus, face. Well, to make a long story short, he walked away minus a few teeth and boy was my Sifu pissed with me that night. He told me I over did it. I told him I was just getting some practice in.:)

All jokes aside, my heart was pounding and I really did feel threatened. If I didn't know how to protect myself there is no telling what might have happened. I'm 37yrs old and I still study martial arts.;)

Well, I also am ashamed of these things but hey, they happened years ago. Just don't tell my kids or my friends. They think I am the most innocent person. (Uh, if they only knew.)

Middle school:
#1 This prissy girl and I hated each other and I loved to taunt her although she didn't back down much. I started beating her up after the bus dropped us off and her mom was right there waiting in her van. oops.

#2 My friend and I fought over a boy. Right in her driveway with her mom's approval (as long as there wasn't cussing). What kind of mother is she? Anyhow, we started cussing and her mom pulled us apart. The funny thing is, this gal and I are still friends. Don't know whatever happened to the guy. he he

#3 Got into a fight with my cousin. We were together every weekend. I guess we were around each other too much. Kinda like a sibling fight. It didn't last long though.

High School: Some large gal tried to get older girls to beat me up by telling them I said things that I didn't say. (She didn't know that my cousin was a senior...he he). Well, she did attack me one day and hurt my mouth (I had braces). When she found out my aunt and her friend (who were seniors in high school) were coming to have a "talk" with her, she immediately apologized to me. :)

College:
#1 Bar fight...basically the gal and her buddies (who were older than me and my friends) were following me around and trying to start something. Well, I hit her hand and her drink went into her face and I put her in a headlock, held her by the hair and pummeled her. We were exited through the kitchen by the bouncers. She and her friends were exited through another door. }(

#2 My cousin just had a baby. She was no longer with the father but we went to get a ring or some such thing from him. His current girlfriend was there and was being a total witch. Well, she and her friend got into their car and followed us to another friend's house. We both got out of the car and were arguing. She hated my cousin, but since my cousin just had a baby, she wasn't about to defend herself, so I had to defend her. (Mind you, this is in the snow and it was freezing out...but since I was a little tipsy, I was warm). We got into a fist fight. I ended up on the ground but was kicking her with my boots. She ended up walking away. I also lost one of my favorite earrings and I couldn't find it in the snow.

#3 Another girl and I liked the same guy. Basically, we had a car chase type scenario. I stopped and she came up to my window. Unfortunately, I was wearing a dress and didn't want to get into a fight in a dress. She grabbed my hair and I grabbed hers. We were stuck like that until the guy pulled us apart.

Wow, those days seem like so long ago. :7 When I think back on those things one word comes to mind. Immature!

Sometimes I would love to punch my Dh, but know better. }(

Shirley

Ah, i knew Marion would have a story, but i am shocked about Aila and Lori!!! good job ladies!!!!i used to get in fist fights and wrestling matches with my 3 younger bros all the time growing up! it's a wonder i have never broken anything and neither have they. we stayed pretty bruised up during our childhood. now that we are older, they just do what i tell them to do which is much easier. they had to learn the hard way......i also used to make them pay me if they wanted to come into my room for any reason.... i ought to be ashamed but i'm not! i have gotten into several nasty brawls with men though. my best friends and i keep threatening to mud wrestel just for fun, but one of them has implants and we are afraid they will rupture. she used to get in fights all the time ......very intertaining she can kick some major ass!

Good stories! thanks for sharing!

jes

Wow Jes,

I used to fight with my brother but I can't imagine having more than one brother. And you survived it.

Shirley

Yes 3 brothers shirlee! one is 20 months younger than me, one is 5 years younger and one is 8 years younger. i practically raise the last two, so they were pretty easy to maintian. it was the one closer to my age that i fought with.....good times!!!

jes

I come from Philly, so it's not too surprising to get in a fight at least once. I forgot about the fights with my sisters!! It was usually over stealing eachothers clothes. Those are stories in itself. My sister use to love throwing bottles of laundry detergent at me for some reason. I am lucky she never split my head open. She wasn't a fighter, so I guess this was her way of self defense. We are all best friends now though!

Aila:)

I have never fought a girl .but once I fought back with my X Anyway long story .But I Punched him in the nose ,I surprised myself .I ran Soooo fast after I did it . Anyways he got 2 black eyes from it .... He caught #### from his friends all week and They called me "Sugar Ray" for along time . His friends were all proud of me !!! He deserved it . LOL ps for you young ladies Sugar Ray was a famous Boxer}( }( }( }( }(

OMG!! I grew up in a household of three teenage girls and one phone. You bet we had some cat-fights!

Do you remeber that Verizon wireless commercial with the two sisters and the one cell phone, rolling around on the floor fighting over it? That was us, except with three girls, and a phone attached to the wall. My poor parents. :D :D

I was in one a few years back when I was hanging with the wrong kind of people. This nasty b-word backed me into a corner because I had offered to drive a male friend of mine home who was WAY too drunk to drive. She got jealous and got all "in-my-face". Well, she probably had a good 40 lbs. on me and I was trapped, so I didn't know what to do. I just tried to push her out of my way and she attacked. She grabbed a handful of my hair and ripped it out. I had a huge bald spot on the back of my head. Luckily I was able to sort-of hide it under my top layer of hair. That was when I realized I shouldn't be hanging out with the people that I was and turned my sights to much more positive influences. I severed all my "friendships".

The funny thing about it was that I had been having recurrent dreams that were interpretted to mean that I had to be careful of false friends. I didn't really put any stock into the interpretation, but I definitely found out that those friends were not true friends and I never spoke to them again. I can't remember the theme of the dream now, though....

Mary,
That's a good one. LOL!

Gayle,
I don't have any sisters so I can't relate. But my husband's sisters used to hit each other with the curling iron.

Shirley

I've gotten into a catfight with my sister a few times. I even gave her a bloody nose by accident. We're BEST friends though.

Another time when I was in my early teens, a friend of ours pushed me off the chair and I got real PO so I punched her right in the mouth because she pushed me so hard. She had braces at the time so you can imagine how much blood came out of her mouth.

Most of the time I fought with guys. Boys are so stupid. I remember a family friend's son who I grew up with used to TAUNT me ALL of the time. He must've been 300 pounds at the time. He made fun of EVERYTHING about me and one day I got SO tired of it I picked up a 30 pound rock (it was a big rock) and I threw it at him and it hit his foot. Another time was when I was 17 he taunted me like HELL again and he got a brand new truck (ugly one) I've had ENOUGH so I took a can of white spray paint and went to his truck and wrote LARDASS on his windowshield so people can see it when he drives down the road. Boy, he was so pissed but he left me alone since that day. A**hole.

There's a lot more. }(

I have 7 brothers and I'm the oldest I had a lot of practice boxing with the 3 born after me the last 4 I raised. I only wanted to hit another girl once about 6 years ago at work in my office, she made me so mad that I just saw red, if it wasn't for my best friend who also worked in the same office I would have lost my job.

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.