Hardcore Rotation Checkin for Wednesday Dec 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Firm 4 Cardio Sculpt (circuit workout). I made all of the low intensity aerobics higher intensity to make it a little harder. It was fun.

I was going to add on to the above hour workout, but I decided to do a little online Christmas Shopping for myself and ordered a few fitness DVDs. I hope I like them. I saw people talking about a couple instructors that are supposed to have "Cathe like" intensity, so I'm trying a cardio sculpt DVD by Pam Cosmi, one by Kelly Coffey, a sculpting one from Rebecca Small (Fitness Organica's website) and a Kickbox/Hi Intensity Aerobic Drill workout. I'm totally taking a chance on these, as I've never done any of their workouts before. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm having such a good time with my "variety" workouts, that I decided I'd add a few for the New Year!

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in from work later, but it's been REALLY busy and I'm scheduled to be off on Friday and Monday, so I've got to get some of next week's work started, as well.

Hello Everyone,
Today I am going to one of my SS dvds. Last night I did Firm it up, and I used my jolie weights for the last part (where they used ankle weights) Dallas I think you are really going to get alot of use of your wts with this series!! I am thinking I will use them the whole workout?? Terri, Diane Sue what do you think about wearing them during a whole SS workout?? I did not feel any knee strain (which I was concerned about)

Thanks again Diane Sue, and Dallas for the recommendation on these wts:7 It is a neat addition to my workout stuff:D I liked using these better than my ankle wts.

Lora you are the dvd QUEEN!! Did you order your platemates then?

Hey Dallas appreiate you forwarding!! You are such a doll!!

Susan I had big plans for the 30 days but............ I never really got into it:-( Isn't that a GREAT little book. I will be pulling it out next year :7

Sabrina I am thinking of you today,and know you are doing good!!

Marietta I need to get some wrapping done to, but first I have to go out and buy some more wrapping paper. I really need to get going on this!!

Diane Sue what a wonderful gift!! My mom made my dd a couple of those magic scarfs last year, and she just loves them!! My sister made all my kids those fleece blankets, and they use them ALL the time!!

Well gotta go!! Will check back later!!

~Nicole

Good Morning,

This morning I did PS Legs (using "real" weights this time), and then followed by Leaner Legs with a 15 lb. bb. Yowza!

Lora, keep us posted on the workouts you ordered. Do you set up rotations for yourself? or just pick and choose what you feel like doing each day? I get confused enough with all of Cathe's.

Ok you guys, I've got a question. When Cathe completes the Boxing DVD, IF a bag is required, are you going to purchase it? I think this would be one of her DVD's I'd pass on.

I'll check back later.

Susan C.M.
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://bd.lilypie.com/2BB3m5.png[/img][/link]

Morning Everyone!

No workout to report as of yet!:-( I stayed up way too late last night finishing up the wrapping. When I got done, I thought to myself, hmmm, I thought we were cutting back this year. :eek: :) I still plan to do LM as is or a new variation posted in that never-ending "Freestyle" thread. I have to wait until later because we have painters in the basement. Sometimes I'd like to wring my dh's neck. WHY, on earth are we doing this right now....right before Christmas! Oh well, at least it will be done.

Lora ~ I'm going to e-mail you. I was listening to these tapes last night and thought of you. I hope I have the right address. Yes, we want reviews. I'd like to hear about the kb DVD esp.

Nicole ~ Magic scarfs?! I need one of those. Does it magically clean, too? LOL! Seriously, is it hard to make. I'd like to try. Anyone have a link? For the fleece blanks, was it the ones where you tie all around the edges? I saw a BB box last night. I was tempted to open it and take a peek. Soon, I'll be joining you on SS and the 30 days book! I have to do the toys today though.

Sabrina ~ Is it your test today already?! Good luck! Let us know.

Terri ~ Are you ready for you big Christmas dinner? I went shopping last night. I'm cooking on Christmas Eve.

Hi to all who follow! I need to get more coffee!

Dallas

Susan ~ My dh bought a bag when he started karate. I would guess I still need to buy the gloves, but I'll wait to see what Cathe recommends. I can't wait to use it. When I took that kb class awhile back, punching that bag was an awesome feeling! }( A good way to get out any frustrations! :7

I can't wait!!!

Dallas

ETA: I got a question. How does/did Cathe get that awesome definition in her lats/obliques? (Not sure how to describe it.) You know that line that pops out when she's just standing there! LOL! I can see a smaller one on me, but only when I working certain exercises. Do you know what I mean? Is that core work? Back work? All the above? What can I do to focus on that?

Dallas, so you have a standing bag? Hmmm, for some reason I got in my head, we would need one you hang from a ceiling. I have vaulted ceiling and it just wouldn't work. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
I luckily got all my sons presents wrapped yesterday while he was at school.

Diane Sue, Yup, I have not gained any weight except for the "belly". My diet has not been very good either. I think subconsciously I've used the pregnancy as an excuse to allow myself treats. I'll get back on track after the baby is born though.

Sabrina, lots of luck on your test! Do you get the results today?

Marietta, WOW! Your workouts amaze me! IMAX1 AND Step Blast! And I thought my workout today was tough.

Susan C.M.
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://bd.lilypie.com/2BB3m5.png[/img][/link]

>Dallas, so you have a standing bag? Hmmm, for some reason I
>got in my head, we would need one you hang from a ceiling. I
>have vaulted ceiling and it just wouldn't work. I guess I'll
>have to wait and see.

Well, I didn't think about that! Hmmm.

>I think subconsciously I've used the pregnancy as an excuse to allow
>myself treats.

Can I use that excuse too? ha ha Sympathy eating, maybe?

>
>Marietta, WOW! Your workouts amaze me! IMAX1 AND Step Blast!
>And I thought my workout today was tough.

Yeah girl, you were working it over the weekend!! :7

Dallas

Gppd morning
I had a physical first thing this morning so didn't have time to complete my workout. I did the Rolling Hills Treadmill workout from what Marietta sent me adding enough to it to make 3.5 miles. Then I started Pyramid upper and only got through chest and back before I had to shower and leave. I will do something else later. I have not been very good at a rotation at all this month. To many interruptions and appointments. It looks like I am going to be scheduling others in the next weeks as well. Between the eye surgeon visits and periodontist and doctor, who wants to schedule my mammogram and a colonoscopy(sp). I think I want to put off the latter. It is just because of past cancer and familial cancers.

Susan I am definitely planning on getting the boxing dvd. A sporting goods store here had a stand that had a speed bag and a punching bag. DH wanted this too. I think it will be a great addition for crosstraining. Maybe target those muscles a little differently and for me keep me prevent boredom.

Nicole I used the shoe weights throughout both Shape it up and Tone it Up. I did switch to ankle weights on the floorwork. I found the 5# too heavy on one of the ab segments of Shape it up though. I think the main thing is not to lock out your knees on kicking moves which you should not do anyway. I would not use heavy weights for this either.

Hi to everyone else,
I will try and get back later.
Diane Sue

http://wd.1ww.us

I PASSED I PASSED I PASSED!!!!

I will have to see what you ladies are up to later! I just wanted to let you all know! Thank you for all your well wishes, they worked!!! :)

Love you guys!!

Congrats!!! Sabrina, what an accomplishment! Now, when do you start your new job?

Dallas, I'm really not sure what "line" you're refering to on Cathe. Lats and obliques are two different muscles. Here are pic. of her just standing. Can you try to point of where again? I have a feeling your asking about lats, but I'm not sure.
http://www.cathe.com/images/PHImage13.jpg

Susan C.M.

Hi Guys!!

Been in meetings most of the morning...just now getting a chance to checkin.

This morning I did IMAX 3 and then this afternoon I did the elliptical for 30 minutes followed by some chest work.

Lora - You are the workout queen!! I bow down to you...can't wait to hear your reviews on the new workouts you ordered.

Nicole - Girl...I've got the paper, just need the kids out of the house so I can do my thing.

Dallas - did you workout yet? It just might not happen with all you've got goin on...hope you get it in. You were asking about Cathe's definition and I'm with Susan...a little confused about what you're talking about. But if it's the abs your talking about, I would say that core work and cardio give her that lean and defined look.

Susan - I pre-ordered everything...I don't have a bag, but wouldn't mind having the standing one...who knows. Maybe that's something I can ask for on my next birthday or something.

Diane Sue - So what did you think of the workout?? I haven't done too well with rotations lately either. Just goin with the flow.

Sabrina - what can I say....CONGRATULATIONS!! I should have just said it a long time ago because I knew this would be the outcome...I'm very happy for you.

I think I can finish my shopping this evening...I just need to pick up a few things for my DH and I'll do that on the way home from work...then I'll be a happy camper!!

Talk to you guys later...

~Marietta
FITXME
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Hi Ladies,

Very busy but wanted to pop in and say hello! Also Sabrina WAY TO GO. Like Marietta I never doubted you! Do something fun and celebrate! I am off to workout and I will check back later!

Terri

Hey Sabrina I knew you could do it!!;) Way to go!!

Marietta I am with you I got the paper today. Now I will have to do it when they go to bed:)

Diane Sue I am going to wear those weights throughout the whole workout tonight. Thanks for the advice:D

Susan how did you get Cathe's picture posted on there? I was trying to do that with mine the other day, and I could not get it done?? I am not computer savy:+

~Nicole

Nicole,

I just checked my other email and Dallas had sent me your picture...YOU ARE A DOLL!! Thanks so much for doing that...Now I really feel like we're buddies!!

Hi Terri - Guess you didn't get back...I know you're busy so don't sweat it.

Dallas - You didn't make it back either...are you still wrapping??

Take care!! Have a great evening...

Hey Ladies,

I am back. I di mix it up and a run. I also just finished my christmas wrapping! You ladies better get busy! :) Anyway I will talk with you all tomorrow.

Terri

Hey Everyone!

Sabrina ~ WAY TO GO!!! What's next? Do you start working right away? I knew you would do it too. All that studying paid off.

Marietta ~ No, I never got a workout in and at this point I'm pretty tired. I had a curve ball thrown at me - I had to take my ds2 to the doctor. He has the start of a double ear infection. The pharmacy took forever! :-( I'm just glad he didn't wake up on Christmas morning with this. Maybe he'll feel better by Christmas. I hope! When I left there was dust everywhere from the painters. I was dreading that when I got home from the doctor, but dh had cleaned everything! He redeemed himself! LOL!

Nicole ~ Good luck wrapping tonight! I almost ran out of tape. Do you have enough?

Susan and Marietta ~ I guess it would be the muscle that runs down the side, but more towards the back. I'm thinking lats because in GS- Back she talks about the muscle (I think I'm talking about) in the first exercise. I'll see if I can find a picture from GS-Back. My core muscles have gotten some good definition from doing CM so much. I'd like that muscle I'm referring to to look more defined as well.

Yes, Susan how did you post that picture?

Terri ~ Yes! The wrapping is done! Now we can sit back and relax. Mmm, maybe not completely.

Hi Diane Sue.

Have a good night! I already have my pjs on. We're getting ready to watch a Christmas movie.

Dallas

Good evening
I came home from my appointment just in time to recieve an ftd from my dh. He sent me 12 roses,6 are pale green and 6 are red set with Christmas foilage. It is so pretty. This evening I finished the Pyramid upper body. I did some more crocheting fuzzy scrunchies for the girls.

Dallas, I am not sure what a magic scarf is. I saw them on the internet, they look like most of the bulky soft yarn ones I see . There are many good free, easy patterns at Lionbrand.com I hope your son gets better quick. Enjoy the Christmas movie

Sabrina, congratualations on passing. Now you can relax a little :)

Marietta, I liked the workout. Those hills really get the legs and glutes working.

Hi to everyone
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.