Guys...is this too much?

Reese777

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

(Or anyone...haha). I want to get back into my exercise routine this week - I've been hogging the junk food and hardly working out and I'm miserable - I havehaveHAVE to get out of this funk.

Anyhoo...I was thinking about really upping the cardio aspect of things - do you think it's too much to do a BBC cardio treadmill run in the morning, and then do say Butts and Guts in the evening? Think that is toooo much?

Thoughts please...anybody? :7

No, I have done two workouts in one day, until I started 4DS workouts which totally wipe me out for some reason.

I think if you eat healthier (you will need the energy) and take your rest days you should be okay, but listen to your body, everyone responds differently. You can overtrain doing this.

I do doubles about 5 times a week. I lift in the morning, and swim in the afternoon or some other cardio. I have been doing this for years. At first you need to monitor your fatigue level and maybe try it a couple times a week. If you feel too tired, make the next day a recovery/rest day. Build up to this, don't just slam yourself all of a sudden.

I do doubles a lot too since I run. But I like to do my cardio first thing & weights later.

Listen to your body & if you feel wiped out then rest up! ;-)

I don't think it's too much, but it might be ambitious if you have been in a workout funk lately. I would say it depends on how you feel. If you've got your gusto back, great! But if you're really nudging yourself here, you might want to ease back into things. The 4DS workouts -- with their approximate 30 min. length -- are ideal, IMO, for getting over the mental hump. You know you'll get a solid workout without putting in a marathon session. Overall, as others have said, listen to your body. :)

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

IA with other posters in that if you are just starting back with exercise, it MAY be over-ambitious to START things off this way but overall, no, I do not think it's too much at all.

Good for you recognizing your downhill trend and doing something about it! You'll feel great again in no time!:)

I agree that this might be to much to "get back into the groove" with. I'd take smaller steps, and if you feel like it, add more. Such lofty goals could just set you back that much more if you don't meet them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.