Going back to work after 18 years!

Katerchen

Cathlete
This year I applied for three part-time office jobs and I just got the news that I am hired for one of them! It pays $ 10 an hour, 19 hours a week with totally flexible working hours. I cannot believe that I found a job that will not interfere with my life!

There is hope out there for SAHMs with an extended gap in their resume; in my case, the gap spans 18 years, which is no joke.

This year I applied for three part-time office jobs and I just got the news that I am hired for one of them! It pays $ 10 an hour, 19 hours a week with totally flexible working hours. I cannot believe that I found a job that will not interfere with my life!

There is hope out there for SAHMs with an extended gap in their resume; in my case, the gap spans 18 years, which is no joke.

Congratulations to you Katerchen! I am in the same boat as you in that I got a job after TWENTY years as an SAHM! I just officially started last Friday, 2/3. The only difference is that I am working full-time because of the benefits. So far, it has been a definite change for me and my family. I have also had to get up at 5 am to do my workouts because there is NO WAY that I am not going to do them after working so hard to get where I am.

best wishes to you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.