Glad I'm not a Hollywood gal

pjlippert

Cathlete
Oh my gosh! Check out these photos of these Hollywood skeletons? So scary! Reese is one of the only healthy looking gals. Thank you Cathe for giving us a healthy famous person perspective! It must be really difficult for young girls these days to know what healthy really means.

2 Hot 2 Handle Photos | 2 Hot 2 Handle Pictures - Yahoo! omg!

The models back in "my day" (I'm 45) were not really this thin- they were a tad bit more realistic.

Pam

I was looking through pictures last week and noticed the "old" models (I'm 40) looked so much healthier than now! And Hollywood is brutal to an aging woman. Demi ... Heather ... no thanks.

One of the most beautiful woman in the world was Marilyn Monroe. She was I believe a size 8, overweight now for "Hollywood standards".

And that's the thing about sizes.... they are ever changing.

What was size 8 or 10 back then, is now much smaller.

I think Marilyn was beautiful, but that doesn't mean someone who is smaller than her isn't just as beautiful.

It always disturbs me when anybody is critisized for their size....either large or small. :(

And that's the thing about sizes.... they are ever changing.

What was size 8 or 10 back then, is now much smaller.

I think Marilyn was beautiful, but that doesn't mean someone who is smaller than her isn't just as beautiful.

It always disturbs me when anybody is critisized for their size....either large or small. :(

Yep, this is true. I've also read that sizes are not the same as they were even 30 years ago in the stores. What used to be a size 6 is now an 8. Everything is scaling up and up as the average median weight has increased. It's amazing how sizes differ even between different brands of clothing.

The women in those links were very trim but I wasn't disturbed by how they looked. I've seen many models that are much thinner than the celebs in the link.

Yep, this is true. I've also read that sizes are not the same as they were even 30 years ago in the stores. What used to be a size 6 is now an 8. Everything is scaling up and up as the average median weight has increased. It's amazing how sizes differ even between different brands of clothing.

Vanity sizing is all the rage these days. I am not at my goal weight, yet I can still squeeze into a small size at stores like the Gap or The Limited. It screws with your mind. On one hand it makes me feel good about myself that I can fit into a small size, but on the other hand it's ridiculous because I know I still have body fat to lose. It's not all about clothing size. It's a combination of what the scale says, clothing size, ... how much you jiggle, etc. :p:) I wish I were a guy. Then my waist and inseam size would be the same from one store to the next or one brand to the next! (which seems to be the case for my husband)

The women in those links were very trim but I wasn't disturbed by how they looked. I've seen many models that are much thinner than the celebs in the link.

I'm in total agreement with Joejack on this one.

Most of the ladies in this line up look great, lean, svelte, healthy, not scary-thin at all.

Angelina, on the other hand, is unnatural. Large boobs on a stick thin frame?

Michelle looks great, she has nicely rounded shoulders, no bones there at all. And Emma Watson fairly glows. She is the picture of health and youth and beauty.

Clare

I think those ladies in the pictures look great, every one of them, especially Emma Watson. Angelina does have some bony wrists on her, but as far as I can tell from this and other pictures, she has a healthy looking body overall. I can't think of any picture I've seen in which she's looked scary thin. She's always so elegant and poised. There's a difference, too, between being unhealthy thin and small-boned.

could just be an unflattering picture of Angelina, but she looks thinner than in her Tomb raider movie days. I always thought Milla Jovovich had a nice shape that looks all natural.

If you watch the older black and white movies from the '40's, the actresses are thin. They have tiny waists. I thought everyone looked great in those clips.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.