Gayle...great protien pancakes!!!!

andreasue

Cathlete
Thanks for this recipe (posted under the 'need egg-white recipes' thread). I didn't think I'd like them, but gave them a shot on Saturday. Can't believe how much I enjoyed them! I made 10 small pancakes, had 5 for breakfast (with blueberries) 2 for lunch (with natural PB) and 2 for snack. Where did the other 1 go?...My DH ate it - and he LIKED it!! That's the really amazing part!

I'll be making these every Saturday for a while. They kept me satisfied and happy all day:9

Andrea

p.s. your instructions were great too and I didn't use the Splenda either.

Andrea-I'm so glad you liked them!!! I always make a HUGE HUGE batch and freeze them. Also, my late DH used to eat these with sugar-free grape jelly! That's yummy too, for some added flavor!

ENJOY!

Gayle

Gayle, I tried your pancake recipe today and they were YUMMY!!! DD is a picky eater and it is hard getting protein into her, and I bet she'd eat these up in a heartbeat! I bought more cottage cheese today (we have tons of eggs for egg whites) and I think I will make a double batch today, for 4 servings worth.

I add cinnamon but when I made them they didnt have much flavor but still I thought they werent bad, something I could definately eat everyday. I am always looking for ways of adding protein.

>Trish K----make a QUADRUPLE batch like I do! LOL
>
>Gayle

Gayle,
Just wondering...Does the recipe work well by simply Quadrupling all ingredients or do you find you need to make any adjustments to make it work? I love your idea of freezing them and then just popping 'em in the toaster!

Andrea, I doubled the recipe tonight (which made 4 servings since her recipe is for 2 servings) and it worked just fine! I'm sure that you could quadruple it. I used a mixer in a bowl and found it didn't blend things up as well as the blender did earlier (DD happily ate my second serving of this afternoon's batch for dinner!) so I ended up having to put part of it at a time into the blender to really get things blended up. I need a bigger blender, I think...I just have the one that came with my Bullet several years ago.

Andrea-I have to do simgle batches, just 4 times, because my food processor isn't all that big. I do have a BIGGER one, but it's more of a hassle to dig it out of its box in the basement than it is to just use my smaller one 4 times! LOL Yes, lazy, I know!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.