Flushable cat litter. Do you use it?

BAM

Cathlete
I've been using World's Best Cat Litter which I do like because it's flushable and the litter box is in the bathroom so it works out great! World's Best is expensive and I'm trying to find a more economical brand. I've seen the Swheat Scoop on the shelves and it may be a bit more economical but I don't know how it works. Which one do you use and like?

Thanks!

Bam

Hi there BAM, how are you?

To answer your question, I use Dr. Elsey's. I've tried many, many others and always come back to it. Sometimes there are really great prices for it on Amazon. The shipping, if from Petco, only increases fractionally when I buy multiple bags.

http://www.amazon.com/Precious-Cat-...29WK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329681884&sr=8-1

We diligently scoop the box, which extends the life of the litter.

Here is a great video: The Litter Box From Your Cat's Point of View by Lisa A. Pierson, DVM :: Litter box management, types of cat litter, feline house soiling, inappropriate elimination

As a matter of fact, her whole discussion on cat boxes and litter and her own trial/error is interesting.

:D

Last edited:
BAM--- I use to use the swheat scoop but I has 2 cats in the house. And, I my opion it did not neutralize the odor. :(

I now use Purina Tidy Cats for multiple cats--insant action. It seems to keep all the odors down.:)

Hope this helps!!!:)

Hi Janis. Thanks for the links! That certainly is a great deal from Amazon but I'm still wanting to stick with flushable litter options. I used to use the scoopable kind until World's Best was offering a free bag and then I got hooked on flushing. It's addicting, lol! I'm doing o.k. Life is always full of adventures. How are you doing?

Missyt, thanks for the feedback on Swheat scoop. Since I only have one cat, it may be o.k. I think I will try it when I find it on sale and then compare the two.

Thanks again ladies!

Bam

My cats are both gone now, but I used Worlds Best religiously. I tried others (swheat scoop, feline pine) but always went back to WB. My cats didn't like the pine and the wheat tracked badly - I had little footprints all over my furniture. IMO, the Worlds Best is worth the extra money. It's also better for your cat - clay based litters are terrible for them.

WB. I sometimes buy something else to try but always go back to WB. I find that the wheat one stuck to the bottom of the box like cement. Yes WB is expensive but it lasts longer. I don't even flush it because we have a septic system.

BAM---If you are looking for the swheat scoop--- Target and Publix carry it in my town. Publix has it on sale all the time.

Hope this helps.

Bam-

I tried using WB, but my one cat eats it(!!!!!!!!!). I think he liked the corn. I switched to Natures Miracle and love it. First, neither cat eats it, very important. Second, it's made from corn cobs, so I feel less guilty that my cats are peeing on food while others starve (my personal issue, not criticism). Third, no dust plumes, which is what made me switch from clay. Fourth, like all NM products, great at controlling odor.

NM is available in the corn cob version and paper...tried the paper but didn't like it as much. It clumps and is supposed to be flushable, although I don't flush it.

Litter...the eternal question for cat owners...good luck!

Bam-

I tried using WB, but my one cat eats it(!!!!!!!!!). I think he liked the corn. I switched to Natures Miracle and love it. First, neither cat eats it, very important. Second, it's made from corn cobs, so I feel less guilty that my cats are peeing on food while others starve (my personal issue, not criticism). Third, no dust plumes, which is what made me switch from clay. Fourth, like all NM products, great at controlling odor.

NM is available in the corn cob version and paper...tried the paper but didn't like it as much. It clumps and is supposed to be flushable, although I don't flush it.

Litter...the eternal question for cat owners...good luck!

I tried WB as well, and the same thing, one of my cats put her head in the litter box like it was a giant food bowl and ate as fast as she could (loved the corn) that was the end of that!:eek:

Last edited:
lrusso said:
I tried WB as well, and the same thing, one of my cats put her head in the litter box like it was a giant food bowl and ate as fast as she could (loved the corn) that was the end of that!:eek:

Well that makes me feel so much better....I really thought I had the weirdest cat ever. :)

Thanks ladies! Missyt, I've been eyeing the Swheat scoop in Target looking for sales. No Publix where I live. Thank you.

O.K. ROTFLMAO to the ladies whose cats are eating the WB cat litter. I can't stop cracking up here. Gotta love our feline friends. They definitely have a mind of their own. I WISH my cat would eat her cat litter instead of rug remnants and crazy stuff she finds on the floor. She won't eat the food in her dish but will feast on rug. Go figure! :rolleyes:

Thanks, also, for letting me know about the tracking and cement features on SS. :)

Trixoo, I'm going to keep my eye open on sales for Nature's Miracle. Thank you.

Thanks again for all the great info!!!

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.