Eating for Life recipes

mckeev5

Cathlete
Has anyone ever tried the recipes in this book? I glancing at this book in the book store yesterday and some of them looked good but didn't know if they were actually any good or not. Thanks.

Hi Sabrina,

I LOVE this book. I just started the BFL program on August 29. One of my biggest problems is not eating enough. This book gives you so many options broken down by type of meal. (breakfast, lunch, etc.) I'm not really a "cook" but these recipes are so simple. And I love that it posts the pictures, too.

I took mine out of the library so I could test it out, but I think I'll be purchasing one. Definite thumbs up from me!

Christine

I think most of them are excellent, HOWEVER, many of the desserts seem to be higher in carbs than the normal ratios. For a breakdown of nutrients (it isn't in the book)

http://www.eatingforlife.com/recipes/nutrition.asp?t=ALL

I have just gotten back on track after awhile and have been using the book for new ideas. All the recipes I've tried have been great. Some of my favorites:

Turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Chunky beef stew
Ham and cheese egg casserole
Enchilada Chicken Soup with avocado
Cheesecake
All that Razz
Lettuce Cups

Colleen

WOW thanks, I was wondering about the nutritional values. I didn't know there was a website that had this information, I will have to check it out. I will have to make sure I look at the ones your suggested. I ended up going back to the store and buying the book over the weekend. I looked for it at the library and they didn't have it. Thanks again.:)

I love this book, and really do well when I follow the eating guidelines. I have the most trouble with eating so many times a day, lol! It is a really good, no-nonsense recipe book, especially for those who are trying to eat healthy in a household of grinches!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.