Ear Piercing Ooops!

lynda

Cathlete
I decided to take my 10-year old daughter to get her ears pierced last night. She's going to a Daddy/Daughter dance tonight, and I thought it would be a special time to do it.

Took her to our local Claire's store. The girl marked her ears, we all looked, agreed they were fine. Well, after piercing them, one looked significantly higher than the other. I don't know why or how. I asked her what we do now, and she told me that it can't be re-pierced unless we let it close, which takes about 2 weeks.

I just didn't have the heart to make my daughter take out her newly-pierced earring. What we decided to do it let her go to the dance with the both earrings in and then take the too-high one out tonight. We'll let it heal for the two weeks and then have it re-done.

I feel so badly that she has to wear only one earring for two weeks. She keeps saying it's okay, so why do I feel so upset about this? I know in the grand scheme of things it's really not a big deal. I just wonder how many people do this every day without a problem and I try to do something nice for a sweet little girl and it turns into an ordeal.

Arghh!

Sorry for venting,
lynda

That happened to me when I had my ears pierced when I was little! There was no measuring, in this case, though. One piercing was so low on my lobe that I ripped it out while taking off my t-shirt one night.
At the time, we figured we learned our lesson for going to Claire's.

The thing to do at the time was to have it done at the doctor's office...which we did after the Claire's piercing and it was fine.
To this day, I have 2 holes in one ear - both open, and one ear with a visible rip scar from the old earring and a real hole.

I'm sure you feel bad because it just didn't turn out right for your daughter and you wanted everything to be perfect.
But if she's not that phased by it, try not to beat yourself up too much, OK? ;)

Thanks for the support. Sorry to hear about your experience. I can't even begin to tell you how many of her friends and girls in the neighborhood have gone to Claire's and have not had any problem whatsoever! What are you gonna do. I hope this hole closes up okay. One of yours didn't?

lynda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.