? DVD & equipment-Kathryn or anyone?

khshill

Cathlete
Hello everyone-

I am getting ready to order some of Cathe's videos and am new to all of this so I have a couple of quick questions:

1) What is the "Viper" workout? I couldn't find it on her website.

2) Is Power Max the same thing as the Power Hour + Max. Inten. + Body Max DVD? Which one is Power Max?

3) There is only Step Fit in VHS on her website. Is there a comparable one I can purchase? Or is it on DVD somewhere else?

4) Where is the IMAX Xtreme? I couldn't find that either (only 2 and 3).

5) Super Sets-is that in the Body Blast Series?

6) I am buying the equipment I need for the DVD's as well. I saw the High Step but it is so small...what is it used for? I have seen the other regular step on the threads that I need (the larger one) and I forgot what it is called? What is tubing (are they bands or is that something different)? I am assuming I should buy a few different medicine balls at different weights?

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

Kristen

Viper and IMAX Extreme is on the Terminator dvd with two other workouts. all 3 are a compilation of intensity series

SUper sets is the body blast series on the same dvd as push/pull

power max and step fit are either on the cardio hits dvd or the classics dvd. they are older step workouts so it will be on one of these dvds. each dvd has 3 step workouts from her earlier days.

high step cathe uses for alot of leg work. if you want the bigger step is usually referred to as club steps on websites. http://www.fitness1st.com has steps,bands,tubes, and anything else you might be able to imagine with fitness equipment. and if you haven't used a medicine ball before start with a moderate weight like 5lbs them move up to 8lbs. cathe uses mostly for core workouts.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

no problem i am sure kathryn might have some other sites for fitness equipment but i always get fitness 1st catalog and i like the stuff they have and prices are not to bad. haven't ordered from there yet

kassia

Kassia-

Also, would you recommend Step Works,Step Blast, or Rhythmic Step over Power Max and Step Fit? Are they pretty similar or no?

It looks like the High Step and Club Step do basically the same thing. I know the Club Step can be used as a bench as well. Do I need both?

THanks!

I have them all and love them all! I do them all the time and rotate them. They never get stale. If you can, I'd get all of them. And also BodyMax has a good stepping section - you may want to get that one, too.
Just Do It! :)

The igh step and Club step don't do the same thing. The Club step is used for Cathe's step workouts. The high step is used for mostly leg work and in the High Step workouts. You can sub the Club step for some exercises in some workouts, but you can't sub the high step for the Club step in any of the regular step workouts. It's simply not long enough.

>Kassia-
>
>Also, would you recommend Step Works,Step Blast, or Rhythmic
>Step over Power Max and Step Fit? Are they pretty similar or
>no?
>
>It looks like the High Step and Club Step do basically the
>same thing. I know the Club Step can be used as a bench as
>well. Do I need both?
>
>THanks!
i have only done step blast and rhythimic step. step blast was hard for me to learn unfortunaltey i don't have that workout anymore curtisy of stupid vcr but i have rhythmic step on dvd and love it. i haven't done the other ones so you might want to check out the video clips. i believe they were not as tough choreography wise but that is all i know about 13 min. video clips.

kassia

It looks like you have most of your questions answered.
For equipment, you can try www.fwonline.com (they have good prices on the equipment they carry) a local Dick's sporting goods store, www.fitness1st.com for a Troy lite barbell set (I think that's the web site?), Play it Again Sports for 'gently used' equipment.

If you have a club step, you don't need a high step at first, since you can do cardio, and even step-ups, on the club step turned lenghtwise. But if you want to do higher step-ups and don't have another 12-14" platform on which to do it (a Firm Fanny lifter or Transfirmer, a Rubbermaid step stool or Rubbermaid toolbox/step stool combo), then the highs step topper is a good thing to have. The risers from the club step fit the high step, so you don't have to buy additional ones if you have a step with 4 risers (unless you want to go to 14", which means you'll need one more riser).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.