Daily check-in Saturday 1/29/2005

stayfit

Cathlete
Hi good morning everybody. I am the first. Today is Step Blast in my rotation. I am going to practise with step heaven. Today I am going to get the first stage without modifications . I love the music in this first stage.Yesterday I did it, with little modifications, and it is so fun. I wanted to repeat the 25 minutes of stage but I thought: You have done PUB and this first stage today,it is enough. Today I am going to repeat the stage untill I will get all the steps . I am going to see the film " the chorus " too. Have a great pre - Hardcore Saturday everybody.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

Hi-

Mariangeles-I got Christi's Fantastic 4 not too long ago. At first I felt like I had two left feet but I kept at it and now I am really enjoying her workouts! I feel like I get in some good cardio but I also am having fun too!

I have been pretty sick for the past few days so I am taking time off ... I'm getting antsy though! Hopefully I'll be better by the time I get my HardCore workouts!

Have a great day!

Cathy :)

Hi Cathy,I felt the same about the stage two of SH.The first time time I saw the stage I was thinking: the workout is awesome,see this workout is fantastic but to be honest can I do that? Now I am rewining lot of times but I start to catch the steps. I hope you will be OK soon. The Hardcore is near.Have a great weekend.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie.:)

Hi all,

I finally decided that I want to participate. I've been lurking for a long time. I've bought my first Cathe video in the late 80s and have been consistently using them since. I've always just followed my own rotation using Cathe's videos/DVDs, running and biking when the weather's good. Anyway, today I am doing CTX All Step,warm up and cardio, IMAX 2 premix, the blasts and recovery, without the warm up, and then Slow and Heavy biceps and triceps. I don't usually double up, but I feel cardio deprived when I use the Slow and Heavy series.

Tracy

Welcome Tracy!! I started with Cathe in the late 80's too. I also run, in fact I am training for a 50K now! I miss Cathe's step when I am running this much because I only use her weight workouts when I am training...Slow & Heavy is great I think. I like the legs the best.

Today I am doing PLB and maybe a long stretch after....

Enjoy the workouts ladies...:)...Carole

Good morning ladies!

Mariangles: como estas? como es su abuelo? mi esposo es mejor, pero ahora, estoy enferma. ?cuanto cuesta comprar los cuatro discos de Christie? Good workout amiga!!

Tracy: welcome aboard!!!! we love getting new posters! Very glad you joined us! sounds like quite a workout you have planned!

Carole: how the weather? can you run comfortably or is it miserable? i finally got my massage yesterday and it was nice.

i am contemplating trying KPC today. there is not alot of jumping if i modify and maybe i won't get as winded. this stupid chest congestion is kicking my butt!! i am taking Mucinex has anyone tried this?

hope you all enjoy your weekend!

jes

Jes, we have had rain but tomorrow looks clear for a long run! I don't mind running in the rain too much. Hope your massage was nice...:)..I am getting one in 2 weeks. I haven't tried Mucinex....only Airborne...let s know if it works and I hope you feel better soon....:)...Carole

Good Morning!

Mariangeles-Isn't it hard to STOP yourself from overdoing it in a work out sometimes? Your body says "go go go" and you brain has to jump in there and say "NO! You have done enough for today!!!" lol It's addicting!!!

Cathy-Hope you feel better soon!

Tracy-Welcome to the forum! You will love it here!

Carole-wow 50k! And I can't even run around the block! lol I am a horrible runner! ;(

Jes-Feel better soon! I have never used Mucinex but I was listening on the radio the other day to DJ's laughing that the commercial for it always comes on when they are trying to eat and it makes them sick! lol

Well last night I only did 30 mins on my Gazelle. I have been getting these strange pains in an even stranger place: at the top of my butt, for about a week now...at first they were not happening during exercise but now they have started to and they really friggin' hurt-it's like a cross between a regular pain and a cramp! I don't know what it is...if I pulled something or what but I had to cut my work out short last night and I think I have to (force myself to) take a couple days off and see if these pains go away. My DH yelled at me to stop working out before I really hurt myself and he is right. ;( Sometimes determination can backfire on a person. Stinks to coz I was due to start my CTX rotation today. Oh well, I guess it can wait a couple more days.

I am going out in a bit to do some BABY shopping!:+ :+ :+ My mom has offered to buy us his dresser and some other things so we are going to shop around to see what I can find that I like. Should be fun fun fun! :D

Have a great day, Ladies!!!
and
Have a great work out too!

~Wendy~

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

Hello everybody,

Cathy, hope you feel better soon.

Tracy, welcome and join the fun:)

Lisa, a physio is the Dutch abbreviation for physical therapist, sorry about that.

Annette, which other kickbox tape did you order?

Laurie Mac, how is your dad?

Today I did PUB first, then added a run. I had a 15K scheduled for today, but since I hadn't done any running all week, I decided to add in walk breaks instead of running it continuously. It was very very cold today. This never happened to me before but mid run I got so cold... I was wearing long running pants, a sleeveless sport top, a long sleeved fleece running shirt and a climafit running jacket and gloves (yes) and a cap. Usually I'm too warm, but today... I don't know, son no.1 was complaining too.

Anyways, don't know if it was the total lack of running all week, or the walk breaks, but I did run a very comfortable 10-miler:) Yeah, for me! Son no.1 decided at 15K enough was enough. And took a leisurely walk home. We ran a whole new route today, along a lake, through the biggest city park that my hometown has (about 3K in each direction), where we ran along all kinds of different "trails', doubling back, running little hillies, in general having a lot of fun. It wasn't until there was this temperature drop that we became aware, this was a very cold LONG run. It started snowing, yes, poor us. But it made for a whole new experience:)

Tonight is my big night, I'll let you ladies know how it went:) BTW when we were on the phone yesterday he invited me to the ballet on the 11th. Imagine that:D He hasn't even seen me yet...

I'm enjoying a hot chocolate milk right now, apparently that's good after your run and today, I really need it.

Have a great Saturday,

Dutchie:)

Good morning!

Had a poor sleep last night due to DD's illness. I was out of bed three times to help her between 2-3:30am. Oh well, that's the way it is. At least she's old enough to know how to puke in a bowl, rather than just spewing it everywhere. She seems to be a bit better this morning; I think her fever is under control.

I did BodyMax this morning, but modified it of course. I kept the step at 6 inches, and kept my overall effort-level at between 70-80%. I also took breaks between each of the upper body segments. Overall it was a very good workout, and gave me a good boost of energy.

Wendymin - I forgot to mention something else in my reply to your post yesterday: the other reason I can workout so consistently, despite being so tired, is because over the years I have learned that workouts, done at an appropriate level, give me more energy than if I'd had extra sleep. Sleeping in usually makes me feel crabby and sluggish; exercise rejuvinates me, and I know that the more tired I feel *before* the workout, the more energetic I'll feel afterwards. The main trick is to pick workouts that have easy, gentle warm ups, so my tired body has time to adjust. BodyMax has a terrific warm up; one of my favourites. That's a very odd pain you're experiencing. I hope a couple of days of rest will solve it! And have fun baby shopping!! Woohoo!!!!

Foodie Sue - nice to see you again! Thank heavens it's the weekend, hey??

Sandy - yes, you definitely need more sleep if you get up at 5:15am! :) If you get up that early for work, what time do you have to leave the house in the mornings? Must be pretty early! Yikes! I can see why you do your workouts in the evenings. It is so much harder to stay consistent with working out if it's scheduled for later in the day, IMO. Something always comes up. I like my 5:30am workout time because it's the one time of day that absolutely no one else wants anything to do with me. It's "my time", no guilt, no regrets, no feelings of stress about getting other things done.

Mariángeles - what do you like better: Still Steppin' or Step Heaven? I haven't previewed Step Heaven yet, but I like Still Steppin'!

Cathy - feel better soon! Those darn germ bugs........!

Tracy - Welcome!! Your workout sounds terrific! I'm going to write that one down in the mish-mosh section of my notebook. Enjoy!

Carole - what can I say? Enjoy your run! :)

Jes - I'm going to use my limited knowledge of French, my Dora the Explorer Spanish, and my knowledge of the context of your conversation to attempt to interpret your message to Mariángeles. Let me know how accurate I am, please:
"How are you? How is your grandmother? My husband is sick and in bed. How does <something?> compare to the danciness of Christie? Good workout, my friend!". How'd I do??

Wendybdh - you haven't posted yet today; I hope that's not a bad sign that you are still feeling so awful :-(

Dutchie - you haven't posted yet either. Did you even make it home from your date last night??? ;-) ;-)

Have a great day everyone!
Sandra

Dutchie - oops! I guess we were writing at the same time! I see that your date is tonight. Have a great time! What did you tell him about the ballet?

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi Sandra, I told him I'd love to see a ballet. But because of the way I said it (implying I wasn't interested in doing it myself), he burst out laughing. He's laughing a lot... He's either very cheerful, or very nervous :)

Dutchie

Sandra: LOL! you did ok. grandfather. i said my dh is better and now i am sick. nothing about danciness...i asked how much the 4-disc combo was. :D
sorry you were up all night and i hope dd feels better soon!

dutchie: can't wait to hear about your date!

Lauire Mac: how is your dad doing?

jes

Ciao tutti!

Today for me was The Gauntlet followed by an Ab Hits ab marathon. It felt so good to be able to do a nice, long workout. I FEEL FANTASTIC!

Thanks to all who recommended the CK/CM DVD - it is on my birthday list!

Enjoy all your workouts,

Tammy

Hi Dutchie, I just knew someone would ask, it is called Kickbox Underground - Guillermo Gomez, it only had 3 reviews but all were favorable and Cathe was even mentioned in the reviews as the reviewers had done Cathe and Billy and still liked this one. It is an intermediate tape and only 38 min. but for a quick cardio it is just perfect. The one reviewer said that the moves are slower and more intense and that you can really concentrate on the muscle being used and that you could up the intensity by putting more into the punches. I will try it out and let you know how I like it!!:D I got it off of Collagevideos so you could check it out there also.

Hope your date goes well tonight.:7 :D

Ok later than normal workout but considering I have been neglecting my Sat. workouts for a few weeks be happy I did something.

I did CTX 10-10-10 with abs and cooldown off of Power Circuit.:7

YEAH!! for me I did a workout on SAT.!!!!:7

Question that I might do on another post but I will try here for starters. Has anybody here started skipping cycles? I am almost 41 and so far haven't had a cycle in 50 days and I am NOT pregnant, my weight is climbing so I am wondering if it is all just hormonal.:+ :eek: My doctor is letting me skip but now I am wondering if that was a good thing. I keep thinking if I start then my weight would go back down some?!?!:eek:

Sometimes being female isn't any fun!;(

Hi, all:

Today was PLB for me, which I did without modification until the hellish stability ball section at the end, lol. I love when Cathe says, "Now, if this isn't challenging enough, feel free to put ankle weights on" :eek: :eek: But then I think there are probably a few of you here who do the whole thing with ankle weights on! :) Maybe I will someday, too.

Anyway, my butt is killing me so that feels great.

WendyMin, is that sciatic pain you are feeling? I have two kids; with my second, by month #7 I was leaping out of chairs in single bounds because it would just kick in and the pain was excruciating. Ick. I have a friend who would "pull out" my leg from behind and that would stop the pain. A chiropractor might help.

Hope the rest of you are having a great weekend.

Cheers,
Marie

Hi,

Sandra I hope DD get well soon. It so sad when kids are sick:(

Dutchie....Have Fun!!!

Annette....I'm 42 and haven't noticed any changes yet....

Carole...is that a marathon?

Welcome, Tracy, you will enjoy this forum....I'm now addicted. I exercise in the evening; but, usually post 'what I will be doing' during the day at work. The reason for this is because I am just too damn curious to see what everyone is up to and can't wait until the evening to hop on:D Plus someone always says something that makes me smile:)

Today is CTX upper and kickbox cardio

feeliHi all- hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekends!

So- I went to that "slumber party" on Friday night with about 30 co-workers (all women). We had the best time cackling and giggling like schoolgirls. We just laughed and laughed and boy did I need that night out!! I even made a few purchases (wink, wink)

Anyway, I didn't workout yesterday but I plan on doing cardio and weights tonight. I've also been planning my menu for the week. I am really feeling desperate to get control back over my eating and start to lose some of this weight! I think I'm goiing to follow the BFL program- it seems to work the best for me and give me the most energy. I just wish I had someone here to do it with.

jes- I have taken Mucinex and it does help but if you had the same URI that I had it takes forever to get rid of the congestion and cough.

Have a wonderful night everyone!

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.