Daily Check-In Monday, January 2nd

Tamster

Cathlete
Good morning fit chicks!

i think I got the date right today...DOH!!!:eek:

Today for me will be PS: B/B/Abs, CTX: 10-10-10 cardio and KM: LCD.

Hello to all that follow...have a great day!

Good Monday Morning Tammy and all who follow!

Do lots of you have off today? My DH is home today. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! :p ;) :7

Okay, so I ended up taking 2 days off! Not my plan! x( I also ate HORRIBLY! Double x(

I would attempt Cathe's Jan rotation but I'm liking freestyle so I'm going to stick with it a bit longer...I may just change up the way I am currently doing it....I'll have to see how I can tweek it. I'd like to try to squeeze a bit more cardio in there if I can.

Today will be cardio, legs and abs.

I am also intent on getting my hair cut. I am letting my super short style grow out but I need to do something with it in the mean time so I think I will go ask for a shag type style. I've been kinda wearing my hair that way anyway so if it gets cut that way it will look better.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday!:)

Good morning ladies...

Good workout Tammy....yes I think today is the 2nd...:+ :)

Wendy my DH is off too....he has been since friday....so have I....he is driving me crazy.... x( :D

Cathe's Jan rotation looks tough!!! I am really liking my modified P90X rotation so Core Synergistics today. Hoping to also do some Freestyle, a little stepping and some shoulders, bi's and tri's, but with my DH home that remains to be seen....

Have a great day...:)...Carole

Hi Tammy! Don't worry about the day.... It was just that it was 1/1!
I'm a project manager so for us it's all about dates! Funny I think I know every Monday date by heart!

Yes waiting for teenagers is not fun. My daughter drove over 2 hrs to pick up her college roommate for a party but at least they spent the night at the party. One of my resolutions is to worry less. A little worry is good if it spurs you to action, but after you have done all you can - it's just bad. Can you tell I'm having a big focus on this. I think the events of the past year plus have gotten me into this mode. My faith helps too.

Hi Wendy - Your recent pics were great. Sounds like the freestyle is great for you.

Carole - Sounds like a good workout.

No DH here - although my ex is driving out to see my DD before her semester in France (she leaves this weekend). Yep we have the day off too.

I don't think i'll do the Jan rotation. I'm going to stick with this

GS Leg
Kickbox (KM or KPC)
GS - Chest /Tricep
Imax - (imax 2 or Imax3)
GS - Back, Shoulder, Bicep
LM or CW
rest

Have a great day all

I've been good on my resolutions - started on 12/30
House - bought furniture - called home improvement
Worry less - worked hard on it 12/31
Job - worked on my resume for hrs yesterday

Not sure about today! My other one is be open to relationship - being home isn't a good day to focus on that one! so I'll circle back on one of the others

Morning everyone! Just chilling in my p.j.'s watching college game day...Kirk Herbstreit is dreamy....:9

I would like to do the January rotation but I've just done two fat lose rotations and I'm missing weight training. I made a CTX rotation for myself this month and adding in some leg toning. Today will be Power Circuit which I haven't done before. Actually, I've only done All Step and Meaner Legs from CTX....

Back to work tomorrow and 5 am workouts!!!!

Have a good day!

Jeanette

I was up and at 'em doing Bootcamp at 4:30 this morning!:eek: Man was that tough, especially when followed by the IMAX2 work! I like getting my workouts done early so I don't have to worry about it later. Unfortuanatly my dog has to wait for her walk! Mommy comes first from now on! I have been putting myself on the back burner, especially during the Holidays and I had a long talk with my hubby. He told me to be more selfish and start putting me first! So I shall! I am really looking forward to this January rotation!
Good luck and stay strong- Susan

Hello everyone!

Well, I started with my first Cathe video today (I got a lot of them for XMas) and boy was it hard! I am doing the 3 month rotation Cathe put out for Chapplin about a year ago when she asked to lose 20-30 pounds. Anyway, I was such a mess trying to get all the step moves down on Step Jam! I know that is one of the "easier" ones but I was so frustrated! I don't mean to complain, I really enjoyed the workout. I just need to study these before doing them so I am not just standing there during the workout confused out of my mind. Ha!

I am really excited about this rotation and hope I catch on to her moves quickly! I will be doing my workouts at 4am (ouch!) before my kids get up in the morning. Otherwise, there is no hope for me to squeeze it in!

Have a great day!

Kristen

Kristen, everyone is different in how they master Cathe's w/o's. Do what works for you. I can't preview. It does me no good. I learn by doing, not watching. I stumble around quite a bit and still do on some of her w/o's (RS comes to mind) but the more you do them, the better you will get. Don't get frustrated, just plow straight ahead. You'll be there in no time.

Thank is encouraging. I am the same way as you, I learn by doing. I wasn't sure if watching would help? Thank you Jane!

Kristen :)

Hi all, I did PS shoulders, triceps and select biceps and also abs then did the 8 min. taebo tape for a little cardio.

Have a great day on this very rainy day!!:7

There's so many check in threads, I don't know where to post. Doing the January rotation, did day 2 today as I started yesterday. Just finished Low Max and CTX kickbox cardio section. Kim

Hi Kim:

Welcome! This is a great check-in. I posted here by accident and have stayed! Hope you continue to post here!

Hi ladies,

Just completed PUB,PS triceps. Boy did my triceps start burning from the start! Had abs on the agenda today but I will put them off till tomorrow.

kim

Hi all.

Okay, I FINALLY finished my work out...Low Max (which combined legs and cardio for me) and ME abs with a 4# med ball. This is day one of a re-worked freestyle rotation. I haven't ACTUALLY re-worked it yet but I am off to do that now and it will begin with what I did today!:)

Have a great night folks!:+

Ha! Wendy I'm even later than you :(

I just did Imax2. Gosh I love that workout!

Have a great night. Until tomorrow.

Back to work :( Oh no!

hello ladies! this evening i did GS BBS and coremax#1.

i was going to do treadmill intervals, but my hamstrings are fried from yoga. Does this happen to anyone else????????

jes

Hey Jes...I have gotten sore hamstrings from yoga! Must be good for you...:)

I did an interesting freestlye workout this afternoon. I did S&H legs (30% lighter than I normally did). With Lowmax (step only) intervals 4-7 in between the S&H exercises like a circuit workout. I think I already feel my glutes... }( :D :) ...Carole

Hi everyone, and Happy New Year!

This morning I did SB (warm-up, combo 1&2 I couldn't finish 3 today since today was my first real workout in a week due to illness, family being home, and a little holiday laziness. :)) and also GS BBS, but I didn't do biceps. (I was interrupted by a phonecall that a former coworker's dad died today, so although I tried, I just couldn't bring myself to finish)

All in all, I stil feel pretty good about today. It feels much better than nothing which is what I did yesterday and three days last week while I was recovering from the flu and post party-hostess syndrome. (It might not be listed in the DSV, but it's real I tell ya!)

Carole, I can really relate to your post. As much as I loved being home with my family these past two weeks, it really impacted my workouts. I might have been a little eager to see them off this morning for selfish reasons -- it was so nice having the house to myself.

Robyn, I like your rotation. I've been following a similar one with good results. I'm kind of in limbo this week since I'm waiting for my new workouts. I think I'm going to stick with the GS + cardio until my P90X and TurboJams workouts arrive (eta 1/5/06).

I guess I'll tack biceps onto tomorrow's workout since it was going to be cardio and legs. Hmmm, I wonder if doing that will affect my Wednesday workout since Wednesday is GS CT?

Hi and welcome Kristen, I'm new here too. This is a very warm, welcoming, and informative board. I'm sure you'll get the moves. If I could learn some of them, anyone can! For me, a combination of previewing and doing the moves over and over helped me learn the moves I've conquered, but mostly it was just doing the moves and rewinding on the tricky parts. I'm still learning, but it's fun and it keeps it interesting. I haven't quite mastered that block move in the third combo of KPC, and let's not even discuss combo 3 of SB or any of IMAX 3 past interval 4. I guess we can learn the moves together. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.