Daily Check in Fri 4-7

luvtorun

Cathlete
Good morning fitness buddies....

Yesterday was only a 30 minute power walk for me. I had to change plans because of my long long day running errands and being away from the house all day.

I'm not sure if I'll try that Christi hi/lo today or run as I had planned for today. I'll add an abs workou and GS bi's and chest.

Have a good one!

Morning all!

Last night was Powerstrike II for me. Today is a 3 mile run (my first since I hurt my hip - wish me luck!) and GS BSB.

Happy Friday:)

Good Morning Fit Chicks and TGIF:7:7:7:7!!!!

Today for me will be LowMax and some ab work.

Jane: I bet your power walk rocked!

Judy: Enjoy your run and your stretch.

Phyllis: I hope your back feels better soon.

Shelley: Good luck on your run, I hope your hip cooperates.

Hello to all that follow...have a great day!

Good Morning Girls,

Jane, just ready your screenname and that will tell you what you will choose to do today. ;)

Judy, 6 mile run? Good for you! What's your longest run?

Phyllis, rest well! Isn't funny how we can hurt ourselves doing seemingly harmless things yet we'll work out like crazy and THAT won't injure us!? :7

Shelley, good luck! Hope the run goes well!:)

Well, today is a run at the gym. I might double up today and tomorrow's work outs and add in MuscleMax today as well so that I can either a)have both sat and sun off OR b)sneak in an extra cardio tomorrow!}(

Have a great day!:7

Good Morning Fit Friends,

I've already done GS chest and AbRipperX and will do some step. Right now I'm thinkings Stepworks, but that could change.

Wednesday our pet poodle and awesome friend of 13 1/2 years died. I came home from the dentist and he was obviously very sick. We rushed him to the vet but he died in the parking lot. We are all still in shock. He was a wonderful, loyal, very loving dog and I'll miss him every single day. I know there are a lot of dog lovers here and you probably understand.
Jane, thank you for all the support you've given me.

Phyllis, I hope you feel better and tell your son GOOD LUCK on that drivers test! My daughter turns 15 this month, so we'll be dealing with that before long....God Forbid!:eek:

TGIF Everyone!!

Daily Check-in

Today is my rest day, and I am enjoying it already. If I ever think about doing the Terminator workouts on consecutive days again, please knock some sense into me! ;) Cathe wore me out this week! I fell asleep right after work and woke up around 11:00 p.m. last night, did the third Segment of Total Body Stretching, updated my journal, took a warm bubble bath, and went back to sleep! After 3 weeks of my cardio and circuit training rotation, I am making some adjustments to my planned workouts for the rest of this 10-week rotation. I already had a lighter week planned for next week. I am also switching my workouts around so I do not do High Step Training and Boot Camp in the same week again. I am leaving the Viper alone for now. The weight work from Muscle Endurance wears me out. I had to be careful not to trip over my step yesterday morning because my legs were tired. Even the upper body work left me too fatigued to do the cardio with good form. It will be a good challenge for me someday. The Gauntlet is a keeper for sure. It is worth the price of the DVD by itself! Being the cardio lover that I am, I love IMAX Extreme too. I think I will skip the weight segments from Cardio and Weights next time and make it a pure cardio workout. The compound weight exercises add nothing to this workout in my opinion (though I love them in Cardio and Weights), and that would save a few minutes too. ;) My knees were crying a little bit yesterday morning too. I did too much step this week between Step, Jump, & Pump, Rhythmic Step, the Gauntlet, IMAX Extreme, and the Viper. I need kickboxing or floor aerobics in there one day to give my joints a break from stepping, so I am making that change too.

Phyllis, I hope you adjust to your shoes. I have never cared for higher cut shoes. Anything around my ankle bones drive me nuts. I am a Nike Shox girl personally. They fit my narrow fit beautifully and cushion the impact. I hope your back feels better soon.

Jane, I bought Still Jumpin’ last year and tried it once in December. I did not connect with Christi either even though I really wanted to like this workout. The music is fun. Her style of teaching is just not my cup of tea. I cannot follow her at all. Kari Anderson’s dance-oriented workouts are just as complex, but her choreography seems to flow better. I played with Still Jumpin’ earlier this year and still could not get it, but I am not ready to give it up yet. I am definitely not interested in trying any of her step workouts though. She has me whirling around in confusion on the floor! I love to pivot, spin, and twirl with Cathe and Kari, but there is something about Christi’s choreography that does not click with me. One of her background exercisers is distracting too. I hope you do better with it than I did.

Shannon, where do you live? I am in Tornado Alley too.

Laurie, did you enjoy Better Burn Better Buns? I love Strength in Movement and think that is the other one I might get eventually. Strength in Movement seems to be a favorite for most people. I do not want to be disappointed. I prefer Jen’s perkier personality over Tracie’s demeanor too, but I really love the whole concept of functional fitness. I am excited that Cathe is planning to add this to her new workouts. I am so ready for Cathe’s new workouts! I was thinking today how much I would love to have another Cardio and Weights.

Conni, how long did it take you to pick up on Christi’s choreography. I know that you like Kari as well. Did you find her harder to follow than Cathe and Kari? Did you get Classic Cardio yet?

Pamela, happy belated birthday! :) I hope you enjoyed your special day.

Carole, I love Strength in Movement and the way my body feels after that workout. It leaves me feeling stretched out, and it is fun too! Better Burn Better Buns is supposed to be good for runners because it focuses on the lower body. I do not have that one yet.

Shelley, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Melissa, welcome to the check-in!

Sandra, I think you are right about not doing all the Terminators in one week again. I was expecting IMAX Extreme to be easier than IMAX2 based on reviews I read. The Cardio and Weights segments should have made it feel less intense, but that was not my experience at all!

Caitlin, welcome to the check-in. I see that you are posting during the day now!

Annette, I am praying for your son and keeping you in my prayers too.

Tammy, Leaner Legs is my favorite lower body workout of all time.

Becky, I am so sorry about your poodle. :-( Losing a furry friend is hard. Hugs and prayers for you.

I need to get ready for work, so blessings to everyone else! Happy Friday! :7

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Hi all -

Today will be the Gauntlet! Can't wait!!!

Becky - I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. I know how much a person can care about pets, and it hurts to loose them.

Heather - I live in Arkansas. What about you?

Shelley - I hope your run goes well. Let us know how your hip does. My knees won't let me anymore, so I'm wishing you lots of luck that you've made a full recovery!

Hey everyone,

Hi Heather - I think Christi is the most complex ( other than Patrick, but he sacrifices intensity for complexity, imo..)choreographer out there. I just got Classic Cardio and have it set up for my Sunday workout, I can't wait! I should be receiving Push any day now from DDD. Christi is pure fun! I am an ex-dancer/actress so I really don't have too much trouble picking up her stuff, but I think once you get her style, you can pick up her moves sooo much easier.
You also may like Franny Bennedetto, who I think is a cross between Christi and Cathe. You can get her tapes at CIA.

Today was PUB - noodle arm city!
Saturday - Imax 3 and ab hits
Sunday - Classic Cardio and ab hits.

Have a great weekend, and a blessed Palm Sunday.

Good morning ladies

Have a good workout Jane

Have a great run with your friend Judy!!

Phyllis sorry about the back pull. I hate when I do those kind of things!! Hope your DS has a great B-Day!

Wendy...sounds like a killer workout today!

Tammy..Lowmax is a good leg burner

Becky...I am so sorry about your dog. I know all to well the feeling. Sending hugs your way http://www.geocities.com/shangrala_shangy/hugs2.gif[/img]

Heather...I thought it was you that had tried SIM. I'll be doing it next Tues...can't wait...I might have to get the Bun one..:)

Sandra...the 50K that I am planning on is run with 2 other distances. A 50 miler and a 15K. I have done the 15K in the past. I had registered for the 50K about 5 years ago, but a sciatic injury made me miss it..:(...I have changed my email so click on the link in my post as I donlt like posting the address...:)

Shelley...actually the last few days it has not rained, but I think more is one the way. It is driving me crazy!!! Good luck on your run.

I'll be doing PUB back, some core work and a 3 or 4 mile run

Have a great day...:)

Thanks so much everyone! I had a wonderful day yesterday.

Just a quick post because my daughter's honor roll breakfast is in 20 minutes, and I'm not dressed yet!

Yesterday was kind of a rest day. I did PLB and KPC stability ball segments, then I did the warm up and 1st two hi/lo segments of MIC. Somewhere during the middle of the the second segment I admitted to myself that my body was too sore to continue so I stopped. I Also I didn't like it much, but could just have been because I was drained. My last rest day was Wednesday of last week.

Anyway, today will probably be MIC and Coremax2 if I have time.

Annette, I hope your son's appointment goes well.

Susan, I love San Francisco! Did you have breakfast at Dotty's (sp?)? Isn't the bread amazing!

Phyllis, good luck to your son on his driving test. They grow up so fast don't they?!

Shelley, I hope your hip cooperates and you have a fabulous run.

Wendy, enjoy the gym today.

Becky, I'm so sorry about your loss. :(

Take care everyone,
Pamela

Good Morning All! Funny day for me today, Friday's are usually booked solid with a wait list but today the appointment book is empty (I'm not sure if it's a x( or a :7 !) We've got a new big comfy couch coming tomorrow so it gives me a chance to clear out the old and get the sunroom (it looks more like a black hole right now) cleared out so we can decide if we're keeping the old one or not.

I tried 2 of my new workouts yesterday. Mindy Mylrea's Interval Express was interesting, I thought Charlene Prickett was chatty but oh my! It's like Mindy's on a breathy stream of consiousness, I laughed a few times but couldn't help thinking 'with all this yappin' could you throw in some cues instead of telling us about your darn dog!' I didn't get all of the choreo down but I do enjoy the learning curve and did get a good workout. TLT's Better Burn Better Buns was next, I'm not sure if it's a better burn but it sure is a different burn, the DOMS is moderate but deep down this morning. I really like this workout, I have good balance so I enjoy balance work, the workout made a lot of sense and Tracy Long's cuing and pointers were great, I sweat more than I thought I would. I'm not sure what to do this morning something and then yoga, I'll check in later.

Jane, running errands all day can sure feel like a workout!

Judy, that long stretch is sure to feel delicious after your weights and run.

Phyliss, isn't it amazing that a simple thing like brushing teeth can getcha! Somedays it seems the back is spring loaded, take care of yourself.

Shelley, hope your run is a good one and that your hip doesn't give you grief, it's pretty cool here in Kingston, nice weather coming soon I hope.

Wendy have fun at the gym and whatever else you decide to get up to.

Tammy, now you've got me thinking LowMax, might fit perfectly today. Enjoy.

Becky, I'm so sorry about you dog, workouts really help to destress.

Heather, sounds like a well deserved rest day enjoy. I also received movement for endurance and will give that a go soon. Tracie's demeanor (sp?) is definitely reserved, it definitely gives the workout a different feel.

Shannon have *fun* }( with the gauntet it's a toughie. But so are we!:7

Carole, enjoy your workout, your workouts always sound so challenging I dare say (with ALL due respect:) ) that today looks like a light day, relatively speaking, for you.:)

Take Care
Laurie

>
>Carole, enjoy your workout, your workouts always sound so
>challenging I dare say (with ALL due respect:) ) that today
>looks like a light day, relatively speaking, for you.:)
>
>Take Care
>Laurie

I know....fridays are always an early work day for me so I have to cut it short!! I am thinkng I might have to get that TLT Bun workout....enjoy yoga...:)

I'm sorta new to this, but I'm liking these check ins!

Last night, I had planned on doing Powerstrike 1, but my TV died!!!! I had to use my DVD player in my laptop so no VCR tapes. I did Powerstrike 3 plus the blasts from Kick Max. Then I did Tone it up from the slim Series. Today, I will either do a 4 mile walk or Low Max.
Happy Friday!
Lorrie

Morning Ladies

Well yesterday was an unplanned rest day grrrr for some reason I've been feeling as if I've been sucked out of all my energy.

Today is S&H Legs seg. #1 of Coremax and some light cardio.

This week went by soooooo fast! I can't even believe Friday is here already wow!

I'm about ready to workout so I hope all have a wonderful weekend !

TGIF,

This morning, I hit my treadmill for a pleasant 45-minute jog. Then, did MIS lower body.

After I get off work tonight, I am going to do abs. I plan to increase from 300 cross cable crunches to 600; as Cathe would say ‘piece of cake right’, I will do them in 150 increments.

The Terminator DVD I am going to order soon. ! Have a great weekend all.

Teddygirl~

Mished a nice little mosh this morning. CMax hi/lo alternating with SJP hi/lo, took about 45 minutes. I finished with ME upperbody split/abs and stretch.

So much for my day off, I've got some p.m. appointments but all in all an easy day.

Enjoy your day all!:)

Take Care
Laurie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.