CRAZYSTEPR!!!! Allison!!!

SRP

Cathlete
Hey, Allison - I have a question for you! Could you pleeeeassse tell me how to do those darned heel digs in Tracey's Step Sweatfest? They don't look that hard, but my feet simply will not do them. It screws up the entire combo, and I come off on the wrong lead every time. :p

THANKS!!!

Oh, and I have NOT tried that crazy thing you do when you're fast-footing it over and around the bench when the rest of us are doing a knee repeater! :7

Hey Shannon!

Oh dear, oh dear. I'm terrible at trying to explain choreography. My feet just kind of do the move and my brain takes a back seat! Hmmmmmmmm.......Let me call Tracey and ask her how to describe the heel digs to you....I'll be back in a jif. :)

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Shannon-let me just make you feel better by telling you that I can't figure them out either! I mean.....NEVER can I do one without getting my feel all jumbled up! LOL I mean...they're inthe stinkin' WARM UP and I couldn't do them! LOL

Gayle

Oh I LOVE the heel digs!!! They make me feel all dancy! :D They're kind of like a ball-change move. Ball-change-heel, ball-change-heel... it really is hard to explain in writing! Maybe you could try putting your DVD player on slow motion so you can see exactly how she's moving her feet.

Oh, I understand that they're a ball change thing, but my feet don't! I have no idea why. Monday when I did it, I started working to develop an alternative move. I'm about ready to throw in the towel on this move... and I've never done that before!! x(

>>Ball-change-hell,
>
>This was my thought exactly -- LMAO!!
>

WOW, that was a Freudian slip!!! :7 :7 :7 I'm totally cracking up over here!

Ok, I can't get ahold of Tracey so here's my best shot:

Take your right foot and place your heel on the left corner of the step. Put your weight on the right heel. Then stomp with your left foot. Take your right foot and step back onto the ground and at the same time place your left heel on the right corner of your step. Put your weight into the left heel. Stomp with your right foot and bring your left foot back to the floor. Rinse and repeat. :)

Try and get this part down before you add on the sweep around the end of the step. Once you add the sweep, it's so fun! Just be sure to put your weight on the HEEL THAT'S ON THE STEP. That's what helps you propel from one foot to the next (or in the "sweep" it helps propel you around the end of the step).

I hope this helps. Let me know if you're confused or need more explanation. :)

Allison

Allison showed me how to do the 'fast-footing around the bench' move on a towel! Remember that, Allie??

Don't give up on the heel digs. If I can do it - anyone can!

>Allison showed me how to do the 'fast-footing around the
>bench' move on a towel! Remember that, Allie??
>
>Don't give up on the heel digs. If I can do it - anyone can!

Hey Jilly! I remember that! We were in the fitness room in the hotel and all we had to use as a "step" was a towel!! :)

Don't give up, Shannon. You'll get it, I promise!!!

Allison

>Hey, Allison - I have a question for you! Could you
>pleeeeassse tell me how to do those darned heel digs in
>Tracey's Step Sweatfest? They don't look that hard, but my
>feet simply will not do them. It screws up the entire combo,
>and I come off on the wrong lead every time. :p
>
>THANKS!!!
>
>Oh, and I have NOT tried that crazy thing you do when you're
>fast-footing it over and around the bench when the rest of us
>are doing a knee repeater! :7

"NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER"-- King Leonidas

"NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER".... Basically what i'm tryin to say is don't give up. You'll get it eventually. Just keep tryin. The more you try it, the easier it will become and you'll feel silly for thinkin you couldn't do it in the first place. Know what i mean?;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.