Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Cord to hook Iphone to tv?

This is a discussion on Cord to hook Iphone to tv? within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I'm almost at the point where I'm ready to hit that order button for the downloads...just one more thing. Since ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Catheite

Default Cord to hook Iphone to tv?

I'm almost at the point where I'm ready to hit that order button for the downloads...just one more thing. Since we can't make a DVD of a download, I've heard we can hook our IPhones/IPods to the tv. What kind of cord do I need and how do I know if I have that connection on my tv? I hope the question makes sense. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Administrator

To connect an iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your television you need to determine on the back of your television if it has a composite or component video connection (no other types of connections are currently supported):
  • If your TV has a composite connection, there will be one yellow video jack, and red and white audio jacks. You will then need to buy this cable to connect your device to the TV (you can purchase this online at Apple, at an Apple store, and some third party retailers such as Best Buy sometimes stock it): Apple Composite AV Cable - Apple Store (U.S.)
  • If your TV has a component video connection, there will be red, green, and blue video jacks, and red and white audio jacks. You will then need to buy this cable to connect your device to the TV (again, you can purchase this online at Apple, at an Apple store, and some third party retailers such as Best Buy sometimes stock it): Apple Component AV Cable - Apple Store (U.S.)

However, if you have an iPhone 4S or iPad 2, you can also use an HDMI connector for your television if it supports that type of connection (again, you will have to check the back of the TV to see if it has any ports labeled "HDMI"). You can purchase this through Apple, also: Apple Digital AV Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)
Please note that this cable DOES NOT come with an HDMI cable, which you will have to purchase separately. They come in different lengths which you can chose from, but can be costly.

You can also use an AppleTV2 to send video wirelessly from many iPhones, iPads, and iPods, but not all. This is an excellent solution and works very well, but the setup and configuration is beyond what we can discuss here. Here is a link to Apple's site for information: Apple TV - Watch HD Movies, TV Shows & More from iTunes & Netflix - Apple Store (U.S.)

Hope this helps!

C A T H E D O T C O M
626 Delsea Drive North
Glassboro, NJ 08028

cwkapus@cathe.com
Old 10-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Catheite

Thank you so much for the help!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Cathlete
Zbridget's Profile Fields

I use the cord thing to connect my iPhone to the TV to do my workouts, and it works ok, it is difficult to fast forward, pause, see how much time is left in the workout-etc... but I have been eyeing the AppleTv as an alternative easier solution. Curtis, thanks for the affirmation- perhaps Santa will put one under the tree for me this Christmas...
Old 10-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Catheite

If you go the HDMI route and need a cable, look for it on Amazon. I bought the one that is quite inexpensive and it works just fine. You can spend less than $5 for this item. The cable from Apple you need is $39, but all in all you can get set up for less than $50.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Catheite

Thanks guys! Don't know how I missed this yesterday! I'm hoping my husband can help me figure this out!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:54 PM
hula_girl's Profile Fields

They do make a cord that has both hdmi and the composite(or whichever has three colored plugs). I have hjis for my iPod and it works great