Competition Bound...

cinza

Are you really going for competition?
what are you going after?
how is it going?
Have you chatted with kimroberts? She has done several competitions and is very interesting .... she did it with a fracture in her spine too...

Hi Cinza!! My goal is to enter a competition. I really want to enter Fitness America, however, I have NO gymnastics background!! Only dance. This is a big minus for me. There's a new one out called Figure. It's like Fitness America, only no mandatory routine. This sounds good to me! I think my boss would like to see me enter a bodybuilding competition, she's a bodybuilder, and I might, but right now that's not what I'm looking into.
I'm going for my Personal Trainer's certification in Sept. I want to get that under my belt first and learn as much as I can. My hardest part is getting my bodyfat so low. Plus having a three baby pooch doesn't help. It'll happen though, I am being patient with myself and my progress.
Oh, I almost forgot! I haven't talked to Kim Roberts. That's amazing that she did that with a spinal fracture!! Talk about courage! Do you talk with her?? Are you into competing too?? If so, what you going for!! I love to talk to people who are interested in this also:)!

Aimee

nah! i am not competing..
its something i bet i could have really done once upon a time....

body fat is tricky.
on the side of vanity..
if i lost any more fat i wouldnt have any breasts... I would have just flaps of skin that i would have to float in the tub to make breasts!
and my face would look alot older...

fat, estrogen and bone density are related....i dont want to mess around with going too low for future health reasons ...

but do talk to kimroberts.... she has tons of things to say...
and has worked with alot of trainers (i think)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-01 AT 02:00PM (Est)[/font][p]Speaking of breasts, that's where I'm at now!! I went from a 38C to a 34 barely A. This is not an attractive look:-(! My boss loves it. She says that is one way to tell if your bodyfat is low. Hmmmmm...... Anyway, I will talk to Kim. Thanks for telling me about her!

Aimee

yupp... thats the deal....and so many fitness models do implants......which makes it harder to be happy about no boobs when suddenly all these no fat people have impressive chests....

karen voight would be an example....from her videos i think maybe she did it twice... at least once.

Oh wow!! I said the same thing!! You look at Energy Sprint and she's only got a little. Streamline, she's bigger. And with these pilates videos she seems bigger still! I thought maybe it was just the way her workout clothes fit her. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so. I'll tell ya', Boob Envy is a hard thing to overcome. I'm definately not there yet. I know in my heart that if I had the money, I'd be on the gurney before you could say round or tear drop? He he he!

Aimee

really? you would jump?
have you checked it out or seen friends with enhancements?
I see a number at the gym that i can tell are not natural...and some that i dont think are...
mixed results....

Ladies, I would pay YOU to take my breasts! They're nothing but a complete pain in the butt & a real hassle! ;-)
Ruth

Ruth :)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-01 AT 03:45AM (Est)[/font][p]Ruth, how generous of you!!

But i do believe you... I know people with reductions also...

Cheez, if that's the case, my bodyfat would be at 4%! I'm so small in the boob department that I can't wear regular bras......my back is so broad that I have to wear sports bras all the time 'cause it's hard to find 38A's! This is more than a lot of you wanted to know, so I'll shut up now;-) However, Playtex makes "Thank Goodnes It Fits" which DO fit.

HA HA HA HA HA!!! I'm loving this thread! Yeah, Cinza I would do it! Ruth, although I don't quite know what you're going through, I can empathize. My sis-in-law is in the 40's with a D cup. HB, I only wear sport bras too! I have a couple of the thanks goodness it fits bra, and I reserve those for when I dress up and go out. You know, those time when a sports bra and a strappy dress, just don't seem to go very well together;-)!

Aimee

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-01 AT 10:44AM (Est)[/font][p]oopps posted twice

don't do it!

Aimmee--
Just want to share with you the story of one of the mom's of a child in my class. She went ahead and got implants several years ago (I don't know which kind, but she was assured they were the safe ones), and they leaked into her body. She has had them removed, but her immune system has been so badly affected that if she catches a cold she will probably die. She journals everyday for her two children that she will be leaving behind, and tells her daughter (and son) every day how beautiful she is THE WAY SHE IS. Her husband has assured her that he will tell her daughter how her mom died when the daughter is older, so that her daughter will never make the same mistake. I just want to cry for that family! How sad.
Not a lecture, just a different perspective...
Wendy

RE: don't do it!

thank you Wendy.....
Its hard to get priorities straight when stories like this dont get on the front pages..

Oh my goodness!! That is so sad! And so scary!! Taht makes my heart break for that family. Actually, to answer an earlier question, my hubby wants me to try the pills. I keep telling him they're a gimmick, but he wants me to try them anyway. I haven't. You know, that story, makes me think twice about doing that. In the end, it won't matter what size breast any of us had.

Aimee

What pills?
How about posting a question on them and seeing who says what about them..

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-01 AT 09:31PM (Est)[/font][p]What a terrible horrible thing to happen to that poor lady & her family. I will certainly say a prayer for them.
For those of us who would kill for a reduction - it is extremely expensive, much more so than implants, & comes with considerable scarring most of the time.
However, the stories I have read say that of the women who have had it done, virtually none regretted it.
I would do it, scars or no scars.
Unfortunately, I have to think of 2 lovely young women, both in their early 30's & with young children who are battling breast cancer as we speak. They are both friends of mine - what are the odds?? Apparently there is an upsurge in women of that age. Why?? Melissa is about to undergo her THIRD surgery since January (they keep finding more), & Debbie is probably going to die.
So it's hard to be TOO upset about never being able to go without a bra.
What pills??
Ruth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.