The Christmas Zit

sparrow

Cathlete
Well, it's arrived. x( Big enough to have its own zipcode. :D I have clear skin 99 percent of the year but it seems always at Xmas a big one jumps up. I think it has to do with a change in eating patterns. I know dermatologists pooh-pooh the junk food/bad skin connection but I will never believe it doesn't have some impact!!

Ah well. At least it's red and fits with the season!

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

well THANKS for sharing!! seriously, your thread title cracked me up! i hope it goes away soon. put some asprin paste on it. Marla taught me that one:)

jes:+

Yeah, I can jump on that bandwagon. I am usually zit clear except for maybe one little one around that time of the month. And now I have three on my chin. I guess it is from stress from this time of the year. But now I have these three zits that Santa won't be able to miss.

Toni

I've never believed the whole "chocolate causes acne" theory, but in my case, it does. I have a sensitivity to chocolate. If I eat too much of it, I get "boils" and blisters in my mouth.

So, being that it is the season of chocolate, you and I "match" this Christmas, if you know what I mean. :+

Sparrow, I have three on my forehead right now. If they could only blink, they'd match the season... and the lights all over my neighborhood. Cheers!:) :+ :p

Pinky

Awww, Jes! I feel so appreciated!!! Yes, the anti-inflammatory properties of aspirin are supposed to reduce the inflammation.

Sparrow, when I get pimples, I know I need to stop & evaluate things, because I'm either under stress but still not recognizing, or I am due for another Depo-Provera shot. No other times do I break out.

I was blessed with good skin too (thanks Mom!), but every 6 months or so I'll get a little one. Well, I had one a couple of weeks ago. A friend of mine at work is color blind. I mentioned to her how I kept wanting to hide it and she said she didn't even notice it and thought it was a little beauty mark. I said, "Well you're color blind. It's RED!!!" She really thought it was a little brown spot. Gotta love her!

Susan

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

You are too funny! I usually have clear skin, but recently I was sporting a large, red zit dead center on the end of my nose! :eek: NO RUDOLPH JOKES!--thank you very much.

Michele

i have a big enflamed one on one side of my chin. thinking maybe just color a green one on the other side LOL. its gotta be the food and stress.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Blame stress. I bet it's the culprit. I always thought zits would be a thing of the past with menopause too. Naa aagghhh. Got a big one over my left eye. Fortunatly, the bangs and eyebrows just about hide it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.