Choc. Cravings at 3:00 p.m. anyone else??

LuvCardio

Cathlete
Just wondering if anyone gets that afternoon approx. 3:00 p.m. chocolate, overwhelming.... "gotta get me some now" chocolate craving??? It happens to me every single day! Every day at work when I get that craving I look down at it is usually almost 3:00 p.m. on the nose!

However, I got to the end of the day today and realized I never had my hershey choclate kiss fix!!!!!!!!!!! Miracle!!!!!!! I think it is maybe because I have been eating a ton of fruit, less carbs and more protein! Maybe it is the fiber that is helping curve the cravings?

Just wondering if any of you have the same routine cravings and if so when are they?

p.s. I also get them late at night sometimes but have finally weaned myself away from the late night Lucky Charms bowl:)

-Pammer http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport001.gif If Only I Can Be 1/2 the Woman my Dog Thinks I am!

I don't have any exactly at 3:00 but it is always when I finish my meals.I am awful for anything with sugar in it.I can never even make it through an entire day.Prehaps I should try what your doing.
I have been getting the muchies for the last two nights.I want some chips or chessies.I didn't give into it.I am trying not to eat after Dinner.I find that I can eat pretty much whatever I want in the day but if I can manage to go to bed hungry then it cancells out everything.
Lori

Oh yes... It always hits me about 3PM too.

The guy who sits across from me at work has a fiancee from Switzerland. He actually would remind me that it was 3P so I could have a piece of Lindt chocolate.

I finally had to ask him to stop offering it to me because I have no willpower.

Funny thing is that I've only started craving chocolate in the past few years... its a bad thing. Now I have my fat free Swiss Miss and that seems to do the trick.

~~ Sharon ~~

3:00 pm is when I have my second "lunch." I finish off the last half of my salad I started at noon. This will get me through dinner.

I years ago knew I had to be prepared to eat mid-afternoon, or my energy level went in the toilet.

Just Do It! :)

My afternoon craving is a coffee cooler (w/1% milk)I have one prob.at least 4-5 days a week.They are soooo good!

Glad I'm not the only one! I try to cut off the craving at the pass by grabbing an apple or banana first (about 2:45p or so). This usually helps get my mind off it. If I'm busy and forget to eat then BAM! that chocolate guy starts talking. I try not to keep too much in the house though. My hubby has to have a lil' bit of chocolate after dinner every night. He finishes and heads straight to the pantry! I keep it up on the top shelf where I can't reach but he can. :) Susan

Depending on when you ate lunch, it's probably good to eat something at about 3:00. If I crave something sweet, I usually have an apple with peanut butter, if not soy cheese on a rosemary cracker.I find that if I eat sugary foods, I just crave more...so I do try to avoid them and replace them with fruit.

After dinner, I always brush my teeth. I just turned it into a habit to signal that I'm done eating for the day. Somehow, this works.

Hey - I am right with you ! I have horrible cravings for chocolate in the afternoon.
Today I had an apple and tried but I gave in and had some choco chips!
If only there was a cure!!

Cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.