Checkin 9-1-01

Steppingup

Cathlete
I guess I will start us off this week. I hope everyone is doing well...no injuries, no illnesses, no stress (yeah right). Well, I can hope can't I? Anyway, my week went pretty well even with an extra day of rest that I thought I needed. I am loving Power Hour but the squats and lunges are killing me.

MONDAY: Still Jumpin' (1st section) AND Breakthru Pilates

TUESDAY: Unplanned rest. I felt my body was telling to rest so I took it's advice.

WEDNESDAY: Step This Way up to where she puts the last 3 combos together

THURSDAY: Power Hour AND Walk/Run 2 miles

FRIDAY: Step This Way (no abs)

SATURDAY: Power Hour (no abs) AND Step This Way (abs only) AND Walk/Run 2.5 miles

Some of my workouts felt really great this week and some were not so great but such is life. Step This Way really kicks it up and I really like it!!!!! :) Power Hour just kicks ME up! Good stuff.

How is everyone else?????

Kelly

Hi everyone and thanks for starting the chieck-in Kelly. I know what you mean Kelly about listening to your body. I did that last week and took an extra rest day. This week was good but I can tell I am not getting as much rest since the kids are in school. I like to get my workout in before they get up for school so that means I am up pretty early (about 4:30 a.m.) I really need to try harder to get to bed earlier. One afternoon I actually sat down to read and fell asleep. I sure felt rested after that little nap. :)

Anyway, I just finished the third week of the slow and heavy rotation and really liked it. Any suggestions for the next rotation? My foot is still bothering me so unfortunately, I can't do a lot of high impact. I might try just a little this week and see what happens.

Here was my week:

Monday - S/H Bi's and Tri's
Tues - Step Works with abs from Power Circuit
Wed - S/H chest and Back also played a round of golf with walking and carrying clubs
Thursday -S/H Legs and Shoulders
Friday - Cardio Kicks with abs from Power Circuit
Sat. - Power Hour also a 15 mile bike ride.
Sunday - Rest or maybe a stretching tape.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Lynn W

Hi Kelly,

Sounds like you had a great workout, good. Kelly, I just love the way you planned your workout, nice :eek:) I'm new too Cathe workouts. However, I do have Power Hour, and absolutely love it!!! and MIS and LL and so on...and so on.....

I can't wait until my new tapes get here, yeah!! I just wanted too say keep up the good work, ttyl

Trese

Hi Lynn ;o)

Please too meet you <G> I'm new too this forum, so forgive me for butting in, hehe. I was looking at your workout schedule and admiring it. Great going on the rotation, and too!! good for you for listening to your body.

Girlfriend, I struggle with getting up at 5:30 but 4:30, woe! you're awesome and surely dedicated, I like that. Keep up the good work. Nosey Trese over and out ;o)

Trese

Kelly it looks like you are enjoying Step This Way. I would like to get that one, but it will probably be a while.

Lynn, I don't know how you and the others do S&H and Power Hour in the same week. I did S&H every other day with cardio in between and was totally drained. I'm wondering if I wasn't toting around a 20 lb. baby if it would kill me as much. I really like the workouts, even though I feel the back in my arms, and the shoulders in my back :-hmmm

Here's what I did:
Sun. Rhythmic Step
Mon. S&H chest-back, Power Hour abs
Tue. Rythmic Step WU and 1st sec. + BodyMax leg circuits
Wed. S&H Bis-Tris
Thu. 2K01 step
Fri. I was totally drained this day. My muscles just felt like jello. Went to Vegas to celebrate our anniversary and saw American Pie 2 (does all the laughing count as an ab workout?)and had a nasty buffet at Ceasers Palace that we had won in a raffle. I can't believe people were paying $25 to eat there...blech! Looked for shoes for my clown feet, but no luck. Did try on some Reeboks and they fit fine, but I didn't like them so I ordered some Reeboks online. Hope they fit. I had to return my Nike's (which have always fit me) cause they were too small.
Sat. S&H Legs-Shoulders + 2K01 abs. I was so tired today, but felt much better after my nap ;-) Although, I was still discouraged about how drained I was. And next week I start babysitting kids, so I was worried about that. Ahh, things will workout though.

Sorry for the long, whining post!

Andrea

Welcome Trese!

Glad to see you enjoying the forum. It's great!

Andrea

This week has flown by, I'm hoping I can even remember what workout I did at the beginning of the week!

Sun...Circuit Max
Mon...Planned rest
Tues...Power Bar Training (PBT)
Wed...felt sore, so did nothing
Thur...Step Heat + abs
Fri...Reebok's Intense Move + upper body and abs from PBT
Sat...Cardio and abs from Body Max + lower body from PBT

I'm probably going to have to change my rotation soon because the last two weeks I've been modifying it. I think that's because I'm bored rather than it not being effective.

Have a good week everyone!

Stacy

My week was easy to remember, since I did nothing but the CTX tapes. The first time I'd done the set all the way through...I'd always thrown in some walking, but not this time. I wanted the shorter workouts after doing three weeks with the S&H series. They ARE long, let's face it. I really like these tapes, and will find it hard to go onto something else. I have it written down on my workout calendar to do them for 3 weeks and more on to something else, but I may do them for 3 weeks more.

Sat: Leaner Legs and Kickbox & Biceps
Sunday: All Step and Shoulders (this was not so hard to catch onto, however, I DID preview it twice before I did it.)
Monday: Power Circuit, back, and extra leg work with Xering and fitball
Tues: Step and Intervals and chest
Wed. 10-10-10 and triceps
Thurs. PS Legs and Xering work & fitball
Friday: rest
Sat: Start over with Kickbox, but did leg work at the Y on the Cybex machines. Supersetted between two machines at a time and got out of there fast. Not many chicks in the weight room at 6:00 am on a Sat. morning!

Happy day off for everyone who doesn't have to work on Monday. I will be recovering from a picnic I'm throwing today.

Hi everyone!! Happy Labor Day!! Another busy week, I got up at 5:30 every morning to take a power walk. I really enjoy them! Still going strong with my training however, I'm getting conflicting advice, so I would like your all's opinion please.
I started doing the one bodypart per week, and now my boss is saying no, no, you must do them twice a week. Which is right? I'm building muscle and losing fat. Both are equally important for this competition. So which should I do? I thought maybe doing my lagging bodyparts twice/week and leaving the one that are coming along good to only once. Any advice?? Ok, here's my week.

MON: yoga, PS and S&H BBA, pullups, a.m. walk and p.m. SNI

TUES: a.m. walk, PS and S&H Chest and tri's p.m. KB

WED: a.m. walk PS and S&H Legs and abs

THURS: IMAX had to modify legs were sore!!

FRI: a.m. walk, PS and S&H shoulders and p.m. 10-10-10 and yoga

SAT: REST did some lesiurely walking practiced posing and routine

SUN: IMAX and calf work

I had my bodyfat taken yesterday the first one was on the hand held thing and it registered at 10.2%, then I had the calipers done and they read 13.0% which is right? Should I average the 2? This stuff is getting very confusing:-(!
Ok, have a great holiday everybody!!

Aimee

I don't usually check in but I have recently turned over an exercise leaf so as part of the new more consistant me, here goes:

Mon 4 mile run and Leaner Legs
Tues Rhythmic Step 4" and Power Hour Upper Body Parts
Wed Rhythmic Step 4"
Th 4 miles and Power Hour
Fri Rhythmic Step 8"
Sat Shopping for an new outfit to wear to a Sunday wedding,
Chauffering kids, cleaing, wondering where the day went!

Bobbi

P.S. You would think a 4" step on RS would be wimpy but I was very sweaty and tired and a little dazed when I was done. Also, I had intended to go to 6" before 8" but in my zeal to workout I grabbed 2 risers per side on Friday! Even though I never experienced the kind of near death thing that happens after some of the interval workouts, I did required mouth to mouth resusitation but only my four year old was home (slobbery!) so I just picked myself up off the floor and got on with my day! What a great week!

Hi Aimee,

How are you today, woe! girlfriend your workout is awesome. Are you really comepeting? I'd love too get into bodybuilding, not to compete or anything, too old, i guess; just for the heck of it. So that I can get a lean, tone and trim body. But, I'm coming along nicely. How is your protein intake, just being a little noesy. I don't think I'm getting enough protein.

I brought the other day. Designer Protein Smoothie, (its' new)girl it is the best protein I ever tasted, really. Its' a little on the expensive side. You get 10 packs for $24. I got 20% discount, save a few bucks. What proteins do you do? and how much protein do you consume in a day?

Today is the start of my 8 week Cathe rotation, Yippee. Can you tell I'm soooo excited, I know I'm going too get great results. I just finished MIS, thinking too do a cardio (All Step) tonight; I shall see ;o) Feeling pretty good right bout now, legs are a little fried, but it feels so good, hehe.

Personally, I feel if you want to work two muscle groups a week, that fine. Most people I know do. The key is too rest 48 hours before working the same body part again.

I don't have the S&H series yet, hope too soon!! Have a great day today. And I'll ttyl ;o)

Trese

Hi Bobby ;o

Girl, you got it together. Great workout!!! I usually run 4 or 5 miles, after LL too!! I did Cathe Kickboxing, yesterday and LOVED IT <G> I think I'm going too pull out my Tae-Bo tapes too. I have both Tae-Bo series, and never worked out with them. Now, I got a greater appreciation, for them. Going too try and put into rotation on cardio days.

Are you fimiliar with the Firm? I worked out with the Firm for some years now. They're great tapes, really. I was recently introduced too Cathe tapes. OMG, I can't tell you how much I love them. I'm waiting now for my new ones to come, yes! I brought several off the Firm forum. I think I'm going to buy her S&H series, soon. Well, going to take a hot bubble bath now and relax, I'll ttys ;o)

Trese

RE: Hi Trese!!!

Yep, yep, yep!! I'm really going to compete. It's my first one and I must admit, it's a little overwhelming!! My contest is on Oct 27th. 8 weeks from yesterday. Get into bodybuilding, it's an amazing feeling after your done pushing yourself extremely hard!! Of course, you have Cathe tapes, so you alreay know the feeling:)!
My protein intake is no less than 150gr/day usually closer to 200grams. My carbs are no more than 150gr/day usually around 100gr.And fat is no more than 30gr/day. My main intake of protein is chicken, tuna, fish, whey protein from universal nutrtion, and eight bars. The chocolate covered coconut is awesome!! They're by premire nutrition.
I want to try those Designer protein smoothies sooooo bad!!! But I'm a bodybuilder on a budget. It sucks. So I get the best deals I can find. Like on Tues. I'll go to GNC and make use of my gold card. Discount Day the first Tues of every month there. I'll pick up more pro powder, and bars then.
I think what I'm going to do is work my lagging parts twice a week and let the other ones get trained just once a week and see how that goes. It's amazing how all these different bodybuilders I've talked too, have their own system, and while it works great for them, I don't have time to do trail and error!! So I'm combining their advice. What do you think?

Aimee

Thanks Trese!

Welcome to the forum! :) You will see that there are a lot of decicated and awesome women on this forum. We keep each other so motivated and fresh! Believe me, I turn into a pumpkin :-sleepy about 10:00 so it isn't so hard to get up at 4:30.

P.S. You are not being nosey.

Lynn W

RE: Too funny

I have yet to do RS. I am normally a 8" stepper but now I wonder. Great week !

Lyn W

Hi all and congrats to all your hard work.Trese I too use to do the firm but i am lovin Cathe right now much more so I put the 20 something tapes from the firm on the back shelf. I am going into my third week of s&h series I comsidered the first week more of a learning week, to get use to them first.
sun= s&h tri &bis, and Imax.
mon= rest
tues=s&h chest and back, and treadmill cond=intervals 7.0 miles at 10% icline max...
wed= S&H legs and shoulders, and cardio kicks.
thurs= S&H tri & bi, and circuit max.
Fri= rest
sat= S&H chest & back, and interval max.
Sun = S&H legs and shoulders and cathes cardio step challenge.rodney yee power yoga.
I traded one of my firm tapes for cathes cardio step challenge. , does anyone still do this one??????? I really did not feel like i worked out. After this week on to ps series. with cardio and yoga... Anyone up for a daily checkin for more support and or advive??????????? See you later, Denice.

Hi Everyone!
I have not been posting much lately since I started working two weeks ago. Those 3 weeks off after the bar exam were much needed, but I was definitely sitting in front of the computer too much! Anyway, here was my week:

Mon: S&H L&S a.m.; walk dogs 1/2 hour p.m.
Tues: Wedding Video cardio a.m.; walk dogs 1/2 hour p.m.
Wed: S&H B&T a.m.; walk dogs 1/2 hour p.m.
Thur: S&H C&B
Fri: Run 1.5 miles a.m. with dogs; walk dogs 1/2 hour p.m
Sat: Interval Max a.m.; walk dogs 1/2 hour p.m.
Sun: Rest--Labor Day picnic with friends and bonfire tonight! FUN, FUN, FUN.

I didn't see a weight loss checkin this week, so I'll just put my good news here. I finally dropped the buck on a good digital scale. I had not weighed myself in about one month since the old scale was broken. It appears that I have lost 17 pounds since January total! Yippie. My clothes are finally fitting again. What a great feeling.

Have a great week everyone!
Cruncholi

Cruncholi,

I did start the weight loss checkin last week but no one posted and I didn't get around to bringing it back to the top. Oh well! Congrats on the 17 pounds. Great job. It's a wonderful feeling, I know!!!! :)

Kelly

Hi Denice ;o)

You know, I'm feeling the same way about my Firm tapes. I'm putting them on the shelf too. Going to the next level, which is Cathe, Yeah babe!!! can you tell, I'm pumped, hehe.

I'm just loving her gym style workouts. I know that I'm going to reap all kinds of benefits, from her tapes. I just started her 8 week wedding rotation today. And, I will be following her rotation to the tee. Also, I will be adding to it too, on most days, I will be doing a double workout.

I've know doubt that, along with clean eating, by the end of this rotation. I'll have reached, my goal. I like how you put your rotation together, nice <G> Well girlie, keep up the good work :eek:)

When you say check in daily? Are you referring too are daily regimens?

Trese

Hi trese, I too was going to do the wedding rotation, but was short a few tapes so instead I started the s& h series hopefully ill get the rest of the tapes, plus I was not sure about the stepp videos in that rotation are they complicated???? yes in ref to a daily checkin I mean everyday checkin to share food diet workout they did that day etc. sometimes I need more support and advice, and if we had a daily maybe it would be helpful, and we wouldnt have to just post once a week, it could be support, getting ideas etc, well if anyone is up for it, lets do it. Denice.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.