a challenge put forth by my friend

Cbelle

Cathlete
I've been having an ongoing friendly debate with my friend. She is a runner and lifts weights at the gym and has never done a video in her life. I on the other hand, live for my videos and have 250+ of them. She's convinced I won't get good results from the videos since I havent in the past. I'm convinced I will but havent yet because of poor eating habits. So I'm thinking I will embark on a challenge to do only videos (in this particular case Cathe only) for a period...maybe 3 months? In conjunction with this I will be doing with my husband Weight Watchers. This will hopefully address the bad eating habits.

My plan of attack is to take each series of Cathe's and give it my full attention for a month. I'll be starting with CTX to kind of ease into it. I've actually got 10 months worth of series to go thru if I include the new ones I've preordered that will surely be out in that time.

This will also help me figure out what style is best for my body (light weights, heavy weights etc.)

Has anyone done anything similar or have any comments/suggestions for me?

I forgot to add that I will be adding an extra dose of running in the evenings cuz I don't like to let my running fall by the wayside.

i don't have any suggestions but did you challenge your friend to do some intensity series or something? usually the ones who critcize the videos are ones that never found the right one LOL.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

>Has anyone done anything similar or have any
>comments/suggestions for me?

yeah, try not to rub it in her face when you prove to her that you can really kick butt doing videos! }( }( }( }( }( }(

For real, though, sleep hard and drink water hard. Good luck and have fun! :)

Missy

Why wait three months to prove her wrong?

Challenge her to just try Body Max one time (let her borrow it) and then I bet she'll change her mind. :)

Ooops guess I wasnt totally clear. My challenge is going to be to do just videos for 3 months and come up with some great results. Not to have her do any of the videos. She doesnt think I will have any results since i havent in the past, I think i will as long as I keep my eating in chekc.

I think you should consider about her genetics and yours. A big determining factor on how you look is your genetics. You could have the *same* routine as another person next to you, but your genetic make up will decide how exactly both of you will look. Your physique is not entirely routine specific.

However, I do think eating habits has a lot of input on how you look. You'll definitely will improve your physique by clean eating... so would I and everybody else!

my results are my own. I'm not trying to be like my friend or anyone else. I just need to lose 20 lbs. She thinks I won't be able to do it with the videos and should get in a gym instead. I'm convinced I can do it with the videos. Therefore, I'll do just videos for 3 months and hwile I might not make 20 lbs in that time I want to come close and prove her wrong

video workout works.I do them only. once in a blue moon I will attend a kickboxing class at the gym.my muscles were built in my own workout room.I don't know why some tend to assume you can't get a great workout or good results from home. I know for me people are amazed that I don't go to the gym to lift.

Good luck! It sounds like you've got great motivation and support going for you. A friendly challenge can really help me stick to a goal, and with your husband doing Weight Watchers with you, you'll probably have a much easier time eating better. My boyfriend is pretty much a meat and potatoes guy, so it's harder for me to eat lots of fruits and vegetables. I bet if he was interested in eating well, it would be easier for me to do it!

Let us know how it goes for you!

Tonya

my next question is when to get started. I've got a huge party day on Fri both lunch and dinner. My husbadn comes back from the middle east on Sat and has all kinds of restaurant cravings to get out of his system, hten there's Christmas. It almost seems like I might as well wait until after christmas at least.

Why not start January 1st? :) Sounds perfect...

I cannot understand how anyone would think that the videos are less challenging than a class at a gym. I think I work harder doing videos (Cathe videos to be more specific) than any class I take at the gym!

Go out there and show her how hard you work!!!!!!!!! I agree with the previous poster too about drinking lots of water and sleeping well.

You can do this!!!!! Not only will you prove her wrong, you will feel like a million bucks and be in that bikini before summer even starts!!!!!

You can DEFINATELY get results using videos exclusively! I lost 15 pounds using videos exclusively a few years ago and have now lost 13 pounds after having a baby using videos exclusively again! It can DEFINATELY be done and the cleaner you eat the MORE results you will see FASTER! Have fun and let us know how it goes! :)

PS: I know it's not part of the challenge but I really think you should have your friend do a Cathe work out as it sounds like she thinks what you do is "too easy" to get good results with! Prove her wrong! Show her what happens when you mess with a Catheite, baby! }( ;)

1. You can absolutely do it with "just" videos. I lost 45 pounds with a combo of WW and The Firm- I didn't even know who Cathe was... imagine how fast I could have lost it if I had known!!!

2. Friendly challenges are awesome for this goal.

3. So is the Forum!!

4. Are you feeling like you have to start both WW and workouts at the same time?? I think if you could manage to start in with a few videos before Christmas, you might feel better and like your goal is more manageable.

5. Have fun!!!

oh no, I've been doing the videos for years now.....so I'm not just waiting til I start the WW to get started. just emailed with dh and I think we'll probably start after christams. We don't normally do anything special for new years so no real need to wait til then I guess.

Just realized another motivation for me! My boss owns a huge boat that is docked int he winter in Cancun and he's going to let all us girls that work for him fly downt here in Feb and stay on it for a long weekend! Bikini here I come!!!

>Just realized another motivation for me! My boss owns a huge
>boat that is docked int he winter in Cancun and he's going to
>let all us girls that work for him fly downt here in Feb and
>stay on it for a long weekend! Bikini here I come!!!

WOW! That's super cool of him! Sounds like great fun! You are right, that IS great motivation! :+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.