Cathe on a budget

TRSTACIE

Cathlete
Hello! This is only my second post but I have read a lot of comments about members struggling to afford all the equipment needed for the Cathe DVDs so I thought I would share how this bargain shopper got the goods.

Orignal Club Step:
$20 with four risers off of Craigslist

High Step:
$49.19 at Target.com but with the 5% redcard discount the prices drops down to $46.75 which beats Amazon.com and everywhere else! Plus, all Redcard purchases have free shipping.

Two 25lb adjustable weights:
Stamina Versa bell from Target.com is $120.89 but drops down to $114.85 with the Red Card discount! And that's the price for a pair of them...much cheaper than anywhere else. The weights adjust in 2.5 lb increments and start as low as 5lbs. They are very sturdy...my only complaint is it takes a bit of time to adjust the weights.

Butts and Gutts Combo from Amazon.com:
Excellent package deal. Not only do you get the Butts and Guts DVD (highly recommend btw) but the combo deal includes ankle weights, light hand weights, a stability ball, and the stretch bands which can double as firewalker loops. Right now it's ~$45 at Amazon.com (I paid ~$20 back in September which is cheaper than the DVD alone but the current price is still a great!)

My local Marshall's store:
4 Panel Mat - $10
8lb Weighted Vest - $10
Step pad which is awesome for when the step is used as weight bench: $6

Walmart:
110lb Barbell - $30 (don't buy this online....the local store has a cheaper set)
Turbo Tower (same as the STS tower) - $80
40lb weight set - $20 (I bought this because the weights are compatible with the barbell because they are lower weights than what came with the original barbell purchases).

Cathe.com:
Slanted Risers - $40 (after Calendar discount but shipping added on another $10. Wayfair.com beats the normal Cathe.com price but Cathe offers coupons.)

Slide N Glide Discs: $18.40 (after the Calendar discount)

That's how I was able to get all of my equipment. I am pretty happy with everything except for the dumbbells. After trying out other ones in the sporting good stores I have a new appreciation for them because they are not super long like the Bowflex and Gold's Gym ones. At some point, I will probably set a new set (I have been drooling over the Nautilus Universal set). I hope this helps people with ideas on where to find good deals on fitness equipment. Happy bargain shopping!

I am a very tight tightwad...and we are on a tight budget too...but I have managed to get almost all of Cathe's dvd's from saving up birthday and christmas gifts and setting money aside too.

Tough out there

I know it's tough out there financially and everything adds up. It's took me 4 months to get everything which spread out over that time is about the same as a gym membership would be (especially since I would need one with child care included).

I purchased almost all my DVDs used from ebay. The few new ones I have were bought only because of Cathe's awesome holidays sales and the coupons she offered. STS was by far the most expensive item but with the sale price combined with the 25% off coupon I couldn't help myself. I did agonize about it for days though! ;)

In some ways, my cheapness helps motivate me. If I bought it, you better believe I am going to use it!!!!

The Turbo Tower at Walmart is currently $97 + taxes, not $80. I wish I had ordered before Christmas when it was $80. I didn't want a depressing "Blue Monday", so I didn't buy it. It's hard to be responsible sometimes. Such is life. :mad:

Turbo Tower

I almost didn't buy the Turbo Tower when I did. At the last minute I decided too because I wound up with some extra funds due to a car repair costing way less than expected. I am glad I did since the price has really increased (if you can even find it lately). I think it will go down again in a couple of months. I suspect the New Year's resolutions to get fit have driven the price up....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.