calories burned with HRM

VickyWI

Cathlete
I received a HRM for my birthday but it doesn't give the calories burned. How do I determine how many calories I am burning in one hour? Is there a chart I can use with my HRM?

jojo VickyWI Sorry I do not have an answer to your question because I have been trying to find out the same information myself Someone under the thread burning calories told me I should purchase a HRM to find out how many calories you burn I think it was crazystepper so I sent her a reply but as far as I can tell I have not got a response and I'm not sure because Im not so sure I know how to find out if I have had a response So please if you find the answer let me know Thanks!

I don't know the ans on how to convert heart rate for length of time into cals burned, but I know there are some HRMs that do it, so there has to be a math formula somewhere. The more expensive HRM will do it for you. But I would think it would have to do with the time you were at a certain heart rate, so you would have do to a bunch of calculations. Say one for the warm up, one any easier parts of the workout, one for the parts where you are really working, and one for the cool down. I think it would be easier to get the more expensive HRM, which is exactly why I haven't gotten one. I can't seem to get my debit card to give up the dough for that one. Maybe try a google search. There HAS to be a formula somewhere.

ETA: or take a peek at this http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calories.htm
I don't know how right it is, but kinda interesting. Even if the calorie counts are right for the activity, they should be right relative to one another - walking vs running vs sitting. Interesting anyhow

Nan

I have a Polar F6 and it tells me how much calories I burned. What brand and model do you have? Maybe someone with the same model can help you out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.