Calf cramps

groundhog

Cathlete
I did PLB today and those calf raises caused a cramp that will not let go in my calves..I am walking around the house like I just got done riding a bull or something..any of you get these?? How do you get them to ease up...took two muscle relaxers did not work..help..ouch!!

Cramps can be caused by ionic imbalances within the muscle fibers. You may need more potassium in your diet.
T. :)

I will try eating a banana before working out then, its a little better today but still got a ouch factor..thanks for your suggestion

I agree with Trevor. Or, it could also be simply that you weren't stretched out enough before and/or after the calf work. Maybe next time don't do them all, and see what happens? Or take a stretch break in between? If you get cramps in your calves at night while sleeping, that is usually due to an electrolyte imbalance. Hope you feel better soon!!

Carol
:)

Just got them doing the calf raises in plb, maybe a will stretch in between sets of those then, thanks..they are feeling better today..I think I just was not used to that exercise

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.