BUFF BADGERS Mon 1/2

Pedmom

Cathlete
Happy New Year Badgers!

I had a good workout weekend but too much eating. Luckily it cancelled each other out.

Yesterday my friend came over to workout and I introduced her to Cardio Coach. She loved it! We did volume 4 which is about 51 minutes. She used the treadmill and I used the elliptical. It is tough!

Today she's coming over and we're doing Cardio & Weights. We have a regular schedule planned out around our work and kid stuff. Finally! She's not ready for heavier weight work yet, just lighter stuff. So I'll my heavier stuff on the days she doesn't come. I'm shooting for working out every day this month, even if some will be just stretching/pilates type.

Hope you all enjoy the last vacation day if you are off!
Jill

PS-We're having thunder along with rain this morning. How weird is that for January!?

I too am a Wisconsinite! We are having that lovely drizzly rain too. It is so dreary out today. I am glad I did my workout first thing or this crappy weather may have hindered my motivation!
Are you going to watch the Badgers play today? My hubby is leaving work early to watch it. My little boy is a big Badger fan . He's 6 and is already dreaming of playing for them! :)
Have a great day and Happy New Year to you too! Susan

Good morning,

Happy new year! Today is my last day of vacation; it's been so nice to have a good amount of time off.

I joined a gym last week and have gone twice so far. I'll start my half marathon training in earnest next Monday, so I know I'll be spending a lot of time there. I took a kickbox class on Saturday that was a lot of fun... I'm just excited about a little shakeup to my routine.

Jill, good for you for introducing your friend to your workouts. It's always helpful to have a buddy.

Welcome Susan! Where in Wisconsin do you live? I'm in Madison.

Take care,

Ellen

Ellen, it's my last day off too. Boo!I love gym classes! I'm envious. I just don't live close enough to a gym to join. Luckily I have a gazillion workouts! My friend has worked out in the past but not for over a year and never at home. She's enjoying it so far. And it does help--we can nag each other if one of us doesn't feel like exercising lol.

Welcome Susan! Where is Winneconne? I've never heard of it. I'm in East Troy, about 25 miles SW of Milwaukee. Welcome to the group! We have had a couple of dinners together (I missed the last one due to a sprained ankle) and I hope we will again. It's fun getting together with people that understand our obsession! I'm not sure if I'll catch the game-what time is it on? I need to get to Walmart for grocery shopping and of course get my workout in!
Jill

Welcome Susan! I am in New Berlin.

I didn't work out yesterday but did one of the pre-mixes on KPC this morning. Tomorrow is back to work for me too and hope to be more consistent with my AM workouts. I also re-joined the gym and signed up for spin classes for next week - Tues night and Sat morning. I am hoping that will supplement my morning workouts and chose Spin because I think it is easier to modify to your own level and because it isn't an option I have at home.

Did you hear they just fired Mike Sherman? I hope they can find someone better and don't regret this decision. I thought he was OK and felt that more of the problems this year were injuries and what he had to work with. The Offensive Coach should go. Now I am more concerned that Brett will be gone.

It is weird to have rain but prefer this to snow. Glad to have the break from what we had early January. Most of our snow is melted now. Yeah!

I guess we won't be seeing the new workouts for a while yet! :(

Hi, all!

What is it about everyone going to the gym lately? DH and I are both off today so we went this morning, too! It was my first visit in months. Aug '05 rotation called for a 5 miler and I didn't want to do it outside so we joined all the other "New Resolutioners" at the gym. I jogged while hubby did Spin.

Marie - Yes, unfortunately we won't be getting the new workouts for awhile but I "actively previewed" my new Mindy VHS (Awesome Intervals - on sale for $5 from her website) and I can't wait to try it.

Susan - I live in Waukesha but I'm originally from Sun Prairie. Welcome to our little group!

Sue

Well, Winneconne is a small town just outside the Oshkosh or Appleton area. It's about 20 minutes from either place. We only have about 2,000 people scattered around so it's quiet! A great place tp raise kids though! :)
The Badgers play at noon today! Go Big Red!! Not too surprised to hear about Sherman, however, I bet this might affect Bret's decision. He may not want to go through another coach! Susan

Hi again!

Christy came over (I'm sick of typing "my friend" lol) and we did a Firm workout--AWT. Worked up a good sweat.

Marie I think it's a given that Favre is done. He was acting like it at the end of the game (didja ever see him hug a ref before?) and the other players were talking like that too. :(

Sue good idea not running outside today. It was nasty!!

The Badgers won-yay!!!

Okay I'm off to shower---I had to make dinner immediately following my workout-P.U.! LOL

Jill

Since I know how much you guys love my puppy pics...........lol

Note to self: when I hear strange noises I need to go investigate immediately. NOT after I finish something else. I am left with half a roll. :( (The stains are rust from before I got a water softener-don't be grossed out lol)

000_0107.jpg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.