Buff Badgers 12-26-05

shakeubooty

Cathlete
Hey, guys! Is everyone out of town or hitting the after Christmas sales? I for one am sooooo glad Christmas is over. We survivied hosting Christmas at our house. It was a mad house, not enough places to sit, too much food, I burned the ham glaze, total chaos when it came to gift wrapping, sister forgot her purse, but at long last it's OVER and now I can truly enjoy having a little time off.

Eating has been real bad the last 3 days...Started getting stressed on Friday while cleaning and was so hungry and those Christmas cookies were just taunting me so I broke down. Saturday and Sunday were bad, too, and now I feel like a bowl full of jelly LOL. Before my bad eating weekend I was actually doing really well. Weighed myself on Friday and was down 9 pounds since the summer. Don't dare weigh myself for a few days now...

Started with the August rotation today for a major calorie blast. Did Bodymax + 200 jumping jacks + 40 pushups. The pushups at the end were especially tough. I broke them up into sets of 10. Don't know how long I'll be able to continue this rotation (time constraints) but this week at least while I'm off at least I'll do it.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Hubby got me a Cathe gift card, spa gift certificate, Best Buy gift card and necklace. I don't mind all the gift cards because I can shop guilt-free that way but I was really hoping for a treadmill. Guess I'll have to keep wearing him down on that one! }(

TTFN,
Sue

Sue-kudos to your DH on his gift selections for you!! Wow! How nice. Maybe he'll decide HE would like the tm also, and you'll get it without "using up" an occassion gift! Sorry your dinner didn't work out too well. :( Sounds like your on track now though-the Aug. rotation makes me quiver in fear! LOL. I feel like a bowlful of jello too!

I went shopping this morning at Kohl's in Delavan. What deals!! I got there at 8am for the early bird specials. I did great. I got:

1 Champion sweatshirt for me
3 sweaters for me
1 pair dress pants for me
9 pair Adidas workout socks for me
3 pair trouser socks for me
2 pair jeans for DS16

$139.60 including tax! Plus I got $20 of the "free" gift cards for next week. I will go back and get another sweater probably. I'm not tiny like I was last year, so my size small sweaters don't fit. Boo hoo. At least I got good deals though. One sweater was only $10!

I got home and cleaned up and put laundry away and some Christmas presents. I'm just waiting for my workout buddy to let me know when she's coming over. We are going to do Cardio & Weights today. I hope it doesn't scare her off. So far we've only done "easier" workouts like Basic Step and LIS and Body Fusion. She doesn't like using weights, but she's put herself in my hands, and I told her she can't just do step. She's not liking it, but I think she will when she starts seeing results. She said her upper abs are still a little sore from the stab. ball abs from Body Fusion that we did on Sat. :)

Enjoy the last day off! Except those of you lucky girls that get the whole week off!

Jill - Great deals at Kohl's! I was still snoozin' at 8 a.m. so missed the sales today. I have the kids home anyway and just feel like hanging around the house - watching TV, surfin' the web, reading. Just discovered you can download audio books onto CD from the library. My card has expired so I have to go in and have it renewed but this will be great for my commute.

Let us know how your w/o buddy likes C&W. That one starts out easy but gets more intense at the end. You're right - she'll like the results.

Sue

Hi BBs!

Add me to the group that is glad Christmas is over. I like all the planning and the music but towards the end it gets stressful and I long for normal times again. Another one with way too much food so we are eating up leftovers. I am not sure how many people actually showed up on Christmas Eve but they were all over. I was exhausted and my whole body hurt by the time we got to bed. Still had trouble walking on Sunday but better today. No workout though - just vegging and recovering.

Great job shopping Jill! I love Kohl's and am always amazed at the final price esp when they have a sale plus coupons for even more off.

We were out for a few things at the grocery store and Target but after the stores had been open a few hours and they weren't all that busy.

Tomorrow it is back to work and hoping to get back to my morning workouts.

Weather is finally so much better and we were able to get some walks in.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.