Budokon yoga

I have Budokon Flow and Flexibility. I do like it a lot, but it's such an odd niche that I have troubles fitting it into my rotations. When I first previewed it, I thought there was no way I was going to be able to do some of the moves, but I was actually surprised. Now, I know I don't look anywhere as poetic as Cameron does, but hey, it's a goal.

I don't have the others as they looked a lot harder. But I do like this one.

do u need to have good balance to do this? i was thinking of trying the Budokon Power and Agility.

laura

I have all 3 of the Budokons (after Christine's last post I couldn't resist) but haven't even opened the shrinkwrap. I was thinking about putting this in place of yoga day. I guess I'll have to pop open one and try it. I'll do Power and Agility just for you, Laura. Yoga day is Thursday so I'll post a review then.

Marcy

Laura,

As promised, here's my review. I'll try and include more when I have more time, but here's what I remember from this morning:

Power & Agility is about 50 mins. Think Core Synergistics, Plyo X, yoga and martial arts. This is a lot tougher than it looks. There is a tutorial which should be watched before doing these moves (I didn't but had to refer to it since I hadn't done any of these moves before). For the first and last 5 minutes, you are in seza (sp?) position (sitting on heels) doing rolling wave breathing (breathe in through belly to ribs to shoulders and out (shoulders, ribs, belly). There's another breathing sequence using the arms where you pull them in on the inhale and spread them out on the exhale. He does what he calls rolling vinyasas (down dog to chaturanga to cobra and then back to down dog), then does the same thing with up dog instead of cobra. There is only one arm balance. You start out in frog pose (deep squat, hands in namaste), then go into crane pose and then jump back to chaturanga. He does something like a plank to chaturanga run (starts out slow and then gets faster) but sideways (I forget what he calls it). There was another move like in Plyo X where he does a 180 degree turn from a squat. He also does a 360 degree turn. There were some moves like flying monkey, leaping leopard and fighting crocodile. There's a move called flowering lotus which is really like going in and out of camel pose. He also does pigeon. Towards the end, he does some supine poses like twists, plow, happy baby and a glute stretch. You need a lot of core strength for this one. If you go on budokon.com where the magazine section is, some of the articles give detailed instructions on how to do some of the moves. I really enjoyed this. He does a lot in 40 minutes of actual workout time.

I am really looking forward to doing the other two.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.