Beginner/Intermediate Check-In 12/25-12/31/05

khiway

Cathlete
Merry Christmas Everyone,

I am working on my new rotation which I will post later today. For Christmas my Fiance' got me a Boxing Bag :D. It's by Wavemaster and you fill the base with either water or sand. My fiance' told me that some white stuff and water was coming from the ceiling in my exercise room and he had to throw away my exercise mat because it was damaged. He said he would have to call someone to come over and look at it. So of course I said "Show me what's going on (with a panicky feeling). So I go in my exerise room (and he is sitting on the couch in the basement) I turn the light on and there it was - my Wave Master Boxing Bag. I was so thrilled. I showed him a picture in the newspaper of that item a few months ago after Cathe announced she was going to have some new workouts with the boxing bag - so I got it and I am ready for these workouts now. It comes with a DVD and he bought me some boxing gloves.

---Kimberly C

Awwww, that is very sweet. I guess you were suprised especially since you were just in the room wrapping presents the other day. Nice gift.

It's raining here in philly today. I'm getting ready to do walk away the pounds 3-mile. Later on today I'm going to do power hour.

I've been reading the boards and someone asked Cathe to help with a program to help lose 20-30 pounds. I'm going to adapt to this progam for seven weeks and see where it takes me. It's basically an hour of aerobics and three days of full body strength workouts. On the weight days, I'll do less intense aerobics. I'll do this for three weeks then take a rest week with light aerobics, walking. The fifth, sixth and seventh week will still be six days of aerobics, but I'll change the strength workout.

Of course, any adjustments, recommendations and the such from my workout buds would be welcomed and appreciated.

This will start today --->Gettin my game face on }(

Sun - AM-Walk away the pounds 3 mile-60 minutes/PM-Power Hour

Happy Holidays Everybody

:)

Got my workout in this morning. Today I did my elliptical for 50 minutes:7

My power hour session last night was easier than muscle endurance. Thanks Kim! It went pretty quickly too. I have slight soreness in my triceps and biceps. I thought I would have chest soreness, but I don't. I'll stick with this workout on my strength days for this week.

I got all the way through BodyMax today with modifying the intensity. Its a very fun workout and moves very fast! I had to do the leg circuit without a step to keep my HR from going bonkers.
Tomorrow I'm trying Leslies' Walk and Kick for the first time. Also I noticed her advanced 5 mile walk is up on Collage for ordering and seeing the preview:
http://collagevideo.com/cart/hpdispatch.aspx?Cart=RGM50FU
Beth

Thanks for the info on Leslie's new 5-mile walk. Woooo, it's 71 minutes! With shipping it comes to $29.94. I do want it, but I'll wait till Jan 1 to see how much it costs on QVC/HSN. I forget the channel someone posted earlier.

Hi everyone,

I didn't exercise yesterday. I went shopping at 7am and didn't return home until 4pm and then I went over a friends house and then was home again at 8:30pm. So I was gone all day.

But this morning I did Leslie 3 miles Express. It felt so good to get back into exercising. Beth you are going to love Leslie Walk & Kick. About Leslie's 5 mile walk, she is to be on QVC 1/1/06 at 7am & 4 pm (EST). I am going to wait until then also to see if its going to be a better deal than Collage.

--Kimberly C

Kim, I'm sure that all day shopping trip was a workout in itself.;-)

I did Beachbody's Cardio Party this morning....ummm barely. I didn't get enough sleep last night and was tired this morning. I even cut off the last segment. Something I never do. The sleep issue is pms induced and will be here for a few days.

On a brighter note, I received my KPC dvd this morning. Oh happy day!!:D

I did like Walk and Kick. Being Netflix, of course, I have to order Walk and Jog separate even though I can get them combined on one DVD on Collage. I think I will tune in to the QVC thing because the 5 miler looks fantastic.
After cleaning house today I did Kathy Smith's New Yoga Basics to loosen up my back. I've had it since it first came out. Its very relaxing. If you are stressed out, I highly recommend it.
Tomorrow we may do a mountain hike and then swim. So no videos or I will be too worn out. I'm still going to try and get in Circuit Max and Bootcamp this week, highly modified. CM is probably the highest heart rate workout Cathe has, about like IMAX 3. The first time I did it my face was so red afterwards I looked (and felt) like I had a stroke.
Beth

Beth, I ordered this workout from Netflix called Custom Fit:Interactive Training. It arrived cracked in half. I reported it as cracked and asked to be sent another one. I got the replacement yesterday, but this time it was completely cracked? I've received more than my share of cracked/broken disc and it's starting to irritate me. I'm going to look into blockbuster and see what their selection is like.

Ok, that may have been a pms rantx( -Sorry ;(

I hung out with my family last night. My cousin is in town visiting. It was so good to see her, I didn't want to leave. I was telling her about KPC, so I'm going to send her my vhs. She's a firm believer, so I can't wait for her to tell me what she thinks about kpc. I didn't get home till after 11:30. My going to bed late two nights in a row has left me drained. Gosh, how old am I again? My mother has more stamina than me. I could literally fall asleep at my desk right now. I'm not going to exercise tonight, I need to rest.

Oh, I received my kickmax trade from videofitness. I viewed a little of it and I must say it didn't blow my socks off. Do you guys have this one?

Guess I should do some work. Later

Chris

Oh, it started slow and then I "put on my game face" and pulled up my big girl pants"!!!

Sunday-Off
Monday-Off
Tuesday-High Step Circut and Muscle Endurance (low weights for the 2nd one)
Wed-KPC-Intermediate Intensity Drills and Combos 1 & 2, Abs
Thursday-BootCamp
Friday-Mega Step Blast
Saturday-Step-n-Intervals, GS Tris and Chest-Abs

Hope everyone's having a fit week!
MJ

Chris, I have Kickmax and it is not as much fun as KPC. I have never done the entire workout beginning to end, only 2 parts at a time, because it is so long.
Today we did hike for an hour , then I did Cool it Off which was a great way to stretch out those muscles. I enjoy doing a climb once a week, it really works different muscles. Then we went swimming. Thursday is always a rest day for me. Hopefully I'll be up for CM or bootcamp on Friday! But also-Netflix has shipped the Biggest Loser workout already. Which is weird becuase it was reading "Long Wait." We'll see if it actually arrives. I'll post a review when I get it.
Beth

Hi everyone,

I didn't workout this morning. I got up this morning at 5:30 cleaning out my closet to send items to the Goodwill by the end of the year. I guess I was on a "roll" that I missed my workout and had to get ready and go to work. Chris, I think I am going to do the rotation you are going to do but I think I will modify if a little with 4 days cardio and 2 day Full body weights. I will do this rotation for about 4 to 6 weeks. I actually written down several rotations weeks ago that I would like to do and this was one of them. I don't know if I will have the time to do 2 workouts in one day right now. Also when Cathe new DVDs come out I am going to do a New Version of the Lowerbody Solution or Thighblaster Rotation.
I wasn't thrilled about Kickmax either. I used it 3 times and sold it a few weeks ago. I don't like the drills in Kickmax like everyone else does. I like KPC DVD much, much better.

--Kimberly C

I got the Biggest Loser DVD from Netflix today and previewed it. I will post the breakdown in a new thread after I do the workout tomorrow. It has 4 different 20 min segments so I don't think I'll get it all in tomorrow. 2 cardio, 1 weight, and one circuit. It was fun to see some of the "losers" again and there are some recaps of Matt and Suzy's 10 week odyssey that are fun. Bob Harper was really motivating and the crew seemed to be having a good time together. From just looking at it, the circuit workout called "Bootcamp" looks the most advanced. I'll probably do the high intensity cardio plus Bootcamp.
Beth

I did the Biggest Loser high intensity cardio (20min) and bootcamp(2omin). They were solid advanced intermediate to advanced workouts. I liked that a lot of the moves were high intensity but low impact. I modified the jumping jacks like Andrea to plie squats with overhead lifts. This DVD is really fun. I highly recommend it if you liked the show and you like kickboxing and no fancy choreography. There are more details in the thread "Biggest Loser." Tomorrow I'm going to do the 2 lower intensity workouts on the DVD.
Beth

Beth, Thanks for the update. It's been in my queue on Netflix since it was released. I don't think I'll get it anytime soon. Would you buy it?

Hi everyone,

I am glad the holidays are almost over. Well I am back to a solid workout routine. This morning I did Cathe Basic Step. I am going to start clean eating as much as possible. Chris, I bought the issue of "Looking Good Now" and it has the rotation that you said you are going to start doing, well I guess it's similiar to yours. It includes 2 days of All Weight Training and 4 days of cardio. This is the one I am going to do for about 4 to 8 weeks.

--Kimberly C

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this website. This is my first post. What date did this topic begin and am I qualified to begin here? I used to run 8 miles a day with a fairly good time of 1:15. I was 30. I am now 47 and 185 lbs. The age doesn't matter to me. The pounds do. I run out of breath too easily and give up too easily. The start up seems boring and embarrasing to me. Does anyone have this same experience?
I've started a new years resolution. I'm going to use Cathe's High Step Challenge adding one chapter each week and then walking on the tread mill for the rest of the 68 minutes that I should be doing "SOMETHING" to make room for the entire 68 minutes in my daily schedule. So I've got a plan. Now all I need is support to keep it going. Is that what this topic is for? To support each other to keep going?:)

Hi Finally Focused, welcome to the check in. Anyone can start here. We are a small group of exercise enthusiasts. Some are more advanced than others, but not so advanced as to post in the advanced boards. Kim started this thread. A weekly thread is created on Sunday by whoever works out first or wants to post first. Some post daily, some post their workouts for the week. I like to post daily.

I know what you mean about running out of breathe. It amazes me that when I started exercizing around june of last year how out of breathe I got walking on my treadmill when 2mph was my fast speed. I've come a long way since then. I used to get winded doing Cathe's basic step and almost passed out with body fusion. Now, I redo sections 2 and 3 from basic step to extend the workout.

You can tell us about your experiences or new workouts that you've tried. For example, for thos of us that don't have High Step Challenge, your feedback of this vid would be welcomed.

Ok, I've babbled enough. I hope you'll join us and be a regular poster.

Hi Finally Focused and welcome. High Step Challenge is one of my favorite workouts. There are 2 shorter premixes you can do also when you work up to doing several segments. I do all the cardio low impact on that one.
Chris, I don't know if I would buy the Biggest Loser but I've enjoyed renting it and doing it. The lo intensity and sculpting are awfully beginner level. That's what I did today and could barely get my heart rate up. I am now more into renting to get variety rather than buying. Its a lot cheaper since we already have Netflix going anyway. Also that harder workout yesterday really kinked up my back. There isn't much of a warmup before the kickboxing, and I think that's why. Cathe always warms you up about 15 minutes before going into any intense kicks and punches. I've never had my back stiffen up doing hers like I did on this one. So, I've decided not to recommend buying it after all. But do rent it and try it out becuase it is pretty fun.
Tomorrow is our long walk day in the early morning before church. Its about the only time my neighborhood is quiet enough to take a walk. Otherwise its leafblowers, construction workers, pocket bikes, go-peds, motercycles, ATV's, you name it. I live in white trash-istan.
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.