Beginner/Intermediate Check-In 12/18-12/24/05

khiway

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I am still recovering from my tight neck. I am still taking a muscle relaxer and Ibuprofen. I am going to hold off on working out until Tuesday. Hopefully it will be a little better. I am shooting for a 4 day workout week.

--Kimberly C

Hey Kim,
I was wondering how you were doing. When it gets so bad that you have to take muscle relaxers, you HAVE to take it easy. For me, nothing feels right if my neck or back has a problem.

This morning I did KPC without the crunch. I have to filter in ab work at some point.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning all:

Kimberly - I'm so sorry about your neck. Take is slow and easy!

Chrissy - I see you got up early this morning. Good for you!!

As you know I've been struggling in the mornings. So my husband is going to help me out by getting up early with me. This morning when the alarm went off at 4:45 I wanted to stay under the warm covers sooooo bad. Thank goodness DH got up and turned on the lights!! :)

Of course once I started, I was so glad I got up!! I did Lo Max and I've ALMOST got all of the steps down! :)

One of the other threads got me motivated as well. The one about how many days/hours do you work out. I'm amazed at how much some of the ladies work out!! It made me realize that my piddly 2 - 3 times a week just isn't cutting it! So, I need to step it up a bit so I can enjoy some Christmas "cheer" and not feel guilty!!

Michelle

Sunday-All PS Upper
Monday-PS Legs and Abs, Step-N-Intervals
Tuesday-SH Back, KP (no crunch)
Wed-SH Shoulders, Mega Step Blast (w-up and segment 1 and 2 only)
Thursday-SH Chest, CTX Kickbox
Friday-SH Triceps and Biceps, Power Circut, floorwork from L&G's
Saturday-Hopefully opening my high step, BC and ME, and KickMax!!

MJ

MJ-my workouts will look like yours one day!

Michelle-Yes I did get up early. Yay, me!! Your husband is the bomb for helping you along with your program. Did you do a premix of lowmax or the whole program? I'm still trying to get premix 1-4 down.

Eureka!!-while reading another post asking about body sculpting on the low-impact step dvd, I'd forgotten that I had this option. I'm going to incorporate total body sculpting into my program this week. I will do this one tonight.

My videofitness trade experience-I received power hour today. I can't wait to view it. I'm still waiting for kickmax to arrive.

Crissy - I'm still new to Cathe -- so most of the workouts that I have are from FitTv. I plan to figure out which ones I like best and then buy those DVDs - because I really want to be able to mix things up like all of you gals!! :)

I printed off the descriptions of the workouts and found that some of them are almost the entire workout on FitTv - such as push/pull, coremax, PUB, PLB and most of supersets. Actually, with the weight workouts I'll see that, for instance, triceps might be missing, so I just go ahead and do them on my own.

However with Low Max it looks like there are 7 Step Combos and Blast, so I see that I am missing:
Blast #2
Step Combo #4
Blast #4
Step Combo #7
Blast #7

However, even missing those parts - I got a GREAT workout! FitTv is soooo wonderful for beginners! Do any of you beginners have this channel??

Ok, I'm baking - yes, even though no cookie exchange, I'm bringing some in for my boss. Better food than spending a lot of $$$! :)

I'll try not to eat too much! I'll check in tomorrow -- hopefully DH will kick me out of bed again! :)

Michelle

Michelle,
Oh, I see. I'm sure you do still get a good workout with the modified lowmax version. I'm only doing combos and blast 1-4 and I'm done!

I wish I had fit-tv. My cable station, comcast, doesn't have it here. The added it on the preview channel called on-demand. You can play the program until it's expired. I've looked at stretchmax, but that's the only cathe that they have. Actually I haven't looked there in a while, but I hope they get more of fit-tv workouts.

Ummm, I'm previewing power hour and I won't be doing this anytime soon.

I love to bake. I love the smell. There are chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal raisin here. Last night I ate quite a bit to make myself not want them anymore. I am a sugarholic, so every sweet item in my sight is a challenge. I have to retrain my palet.

Hi everyone,

My neck is a little better now. I can turn my head to the left and right. I know I am going to take it easy like you said so tomorrow I am going to do Leslie Sansone Express 3 mile walk. I guess the rest of this week I will try to do light and short workouts. I know I can't go wrong with Leslie. I feel "yucky" since I have not exercised. I don't want to lose the little motivation that I have. Chris, you should go ahead and try Power Hour. It's actually a little easier than Muscle Endurance. Michelle, I have Fit TV and I really enjoy watching it. I never get to do Cathe workouts on there because she comes on after I workout in the mornings. I love watching "The Gym" and "The Reunion". Reality TV is everywhere. Anyone planning on exercising X-mas Eve and X-mas day or is anyone planning to take the holiday off? I plan on exercising this week Tues thru Friday and pick back up on Dec. 26th.

--Kimberly C

>Hi everyone,
>
Chris, you should go ahead and try Power Hour. It's actually a
>little easier than Muscle Endurance.

Ok, I'll give it a go this weekend

>Anyone planning on exercising X-mas Eve and X-mas
>day or is anyone planning to take the holiday off? I plan on
>exercising this week Tues thru Friday and pick back up on Dec.
>26th.

Nope, no breaks for me.

This morning's exercise was walk away the pounds the 2-mile
This evening I plan to do body sculpting from the low-impact dvd
I didn't do it last night, I went to the supermarket

Kimberly-be sure and watch the sit-ups when you resume exercise.Don't do any without supporting your neck. I found that some Cathe ab work is unsupported and gave me neck spasms.
Power Hour is a blast. Just do it the first time with light weights to get the feel of it. The music is so rockin...
Yesterday I did the Total Body Sculpting 2 set premix. I did it right after a cold morning walk. I thought my muscles were warmed from walking, but when I started lifting (using heavy) I could feel weird straining feelings. So I don't think I will lift right after being out in the cold again. Today is cleaning. Tomorrow is, if I feel OK, some cardio. I feel like my body is fighting off flu germs left and right. I've just been tired and little achy. Maybe tomorrow will just be Leslie 2 miles.
By the way, I've read in several places that every 4th week should be a recovery week of just light exercise to let your body absorb the toughter workouts of the prior 3 weeks. I think this will be my light week, especially since I did Hardcores last week.
Beth

Hello everyone -

I got up early again this morning! I decided to start running again. I used to run many years ago, before kids!! So, for my first run I mapped out a one mile course and my hope was to do just the one mile without walking. I was even up late putting songs into my IPOD to keep me occupied while running.

Well, guess what?? Obviously the Cathe cardio workouts have helped me out!! I didn't even THINK about walking, not even once!! I'm soooo excited!!!

Now I guess I need to go map out a longer course!! :)

Ok, I'm so pumped I'm going to go ahead and do some weights! :)

Michelle

Good going Michelle! It's so awesome when a goal is reached.

I didn't workout this morning, but I will do cool it off tonight. This is an hour stretch workout.

I did do body sculpt last night off of low-impact. I didn't feel worked out as layed out in the straight 30 minute program. I'll keep this workout in mind, but I think I'll just rotate Jari's get ripped and something else. I'll try power hour this saturday or sunday. I'll do get ripped tomorrow.

Its more fun to exercise outside I think. I wish I could bring my step and Tv/dvd outside and do it it but I don't have a good surface!
Hubby and I went hiking today up a modest mountain, maybe 500 feet climb. I was pretty winded but felt very virtuous. It was about 1 hour hike. then I did BOSU core synergy. Its really hard stuff but I felt virtuous just doing most of it. Then a light swim. Then out to a golf course for restaurant on the patio. Its in the 70's and I am really enjoying playing outside this week!
Beth

Ok...Had to revamp my week, and I'm WIPED OUT!!!

Sunday-PS Upper
Monday-PS Legs, Abs and Step-n-Intervals
Tuesday-SH Shoulders, Chest and Back
Wed-w/up of Mega Step Blast, segments 1 and 2 only, SH Tri's and Bi's
Thursday-SH Legs and some sort of cardio (up to 25 minutes only of cardio)

The rest of my week will be cardio and abs only...Had to get that SH work in, my next 2 weeks are swamped and I'll be lucky to get anything more than CTX cardio or weight training (short like push/pull) in...At least this way I feel like I accomplished something more than shopping before the holidays!

Off the lay on the couch and do NOTHING! I've got the DOMS for the first time in 2 months!!!
MJ

I'm wiped out and didn't do anything like your week MJ!
Today I went for a 30 min walk and then tried to ride my bike, lasted about 15 minutes on that and was just too tired to do anything else. So...I read and book and waited all afternoon for the dishwasher installer. Finally got it finished at 5:30pm. A Kenmore Elite. Its so quiet I can barely hear it! Yeah!
Beth

Tonights workout was Get Ripped-by Jari Love
It seemed much easier to me this go around. I haven't done it in a while though. I love her style. I can't wait for her new stuff to come out.

I've had a pretty good workout week
Mon-KPC (no crunch)
Tues-Walk away the pounds 2 mile and body sculpt off of low-impact
Wed-No workout-had to bake for office holiday party
Thurs-Get Ripped!

Tomorrow will be LowMax in the am

Hope everybody is doing well. Oh, 3 of my 5 pound gain is history.

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't checked in. I was going to do a Leslie Sansone workout on Tuesday but my neck starting feeling stiff again so I just thought it would be best for me not to workout until I feel that it is completely healed. What a bummer x( I haven't exercised at all this week and I really feel jellish. I think I will be fine to start back next week. I guess I am so anxious I wrapped all my X-mas gifts tonite in my exercise room. Instead of having the regular TV on I put in Cathe Legs and Glutes DVD and Leslie Sansone DVD and watched it while I was wrapping my gifts. One of my co-workers called me at home and I told her what I was looking at and she said I was nuts:7 because I look at the workouts like I am watching regular TV.

Anyway I will be checking in over the weekend and re-doing my rotation.

---Kimberly C

Kim, better be safe then sorry. Just remember to take it slow when you start back next week.

This mornings workout was low max. I tripped over step combo 2 like I'd never seen it before. But step combo 4 I was fine with and I usually trip over that one. Oh, well. It's done!

I don't have doms from doing get ripped last night. I'm gonna do power hour on saturday.

BTW-I couldn't stand it anymore, I ordered KPC on dvd.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I agree, better safe than sorry Kimberly!! It is funny that you are watching the work out tapes like tv! I do the same with fit tv!

Beth - I know what you mean about a quiet dishwasher -- I wish mine was quiet!!

MJ - wow, you are doing REALLY good with your workouts this week -- go girl!!

Crissy - I think lo max is tricky too. That sweep step gets me every time!! Wait until you get to Step Combo #5 - high kicks around the world -- yikes!! You are going to love KPC!! Merry Christmas to you!

I felt so silly this week. After my exciting one mile run - my calves were killing me! What's up with that?? I should have taken your advice and done some stretching, but didn't!! I know, that is no excuse for not working out -- but it is the only one I have! Ha ha!!

I'm being lazy today! I need to get my butt in gear. This Christmas it is just going to be me, DH and the two little ones. Our families live far away so no big get togethers for us. So, hopefully me and DH can get some good workouts in since we are off work! I'm making him stick to his promise to work out with me!! :)

Later -
Michelle

Today I did Low Impact Step followed by Gym Styles BSB. I don't think I like Gym Styles as well as Pure Strength. Just doesn't seem to give me the same burn. Its crazy, because they are longer. I think I use heavier weights on PS because you only do 10 reps. Some gyms styles have so many reps I go light on them.
Tomorrow I think we will go for along walk, Sunday also. The golf course is closed so we can walk on the cart path and get some new views. We always take a traditional Christmas Day hike ever since we've been married. Just the two of us and the dog. But no dog this year! What a bummer.....
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.