Barbell Pad

mini-natty

Cathlete
Hello :)

Has anyone used a pad to assist with the barbell being placed on the back of the neck/shoulders for lunges/squats? I just recently bought a barbell, but find it too painful. I can go pretty heavy for legs.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you,

Natasha

My bodybar has a pad on it, which can be moved to a regular body bar. Hope you find something for your pain.

I have the old Firm padded barbell. Love, love it!

I don't know if they are still even sold, but would highly recommend it for just the reason you are stating.

I use an Ivanko pad for my bar. I COULD NOT get by with out a bb pad. Sorry, I don't remember where I bought it. Just wanted to let you know that I am in your camp; it was very painful lifting without a pad!:confused:

Mini,

I'm so glad you got a barbell. Where did you purchase it from?

I do have a BB pad, theValeo Barbell Pad, which I brought from Amazon for around 10$. It uses a valcro strip so it is adjustable to both standard and Olympic sizes.

My hubby said that foam pipe insulation would have work just as well but I don't trust something that might have toxic materials in it.

Best Wishes,

Denny R.

Mini,

I'm so glad you got a barbell. Where did you purchase it from?

I do have a BB pad, theValeo Barbell Pad, which I brought from Amazon for around 10$. It uses a valcro strip so it is adjustable to both standard and Olympic sizes.

My hubby said that foam pipe insulation would have work just as well but I don't trust something that might have toxic materials in it.

Best Wishes,

Denny R.

Hi Denny,

Actually I bought it from a sports store here in Canada for about $30 (w/clips not threaded). I really love it. It gives a new dimension to weight work.

Thanks for the heads up about the pad. I know there is a "sweet spot" to place the bar, but it still is extra uncomfortable, borderline painful. I am not sure why most people would not chose to get a pad, I mean for $10 why not right? My husband said he hated them and that's what prompted me to ask here. I thought perhaps it was just as uncomfortable with the pad.

Thank again,

Natasha

I got my barbell pad after using my barbell one time without one. It was awful! Try Amazon.com.....mine was under 10 bucks.....the brand is Valeo. I had to roll a washcloth around my bar and then put the barbell pad over that to get a tight fit. Hope this helps!

Hi,

I actually use foam pipe insulation, my DH got some and cut a few pieces for me. Just make a slit lengthwise and it pops right over the bar. Cheap too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.