Avocado

Teddygirl

Cathlete
Never had it before. But, I'm going to buy my first one today. I read they are high in fat; good fat that is :) :9 What do you do with avocado, just curious :)

Teddygirl~

--My DH likes to scoop it out of the skin and spread it on sandwiches.
--chop it into salads.
--use it to make a veggie dip.

Michele

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!
I love them any which way - in salads, on sandwiches, as guacamole - even my favorite way - plain. Slice it up, lay it on a plate with some fresh, sliced tomatoes and sprinkly with a little sea salt. Delicious!! Do make sure it is appropriate ripe before you cut into it, however. Most from the store are not yet quite ripe. They should yield to pressure without being too soft. The skin color should be dark, dark green.
Yes, they are high in fat, but a) it's the good kind, and b) they are also very high in nutrients. They are very good for you. Eat up!!

Thanks Teddygirl, your post reminded me that I had a nice ripe avocado in the kitchen and now it's my lunch!:p I'm having a sandwich, olive/rosemary bread with avocado slices, a bit of onion and chive cream cheese and diced tomato and it's yummy!!

I like guacamole and avocado salsas but my favourite is cutting it in half and eating it with a spoon right out of the skin. It tastes so fresh, it's as if someone had made creamy butter using fresh green grass:9 :9 :9

Enjoy!

Take Care
Laurie:)

On a salad with chicken, black beans and salsa.

On tacos

As guacamole

On a turkey sandwich (otherwise known as a California turkey sandwich).

I absolutely adore Avacados. A lot of times I sprinkle a little lemon juice and pinch of salt on them and eat them as is. Be careful though, they are full of calories. Fitday told me! :p

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar08/slider-scale/lb/0/81/26/.png[/img][/url]

I just had my first Avocado. I slice a piece, put a little salt & pepper on it and yummy its VERY good. It has a unique taste can’t describe it but very good and expense too. My WW bible said they are 2 points for 1/4 (2 oz) OUCH. So I will be eating them in moderation ;-)

FYI, Giant Eagle has them on sale 2 for $5.00 I only brought one but will be buying many many more. Thank you :)

Teddygirl~

I like them in guacamole, or chopped and added to bean salad.
Lately, I've been taking 1/2 avocado and spreading it between two slices of sprouted hemp bread for a sandwich. Yummy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.