anyone try physique57?

*~Jessica~*

Cathlete
After doing cathes turbo bar, I am now interested in doing MORE barr workouts:D has anyone done the physique57?? and if so, what are your thoughts?

I have Physique 57 workouts. They are good workouts, but I like Cathe's much better. P57 is more expensive, too. I haven't tried any other barre workouts out there, though. I don't like the instructors in P57 - the lead instructor doesn't actually "do" the workout, & I simply don't like their style. I think Cathe has spoiled me!;)

I have Physique 57 workouts. They are good workouts, but I like Cathe's much better. P57 is more expensive, too. I haven't tried any other barre workouts out there, though. I don't like the instructors in P57 - the lead instructor doesn't actually "do" the workout, & I simply don't like their style. I think Cathe has spoiled me!;)

Thats what I was afraid of...the instructors "style"!! I know what you mean about being spoiled with cathes dvd's! Theres no one quite like her! Thanks for your input Jane ;)

I have these and was so excited to try them...well, if you can get over the constant yapping of the instructor...i do not like the workouts. Just my opinion. Can't beat Cathe!

I have them and tried one and didn't like it. I love Cathe's athletic take on Barre. If you like a more athletic barre type work Tracy Effinger's Squeeze and Squeeze stronger (my favorite) workouts are really good. I also like Tracy Anderson's Mat.
I like the Meta workouts for add ons. I've been using meta glutecentric to my traditional weight lifting program.

I have them and tried one and didn't like it. I love Cathe's athletic take on Barre. If you like a more athletic barre type work Tracy Effinger's Squeeze and Squeeze stronger (my favorite) workouts are really good. I also like Tracy Anderson's Mat.
I like the Meta workouts for add ons. I've been using meta glutecentric to my traditional weight lifting program.

Those sound intriguing!! I found them (tracy's) on amazon! Thanks fit44!!

I just got these a couple of a weeks ago (christmas gift). I've only done the 57 minute workouts but I like them so far. I thought the instructor would be too bubbly for me, but she's actually not too bad, I think she's just naturally silly and likes to joke around which is a nice change of pace from the too serious instructors, especially the ones in barre workouts (core fusion, tracy anderson, etc). I don't have Cathe's Turbo Barre yet so can't compare it to that, and too soon to say if I'm seeing any results.

I wish they would give us a preview like they do with cathes dvd's!! that way, you get a real good look at what your in for and what the instructors are like! I checked out their "outtakess" on youtube and I still cant get an idea of what their workouts are like, just their goofiness, lol!

Before Cathe's Turbo Barre, my favorite barre workout was Tracy Mallett's Booty Barre (63 min.). I like the first P-57 workouts better than the second--especially the P-57 Express in the first set. It's a nice 30 min. workout.

Revived Old Thread

I have these and was so excited to try them...well, if you can get over the constant yapping of the instructor...i do not like the workouts. Just my opinion. Can't beat Cathe!

I totally agree with this. I do not have any of their DVD programs, although over the last three days have tried out a couple of their w-o's that were posted over at wellvideo. While I appreciated the low impact & I thought some of the moves were fun, I hated the "chatting" & tone/intended purpose of the workout. So, the workout I did in full was 34 minutes. Did you know that in 34 minutes I heard: saddlebags, spare tire, love handles, cellulite, spanx, cankles, sagging behind, skinny. I just felt the whole workout had a sense of negativity surrounded it. If I had to do these a few times a week, I think I might end up feeling like crap by the end of it. What a backwards way to "motivate" (i.e. make us feel ashamed of our female form) women. In sharp contrast, I had just finished up the warm-up & balancing pose portion of Cathe Yoga Max. Cathe told me to not be judgemental of my body. :) I quite honestly have to say that I thought we were beyond this and there is no way I would want/let my 15 year old Niece work out with Physique57 for fear that she will end up guilting her own body. I am so happy to promote and be grateful for professionals like Cathe, Kelly Coffey, Nia Shanks, Jessica Smith, Tracie Long, Leah Sarago, Ilaria Montagnani & so on. They are proof that you do not have to be toxic in fitness motivation to be very effective, show longevity plus be financially successful in your career.
End of grumpy rant. (Sorry if I'm judging the whole brand based on two workouts. REALLY was unimpressed with their dated message!)

Did you know that in 34 minutes I heard: saddlebags, spare tire, love handles, cellulite, spanx, cankles, sagging behind, skinny. I just felt the whole workout had a sense of negativity surrounded it. If I had to do these a few times a week, I think I might end up feeling like crap by the end of it. What a backwards way to "motivate"

Yes it a a backwards way! It is so detrimental and I feel sorry for those who buy it!!!
I am adding TA to the list of those spreading negativity!

when I gave barre workout a try for a few week I used tracy mallet, P57, Susan bowan and a few others a try. The only one that I clicked with was Tracy Mallet

But I absolutely hate barre found it boring and wonder why I would want to spend an hour doing it when I can get the same result with 3 sets of squats in a quarter of the time.

Yes you do feel a burn so "you must be working something" but to me I know a short set of squats that doesn't burn works. I also like old ankle weight floor work that works. So I can see how barre stuff does have an effect but it's not for me.

So if you like barre I would suggest Tracy. She is really a professional instructor and advance barre stuff. I wanted to love barre but not so much.

P57 were good workout but the instructor reminded of old Jazzercise crap my mom use to do

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.