Anyone tried the new TLT's

Has anyone here tried these? How are they? How do you think they would fit into a rotation. Are they more strength oriented. I'm always game for something new and challenging.

Tried 'em. Love ém.
They are not 'Strength" oriented in the traditional sense (see the thread Michele linked to), but they do strengthen stabilizing muscles, and help with full-body muscular coordination.

Currently, I do these twice a week (one on "full body weights" day, and one on 'core" day of my rotation, and do more traditional upper and lower body weight work on two other days.

Just a tip to buy your exerballs at WalMart, not from TLT. I got a 5# pair and a 3# pair very inexpensive at Walmart. Both sets under $15.00 each. Now I would like to find a set of 4's. Last night my 7 and 5 yo dd were playing catch with the 3's. Need to start fitness training early! }(

I am really liking these workouts also. I would suggest incorporating them in at least 2x a week.

>Just a tip to buy your exerballs at WalMart, not from TLT. I
>got a 5# pair and a 3# pair very inexpensive at Walmart. Both
>sets under $15.00 each. Now I would like to find a set of
>4's. Last night my 7 and 5 yo dd were playing catch with the
>3's. Need to start fitness training early! }(
>
>I am really liking these workouts also. I would suggest
>incorporating them in at least 2x a week.

This is the best price I've found:

http://www.power-systems.com/nav/closeup.aspx?c=11&g=3036&Soft/Touch™/Med/Balls

Michele:)

I agree Michelle that is a great site but...for the exerballs you pay a hefty price in shipping. That's why I checked WalMart before I ordered online. Just to get a 4# pair of balls will cost me $12.08 in shipping and the balls themselves are $12.95, so I'll keep looking for a bit before I resort to ordering online.

I think I paid $14.95 (or $13.95) for the 5# pair and $9.95 for the 3# pair at WalMart...plus sales tax of 7%. My Target store did not have any of these exerballs.

But my 12" step hurdles are on their way from that site, Michelle!

Yikes! I didn't look at the shipping costs. Thanks for pointing that out. Someone had said that the Danskin balls are bigger than the Spri. Danskin was the only brand my Walmart had in stock--and they only had one ball. I don't remember the weight. Target didn't have any but maybe I'll check back. Dick's didn't have them either.

Michele

I just ordered the Core and Buns workouts - I'm very excited!

I have a medicine ball but I assume this is not the kind of ball required. These are the little hand-held balls, right? What size did you all start with?

Marie

>You only need one ball for the workouts. I am using the 5
>lb. ball and can feel a it in my core.
>Jen

I wanted to have a couple of different sizes for room to grow.

Michele
:)

Marie,

I have the workouts. The advanced exerciser uses a 5# ball, internediate uses a 4# and beginner uses the 3#. The soft weighted balls they use go from 1# to 6#. Most people say to start with a lower weight and work up.

Michele

Yeah, I know you need only one ball for the workouts but I have young kids who think they need to work out when I do so it is essential that I have extras. I bought the 3# set just for my two young dd's to use.

I used my 10# medicine ball the first time I did the Jen workout and it was too heavy...I couldn't keep up with the pace of the workout. And especially the move where you're quickly changing the ball from hand to hand...near impossible with 10#. :eek:

I have used the 5# ball now and that weight works great for me right now.

They are very different from Cathe workouts. I think they would be an awesome thing to mix in because of that. I previewed the tape first and thought it would be easy. I worked up a pretty good sweat, which surprised me. My balance definately needs some work, and I didn't realize it until trying this video. There is also a lot of variety on the tapes. Sets are realativiely short, but work several groups of opposing muscles. I purchased the "Endurance for Movement" dvd. The videos also present 3 levels all the way through. Tracie does the 2nd level. I have some of her old FitPrime videos and think she is a pretty good no nonsense instructor. I appreciate her reminders about form, and she doesn't rant and rave about how "sexy" you are going to look because you are working out. She is all about health!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.