Anyone had prolotherapy?

jcm

Cathlete
I had my first injectins 2 weeks ago and I'm wondering if what I'm feeling is normal. The office doesn't open until Monday so was just curious - long shot - if anyone here has had prolotherapy and might know.

I had prolotherapy many years ago. The injections really stand out in my memory, so incredibly painful despite lidocaine injections first. I had a series of these and just could not do it anymore; I had vasovagal response. I don't know what you were feeling. I recall feeling stiff, sore and tight in a very odd way. Good luck I hope it helps you.

Yes - very tight in my left glute. It started a few days ago - my first injections were 2 weeks ago. Amazingly my back pain is gone. I've been in PT for my back since January and this was kind of the final option. And yes, I was unpleasantly surprised by how much the injections hurt. Not as bad as my 9 failed epidurals though! Maybe I'll call my PT office and see if they can do anything to help with this. But the fact I layed 17 bags of mulch, worked in the yard for 4 hours and walked for 2 hours yesterday and my back doesn't hurt gives me hope!

Thanks for your response. It was kind of a far-reaching question since prolo isn't that common :)

Jenny

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.