Anyone else overwhelmed?

jacqued

Cathlete
I have been so overwhelmed lately. I know I'm not the only one so I feel terrible about complaining but I can't help it. With all the shopping (I haven't even finished yet), wrapping, cleaning (we're having a Christmas party at our house tomorrow), work, decorating, taking care of my 3 kids (a 14 month old and two school agers who are now on Christmas break) and practicing for a church Christmas play (which takes place tonight). Add in the fact that I haven't found time to work out for 2 weeks and some PMS and it's no wonder I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes.

Thanks for letting me vent. Anyone else feel like venting please do so :7 On a more positive note I found time today to bake the Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookies and just want to thank the person who posted that recipe. They were delicious!!!

Jacque:)

I am right there with ya! I didn't do my usual "Black Friday" shopping and as a result, I have found myself running to get presents before work (were're talkin; 7:30AM here), wrapping at night when I am exhausted, going to the supermarket at lunch time, etc. It's a big lesson learned to do that Black Friday thing & get it all finished beforehand!

I'm here too. This year is the worst I have ever done or I should say not done. I haven't even put up the tree or Navity Scene. Still have 3 gifts left to buy. I have done no baking and or decorating. The baking thing might be good, because it means I haven't eaten tons of cookies like I usually do. Each year I seem to procrastinate later and later. Dinner will be at my house Sunday so I have to find the time in the next few days to get it all done.
Somehow I will find the time and keep my sanity(barely). I just wish I could be like others who put everything up and are ready Thanksgiving weekend and then have time to bake or plan parties etc. Maybe one day(at least I can dream).

I don't feel that I have the right to complain as I took the week off work, but I'm still running ragged. We have our annual Christmas Eve party - so I know the feeling. We have about 50 people coming to our house. Everyone is bringing something, but I'm still doing the majority of the work!

My DH said to me, "Oh, you should not have taken the week off and should have saved the time." I just looked at him! I FINALLY got the cards out on Tuesday - after shopping for my DH and DSD (they're done, thank heavens). Then I wrapped everything. So basically I pulled a 16 hour day with that. Yesterday we took the girls into San Francisco to see the Nutcracker - that was great! So nothing got done. Today is finish my DD and go grocery shopping to get the ingrediants for the party AND Christmas dinner. Tomorrow is spend the day cooking.

Baking cookies? Won't happen. I had planned to make all sorts of cookies and have them for dessert. So, yeah, I'm a little overwhelmed, too, but I know it's almost over and I can go insane quietly... *leaves post cackling madly*

Jacque, just reading your post overwhelmed me, you are one busy person! Enjoy the Christmas play tonight and enjoy you kids!

I need to vent a little too, these past 4 weeks have been bordering on insanity. I don't know whether to liken myself to a plate spinner or perhaps a pinball spinning around in seemingly random directions ad nauseum!!! I am pooped but there are still so many time and energy demands on me until the new year! I'm not really complaining though, I wished to have a busy business and here we are so I'll just have to suck it up for now. I have a lot of food prep and wrapping to do before Christmas. The upside is that while I was rushing around last minute shopping 2 day ago I had the absolute pleasure of meeting and talking with another last minute shopper who just happened to be a Canadian musical icon, Bruce Cockburn, it was awesome!!
I taught classes today at the gym and one of the gifts I was surprised with was a bag of Starbucks coffee and some Gingerbread/Macadamia nut biscotti, I think I'll go brew a cup right now and enjoy a sweet!

Hope you all get a chance to relax and recharge your batteries!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

In answer to your question..... ACK!!!!

How am I going to get it all done??? I have wrapping to do, and grocery shopping and cleaning and cooking and a trip to the airport in Buffalo and did I mention I haven't wrapped anything and that I have lots of people coming Christmas eve for dinner?

Oh boy.

I'm going to my happy place.

yes, I'm overwhelmed!!! I've hardly started my shopping at all! I planned on doing it this week, but I was sideline by a nasty flu!

I would start tonight after work, but I need to go do a Cathe workout first and de-stress or I'll hurt someone out there:p

Brandi

http://www.picturetrail.com/jackieboy

Frankly I am starting to be stressed out by all the party food, wine, cookie baskets...this is my time of year to indulge and enjoy but I tell you I am looking forward to getting back into my normal life.

Bloated,

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

I haven't worked out for about two weeks, either. I "twinged" my ankle during a workout and it hurt too bad to push myself, so I thought I'd rest it. Good time for it to happen, though. I've been so swamped at work, planning three (count 'em, THREE) office parties (we had multiple locations to plan for), working up year-end review forms, tending to travel arrangements (for the office parties), reservations, and training 5 new hires (I can't believe we hired all these people right before Christmas, when no one is in the office, and those who are are trying to gather everything for year-end). Add to that that we're house-hunting, prepping for our own holiday activities, and trying to just "live"...and I'm feeling overwhelmed, too.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one out there feeling like this. Everyone hang in there we'll make it through.
Well, the Christmas play and Christmas party are now behind me and both went well. Now, tomorrow I have to get up early and drive 2.5 hours to Phoenix to the nearest mall to finish my shopping then drive back home when I'm done. It's going to be a long day.

Sometime between now and Christmas Eve I have to find time to wrap those presents. Christmas Eve we go to my folk's house (45 min away) We get home pretty late, have to wake up early Christmas morning to open gifts before church, go to church, after church drive 3 hours to sister in law's house for Christmas dinner, drive home after dinner and opening of gifts.

Day after Christmas drive 3 hours again to Phoenix to nearest airport, fly to Anchorage, Alaska, turn around fly back to Phoenix, then fly to New York for a day, then back to Phoenix. I'm getting tired just thinking about it. My husband is determined to get the frequent flyer miles we need to keep our elite status with the airline we fly and we have to have the miles before the end of the year.

I have to keep reminding myself the reason why we celebrate Christmas. It's so easy to get caught up in everything and get so stressed out. :)

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Jacque

Count me in as someone who doesnt have their tree up!! Didnt bake or do xmas cards this year either. I did get my shopping all done though and wrapped. I made my hubby responsible for buying gifts for 25% of the list...I knew half would be asking too much!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.