Anyone else order Physique 57?

hi robin long time no see

i am getting back into barre workouts myself. right now i just can't afford to order any but hope to in the near future. these types of workouts really help my little muffin back fat and hips better then most other workouts.

kassia

Yes I ordered them and they should arrive tomorrow. I finished the STS 3 month rotation, took a 2 week break and am just finishing the Push Circuit of CLX. I am looking forward to using them after I finish CLX. I don't have any barre workouts and these are the only ones that appealed to me. They looked challenging and different so I am giving a shot.

hi robin long time no see

i am getting back into barre workouts myself. right now i just can't afford to order any but hope to in the near future. these types of workouts really help my little muffin back fat and hips better then most other workouts.

kassia

It's always good to hear from you Kassia. I've been around, but lurking most of the time.

I just recently purchased the fluidity bar. So far I've found that I love the bar but need more challenging workouts (not to mention more variety). I'm no where near a ballet dancer, but I also can already see what the bar workouts are doing for my legs, hips and torso. It's a short period of time since I purchased it, but I'm already seeing amazing results without heavy weights. I'm a bit shocked, but really pleasantly surprised.

Physique 57 looked good and got great reviews....I hope it's not all hype. It also has exercises I like to do. Phyllis, I'm not expecting mine for a while (they said 2-3 weeks delivery time) so I do hope you'll post your thoughts on the workout. I'm excited and anxiously awaiting my new DVDs.

Marcy, do you have a barre? If you do what workouts do you recommend. I'm new to bar and could use some recommendations.

Robin, I ordered, but haven't yet received them. If I were you, I'd wait to order anything else until you get them -- from what I'm reading, these seem like they're going to be the toughest out there and maybe you won't need anything else (or anything else won't seem like much of a workout). I do have the old Bar Method (and used to take live classes a the studio -- the dvds don't compare at all), Lotte Berks, and have recently added Cardio Barre and Exhale Core Fusion workouts. I sort of wished I'd waited on the latter purchases.

Robin, I ordered, but haven't yet received them. If I were you, I'd wait to order anything else until you get them -- from what I'm reading, these seem like they're going to be the toughest out there and maybe you won't need anything else (or anything else won't seem like much of a workout). I do have the old Bar Method (and used to take live classes a the studio -- the dvds don't compare at all), Lotte Berks, and have recently added Cardio Barre and Exhale Core Fusion workouts. I sort of wished I'd waited on the latter purchases.

Thank you so much for your reply...I am so glad I read your post before hit the final button on my Collage purchase. I have Squeeze Accelerated and both Bar Methods in my baskets but haven't finalized the purchase.

Honestly, I like the Fluidity DVDs but each segment wasn't challenging enough for me....except maybe for the abs. The only reason why I think the abs were challenging was because of my body structure (I have very short hamstrings) and scoliosis...my body stucture simply wasn't made to do those moves...I have good abs so I wasn't too traumatized by it...lol. (I do admit I was frustrated by it.)

Please tell me about the Cardio Barre and Exhale Core Fusion workouts.........I heard they were good. Do you like them? How much bar do they have in them? (I'm looking for bar..lol)Even if I love Physique 57 I need variety...I guess that's why I own every DVD Cathe ever produced. ;) Um...that's not to say I use all of them all the time. I certainly have my worn out favorites...

these look interesting. i have never done a workout like this. what have all of your results been by doing this type of workout? are you lifting also or is this what you are doing for your strength training? isn't this what kelly rippa does?

these look interesting. i have never done a workout like this. what have all of your results been by doing this type of workout? are you lifting also or is this what you are doing for your strength training? isn't this what kelly rippa does?

i wouldn't say its a strength workout IMO but when i was into barre type workouts before i did notice some tightening and lifting in the buns,hips,and a bit in the abs. i like to use with other workouts mostly or count it as a pilates workouts b/c you get some stretching and toning benefits. they also,for me anyway, make me feel graceful which is not something i am in my real life LOL. i guess a different kind of strength b/c you are using muscles not normally used in a regular strength workouts.

i am going to add the ones i just acquired into a freestyle like workout b/c there is lots of lower body focused work. between this and kettlebells i am hoping to lean out in the abs and hips a lot.

kassia

Yes, this is the same as the Kelly Ripa stuff -- so much hype because of Kelly, I think. And yes, I'm still doing weights -- I think this is sort of considered "strength training" but it's very different, so I think nothing of doing a heavy weight day and then a barre the next day. I'm doing a really fun rotation now that is sort of like this:

day 1: total body heavier weights (like muscle max, say)
day 2: cardio coach w/ a short barre workout
day 3: circuit (drill max or shred, something like that)
day 4: cardio barre
day 5: kettlebell
day 6: another total body maybe lighter weights
day 7: stretch

I'm really loving the variety!!

As far as Cardio Barre and Exhale workouts...... I was hoping CB would have more of a cardio factor than it has -- my heart rate gets up there a little, but it's not anywhere near what it is for a typical cardio day for me or for kettlebells. They have two dvds out -- the workouts are all pretty similar but just done at a faster pace, from what I can tell -- there's a little variety, but it's not huge. I've only done one Exhale dvd because I just got the other two -- had ordered from amazon and because the one was a pre-order, they didn't ship either until it released. I like the Exhale workout I have done, but the common complaint is that there is too much "set up" time -- just too much time between exercises and so it's not as tough as it could be. But, they have good form pointers and it seems harder than the original bar methods.

Just a side story here..... when my kids were younger we lived in San Francisco and I had a period of time where I was really into the bar method and going to the studio almost every day for classes. There was another mom from the preschool who also went, and one time we were at some adult event, and one of the husbands overheard her saying to me "I haven't seen you at the bar lately." and his eyes got big thinking that this is what the moms do once they drop off the kids at preschool -- hit the bars!! :D

-Beth

Just a side story here..... when my kids were younger we lived in San Francisco and I had a period of time where I was really into the bar method and going to the studio almost every day for classes. There was another mom from the preschool who also went, and one time we were at some adult event, and one of the husbands overheard her saying to me "I haven't seen you at the bar lately." and his eyes got big thinking that this is what the moms do once they drop off the kids at preschool -- hit the bars!! :D

-Beth

That is too funny!!

On another note, I can't believe I just received my Physique DVDs. I really wasn't expecting them for another 2 weeks. Go figure! Now, I have to leave for work now so won't get to try them out until tomorrow. Oh well....

As for rotations, I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I not sure if I'm going to incorportate heavy weights or not. I just may try something new this time. I really believe you can get an awesome workout (and look great) by using just your own body weight even though I generally do weighted workouts. Variety is always good. :)

I'm in the midst of a P90x rotation but I am missing my barre workouts. Once I'm done I'd like to find a rotation to incorporate heavier weights, barre work and cardio. I'm keen to read any rotations that anyone comes up with.

They look interesting but the hip shaking was a total turn-off, so gonna pass. On the bright side I'm saving money!

They look interesting but the hip shaking was a total turn-off, so gonna pass. On the bright side I'm saving money!

that is a move that concerns ME b/c of back/hip issues. usually barre workouts do not bother me but this move might but they still look fabulous so of course i am going to pout until i can afford them LOL

kassia

So far I've done the regular workout and the express workout and that hip shaking was a move that concerned me as well (in the previews I kept thinking to myself "What the heck?"). All I can say is that move is a real shaper and although, in the beginning, you feel silly, it does really work your hams and glutes! Shhh....and it's also fun. ;)

I'm really enjoying the workouts. They are truly a nice change of pace. To tell the truth, I honestly don't think they are all that difficult but I do look forward to doing them. :) I also know it's doing something because I have DOMS in my hams and glutes. (Yay for that!)

Robin, lucky you...... I ordered on the first day and still don't have them. I got a shipping confirmation, but never got a number to track. If they don't show up tomorrow, I'm doing to call them.......

I am mainly a Cathe style exerciser, but I bought the Physique 57 DVDs because I really liked the live class I took at the studio a few months ago. The DVDs are similar to the live class. I have a number of the other barre workouts, but the P57 DVDs are the toughest ones, in my opinion. I think they are a good complement to Cathe style workouts. They get into the muscles in a different way. I think P57 is like Lotte Berk combined with Margaret Richard, in the sense that they use light weights or your body weight, do high reps, varied rhythms, and a lot of different exercises. They focus on women's trouble areas, the arms, thighs, glutes and abdominals.

They are still in the process of shipping them, so in a week or two, there should be more reviews.

Abbe,

I've always been a die-hard Cathe exerciser....I was so hesitatant to order (I didn't want to be disappointed) but glad I did. I like the barre and really felt I needed the flexibility aspects of the DVDs. Absolutely no disappointment here. Well, my only disappointment is I wish it was chaptered and more!! lol.

Ah.. don't we always want more? ;)

AH - I live in the UK and they don't ship here!! This kind of thing drives me nuts as the selection of home grown DVDs in the UK is rubbish!
I will have to wait for them to come up on ebay! Oh well - save my cash for a while!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.