Any suggestions?

JAFitMama

Cathlete
OK, I've been working out for no less than 14 consecutive years, and had just a few injuries along the way. Currently I'm dealing with a recurring blister on the side of my great left toe that just keeps reforming. I am wearing the Ryka Rhythms for step, hi-lo, and Kickbox, Sauconys for running and Ryka Ascend for tennis. Any suggestions? Today is a run on my rotation but I'm not sure I can tolerate any workout shoe today.x( x( x(

Also, I am having a recurrence of PF on my other foot. I've not had the PF problem since 1999. What gives?

Had to vent here, so bear with me ladies, please.

Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"

For blisters, I always use tons of Vaseline petroleum jelly before I run to reduce any friction. I've also heard to use two pairs of socks, so that the socks rub together instead of against your skin, but I'm not sure if your shoes will be too tight with two pairs of socks!

Good luck! I had some horrible blisters last year and I could barely walk - ouch!

Erica

Hi Judy...I can relate as I have had my share of injuries. I am not familiar with PF though. I believe Bobbi and some others have dealt with it. As for the blister what activity does it develop after? What I am thinking is maybe one of the shoes might be just a tad too narrow...I suffered from blisters a few times until I found the perfect running shoe! Vaseline can help too...like Erica said....:)...Carole

I LOVE the new Band-Aid Blister packs. They are GENIUS! I has a blister on top of an older blister when I ran my first 5K and these saved me for sure. You put one on and you don't even feel the blister for days. They are supposed to stay on for a couple of days, even if you shower, and they probably will if you follow the directions carefully, but athletic tape over them helps even more depending on where the blister is. Using these was actually the only way I could get my foot into a shoe other than a flip flop, so I can't recommend them highly enough. It gives your foot the chance to heal while allowing you to stay active.
Mattea

Carole
Since I do such a variety of workouts and change shoes frequently, pinpointing which workout or shoe is the cause is difficult. However, I changed my prescription orthotics to over the counter inserts. My reason for changing to the OTC type was to have a pair in every shoe AND to have a soft pair for shock absorbtion for my joints.

Erica- I will try the petroleum jelly on the blister.

Thank you ladies :)
Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.