any one here get depressed or lonely

thinkgod1

Cathlete
find myself getting depressedand lonely think i am going to try to volnteer to work with kids to snap me out of it hope it helps . i think working out indoors depresses me more

I have struggled w/ depression and isolation in the past. The best thing I can do is keep active (both w/ exercise and other things) and get out of the house and do stuff. I enjoy my volunteer work - I think you would too!

Good luck, and know that you are not alone.:)

Just sending you a hug and hoping you find an answer to your problem. Don't forgot your Cathe friends if you feel lonely.

I went through a despressed part of my life a few years ago. I realized my problem was that I needed change. I somehow got stuck in a rut and to me at the time, change meant doing something I had always wanted to do but didn't. So I packed my bags and moved to London for two years. Yes its drastic but then I worked for a British company and transfered...anyway the depression eventually wore off but it took time.
You know, I was at a point where I wouldn't want to read good news about others because it reminded me of how sad I was inside? Well anyway, like the others wrote, keep active as that is the most important thing. Find something that you have wanted to do for a long time and try it - like painting or riding or writing or whatever it is.

I hope I never go through that again. Oh and part of that depression was having a feeling that I wouldn't live to see the year 2000. That was really aweful!!! But I get it was some dark cloud over me - but it has since long past.

Take care of yourself.

All the time, but I fight it as hard as I can. Being single & having almost no family is really tough.......

Maybe you might consider working out at a health club? I've found it to be a great motivator & a fun social outlet. I've met a lot of great people there who I can trade workout ideas with & sometimes socialize with outside of the gym.

The volunteer work is a good one too. Maybe your local children's hospital, or Big Sisters, or even an animal shelter. Helping others will make you feel good. :)

I think that almost everyone does at some time or another. If you see that you are having an issue, the best thing you can do is make a change to use that energy in a more positive way. That is exactly what you are doing, so I think you are on the right track!

yes i am the same way no family just husband i call his family mine like i refer to his aunt as mine but its not the samne you inlaws never treat you like your family

maybe you need a change. Do some VERY positive volunteer work that focuses on bringing positive things to people. I tried working at a women's shelter once but that depressed me sooo much (I know wimpy) so I moved to volunteering at the library and that was soo much better.

Big hug and positive thought shooting your way.

KIM

Hi!

First off i would like to say i am sorry to hear you are a bit down. Do you have a dog? I could never feel lonely or down with my happy big goffy dog around. You can learn so much from them, they are so easily and naturaly happy. Maybe walk dogs at your local shelter... that also would get you out into the sunshine (good for mood lifting) and it is a great way to meet people.. bring the dog to a busy park. Also do you like to read? I read a lot of history books (historian buff) and it makes us see just how amazing our lives are. There is a book called A Woman In Berlin, it is a womans war diary it makes you feel so strong to be a woman.. knowing we can go thru anything and come out of it! If you read this you see that these people are going thru what seems could not get any worse and it does... but they still stay strong and survive. You will feel like your life is a dream after reading this. Also try a Margaret George book.. great historical writer just came out with Helen of Troy this week. The woman who's beauty startd a great war... sometimes escaping into a good book does wonders for the mind.

Feel good, and enjoy your beautiful life.

B

Annette Bethel

You are not alone in the least bit! Even with children and s/o there are times when I feel alone and lonely. It does take an emotional toil but this also ties in with me with other problems I am having such as finacial. I wish more than anything in the world is to move out of surburbia and get my children into private school. I have always felt better when I do go downtown and when my children did attend private school. I think it had to do with the holstic atmosphere that was wonderful.

((((8))))hugs.....

Annette

Ok, don't even get me started! LOL

I am sorry you are feeling this way. It can be so tough and the loneliness can seem overwhelming. Change is good....but don't change too many things....I did that and things got worse! It is good, however, to force yourself out..whether that be work, school, outings with friends. I know when I am depressed I want to go NOWHERE and all that does is contribute to the madness.

I hope you are doing OK. We are all here for you!:)

BTW...volunteering often does help. It takes the focus off of you and makes you feel good that you are helping someone. Try it!

You bet...I think everyone feels this way. Sometimes it is shortlived...sometimes not.

I usually turn on the news...it cures me. It makes me thankful for having a warm place to live, food and a family who loves me.

I find that the sadness can come from hormones too. If that is the case, then Cathe is the cure. Nothing makes me feel better and tames the hormones than a good sweat!}(

I hope you don't feel lonely or depressed any more. From the amount of posts here, I think you can see that all of us have been in your shoes a time or two!

I also hope that if this is serious and chronic that you will seek help from those around you.

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.