Any healthy smoothie recipes?

khshill

Cathlete
Happy Holidays everyone!

I was looking for a new smoothie recipe but found some in the past threads. If there any new ones you know about with low sugar, let me know!

Thank you!

Kristen :9

Here's my smoothie recipe--for what it's worth.

4 oz. plain yogurt
3-4 oz. tofu
4 oz. soy milk (or regular milk, but I try to get as much soy protein as I can).

I blend the first 3 ingredients until smooth then add:

2 Tablespoons Splenda (or to taste--it depends on the fruit you use). You could also use honey if you wanted.

1/2 - 3/4 Cup frozen mixed berries (or whatever fruit you like)

blend to desired consistency and then add:

1-2 T wheat germ
1-2 T ground flax seed (I buy the whole flax seeds, which are inexpensive, and then grind them in my Braun mincer-chopper).

You can experiment and find a variation you like. In the summer, I leave out the soy milk and add more frozen berries to make a pseudo-ice cream. It isn't Haagen-Daaz, but it keeps the cravings at bay.

This is a staple for me. My kids love it, too (without the wheat germ and flax). My 10 year-old son loves peach, my 8-year-old daughter prefers strawberry but will settle for mixed berry, and my 5-year-old son loves berry-banana. And they even like the tofu. I just mix a big base-batch and then mix their respective fruits.

This is easy, inexpensive, and very nutritious.

I buy Splenda, frozen berries and soy milk at the warehouse stores like Sam's and Costco. I also purchased a Salton yogurt maker, because I use about a quart of yogurt every day or two.

Hope this helps,

Carol F

Here is a very simple smoothie recipe, but I'm telling you, it is THE YUMMIEST!

Equal parts:

pineapple (half of a can with juice included or the equivalent amount of fresh pineapple),
2 bananas, and
strawberries (maybe 2 cups-ish of frozen or you can add like 1 to 1.5 cups blueberries)

plus:

half cup plain yogurt

I don't really measure the ingredients, so these are approximations.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.